Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ABC ~ October Chat

I'm sure you'll see a huge difference after the fill. I really didn't start losing until my second fill.

:clap2: Way to go on the almost 29 lbs. You rock sistah!!!

I have an appointment with our doc on Monday because I'm still vomiting a good amount when I eat. Some days not at all and some days, everything. I think it might be what I'm eating, but I'm a big weenie and just want to make sure.

I also want to see what my weight loss is on his scale since that is, for me, the true measure of my weight loss :lol:

Hi guys I had my second fill today too. The doctor told me to relax.....this isn't a race.I was told liguids for 2 days.......soft 2 days then around 1000 calories. I'm post menapausal and it just takes longer.

Somewhere there is a post about Water aerobics....the YMCA is a great place that offers classes and doesn't have to be that expensive. They have all kinds of memberships ie. family, single, senior or pay for the classes you take.

Faybe how are you feeling? I hope your doing better.

OK don't laugh but what is BPing? You all know I'm a newbie.......I was too embarassed to ask the doctor.

LOL. I know about being too embarassed about asking questions.... I have posted my share on previous months threads, LOL. PBing is a "Productive Burp" where you burp back up what you can't get down, usually it will be covered in slime.

Spunky, thanks for asking,

I am doing ok. I had my barium xray today and it showed that everything is in working order, no slippage, no damage, no stretching and no danger. whew!!!!

My "stuck-ness" must have caused soreness and will have to heal on its own, I was told. I had to sleep propped up last night because I felt as if I was coughing up my food all night. The only explanation they had for me was that it might have been made worse by reflux and that I should take Maalox before bed.

I am going to do that and sleep propped up again for tonight.

Faybie, I am so glad that everything is ok! Thanks everybody for all your support.

I was just at the YMCA today enquiring about a personal trainer. It is so reasonable there and much more affordable than 24 hour fitness. I just wanted to consult with a trainer and get on the right work out program to help me achieve my weight loss goals. I don't want to be doing stuff that isn't going to work. I walked for 1 hour and 5 minutes tonight on my home treadmill while watching Everybody loves Raymond and part of Dancing with the stars. My heart rate according to my newly purchased heart monitor said that my maximum heart rate was at 95% the whole time. I could breathe just fine and talk without a problem, so I knew that I was ok. If I slowed down, I didn't feel like I was getting a workout. It helped that my day started off with a 1lb and a half weight loss from just yesterday. My 2nd fill went fine and I am looking forward to hopefully having restriction this time. We'll see?

Good luck to my ABC bandsters, you are all doing awesome!

Many Blessings,

Starting over

Yes there is a way, by searching... they do have chatrooms but I have never used them.

To Search, go up to the blue navigation bar at the top of the website, and select search, it will be in the middle of the bar, left click it for a dialog box to open, then type in your topic of choice. We did not call ourselves "ABC" the first month it was August 2006 bandsters or something like that.... Let me know if you need more help.

Faybie, I am so glad that everything is ok! Thanks everybody for all your support.

I was just at the YMCA today enquiring about a personal trainer. It is so reasonable there and much more affordable than 24 hour fitness. I just wanted to consult with a trainer and get on the right work out program to help me achieve my weight loss goals. I don't want to be doing stuff that isn't going to work. I walked for 1 hour and 5 minutes tonight on my home treadmill while watching Everybody loves Raymond and part of Dancing with the stars. My heart rate according to my newly purchased heart monitor said that my maximum heart rate was at 95% the whole time. I could breathe just fine and talk without a problem, so I knew that I was ok. If I slowed down, I didn't feel like I was getting a workout. It helped that my day started off with a 1lb and a half weight loss from just yesterday. My 2nd fill went fine and I am looking forward to hopefully having restriction this time. We'll see?

Good luck to my ABC bandsters, you are all doing awesome!

Many Blessings,

Starting over

Sounds like you are doing great! good job! Keep up the good work!

YEAH~ I finally found you all again! I was feeling so lost! lol...no really. :lol:

I get my second fill Tuesday and since the .5 ccs did nothing at all for me I am going to fight for more. I am really dissappointed in myself this past month. I lost a few, they came back and have been struggling not to gain. I have been very depressed. The only thing that has kept me away from the Twinkies is the fact that others have noticed the previous few months weight loss. Otherwise I would be face down in comfort food....

:omg:

:clap2: Way to go on the almost 29 lbs. You rock sistah!!!

I have an appointment with our doc on Monday because I'm still vomiting a good amount when I eat. Some days not at all and some days, everything. I think it might be what I'm eating, but I'm a big weenie and just want to make sure.

I also want to see what my weight loss is on his scale since that is, for me, the true measure of my weight loss :lol:

Hey, I have an appointment with Nusbaum on Monday too!! Maybe we'll see each other. Actually my mom and I both have appointments. I have days where I have a hard time getting anything down and days when I'm fine too. I'm always tight in the morning though. I dont want to get an unfill because I think it has more to do with me not chewing well enough. I find it really hard to remember to chew the heck out of everything.:rolleyes And I'm losing again after being stalled for a while.:clap2:

Faybie, glad you're feeling better.

You know, I've lost almost 30 pounds and I'm still wearing the same size, although I don't look as "puffy" in my clothes. Clarityseeker said she's down 2 sizes, how bout the rest of you. Have any of you gone down a size or two?

Ok I tried entering it said no match.......GRRRRRR!!!!

Try searching for August Band Crew.

get it, ABC?

My scale is also lower than my Drs but only by 4 lbs, so I go by mine naturally :P This morning I weighed in and I have lost 5 lbs!! YAY!! I guess my first fill really is working! I only have to lose 3 more to make my Oct. goal of 8 :lol:

Thanks for the defination Faybie, I didnt know what I PB was either!

I guess I would be considered a fast loser so for the one who asked... What I eat in a day, I am actually keeping an online food journal on livejournal.com and it helps me to keep track. I'd say I eat about 1000-1200 cal per day and it ranges because it depends if I work that day lol Working at starbucks is fantastic but being around pumpkin Spice lattes and Mochas all day can get tempting! But I have found that I can usually limit myself to a small sugar free vanilla latte made with skim.... I try to eat Protein filled foods, Breakfast is either a Protein Shake or a bowl of cherrios, a typical lunch for me is one of those tuna lunch packs, it comes with 6 crackers, tuna, mayo (low-fat) and relish (which does have sugar but you can leave it out) and that usually satisfies me till dinner, and dinner is whatever I make for my fiance ( which can be tacos, burgers, whatever...) except I eat way less than I used to and I cut out the bread, like if I make tacos I have hard corn shells, burgers I have no bun ect... I hope this helps!

My scale is right on with my doctors scale. Which I really like.

Libra, I'm down almost 30 now and I'm in the same size too though some of my pants are way loose.

Libra,

I started out in a 24 (or a stretch 22) and now I'm in a 20 (or a stretch 18) so is that two sizes?? I actually went out today and bought a size 16 slightly stretch and they ALMOST fit so I plan to be wearing them by christmas! :lol: