Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello my name is Tiifany

I am 30 years old. I had my sleeve gastroectomy on 9/17 to date i have lost 10 pds. I thought that it would be more than that by now.I had alot of pain the first day in the hospital it was horrible. I also developed a infection in my incensions but my doctor has me on antibotics and it seems to be getting better.

Hello China

Thank you for responding. I do have any friends who have been through this process and would like some support and someone to talk to. When did you have your surgery if you dont mind me asking and how is your process coming along.

Hello, my name is Tonika and I had my sleeve done September 26 2012. I originally had the lap band In 2003 and I was 374 pounds. I got down to 176 pounds nevertheless I started having problems with the band and I creeped back up to 288 pounds. I went In for a revision on my birthday January 26 2012, my liver and my stomach were merged together. The surgeon said he's good but not that good so once he freed the band and liver and stomach he aborted the revision. I woke up to disbelief he said I had too much scar tissue and would never be able to have any weight loss surgery again. I was depressed for 8 months till one day I said God please heal my insides I'm not meant to be heavy. I went online researched everyone told me no till West Lake Hospital came up I called and the rest is history. I went in on a Monday in August and three weeks later I had my surgery... Scar tissue completely healed. What a mighty God we serve, I was nervous the nigh before so I prayed and God whispered trust me your stomach is ok and I just believed and was ok after that.. FYI MY NURSES NAME WAS JESUS AND I HAVE A ROSARY BEAD TATTOO AND SHE PRAYED ON IT...

WOW The irony of your nurses name and your tattoo. Well I am happy for your success. I have had surfery in the past for differernt things and I was nervous about this surgery the morning of, but I prayed about it because I felt as though I was making the right decision. I orginally wanted the lapband but my doctor advsed that the sleeve or full gastic would be a better option for me and choose to go with the sleeve. I read one of your other posts and it will get better how much you can drink and eat. I find that i can drink alot more Water at one time than I could a week ago and I am able to actually eat food. I had some tuna last week ( i wasnt supposed to but i did and i had no problem) I actually ate a whole can.

Please follow your weeks plans, you do not want to get a leak. Our new stomachs are like babies we have to introduce them to new things SLOWLY.... Take your time give your staple line time to heal.. you'll be just fine

Yes, He is mighty! I'm happy for you and I'm looking to have my surgery next month. Do you mind telling me your surgeons name?. I'm headed to Mexico myself. Also, how does the food plan work?

Hello' date=' my name is Tonika and I had my sleeve done September 26 2012. I originally had the lap band In 2003 and I was 374 pounds. I got down to 176 pounds nevertheless I started having problems with the band and I creeped back up to 288 pounds. I went In for a revision on my birthday January 26 2012, my liver and my stomach were merged together. The surgeon said he's good but not that good so once he freed the band and liver and stomach he aborted the revision. I woke up to disbelief he said I had too much scar tissue and would never be able to have any weight loss surgery again. I was depressed for 8 months till one day I said God please heal my insides I'm not meant to be heavy. I went online researched everyone told me no till West Lake Hospital came up I called and the rest is history. I went in on a Monday in August and three weeks later I had my surgery... Scar tissue completely healed. What a mighty God we serve, I was nervous the nigh before so I prayed and God whispered trust me your stomach is ok and I just believed and was ok after that.. FYI MY NURSES NAME WAS JESUS AND I HAVE A ROSARY BEAD TATTOO AND SHE PRAYED ON IT...[/quote']

Amazing story! Best wishes to you...

Hello my name is Tiifany

I am 30 years old. I had my sleeve gastroectomy on 9/17 to date i have lost 10 pds. I thought that it would be more than that by now.I had alot of pain the first day in the hospital it was horrible. I also developed a infection in my incensions but my doctor has me on antibotics and it seems to be getting better.

Best wishes! Hang in there, things will get better!

My doctor name is Dr. Tarquotti and he is here in Durham North Carolina. I have heard alot of good things about him from his colleagues and people in the medical industry have told me good things about him.