Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do You Think This Is Sleeve Dumping?

I had ordered a side of 2 scrambled eggs and a side of ham at Patty's Eggnest this morning. It certainly was not a lean cut of ham and was dripping with fat/oil.

I took a bite of egg and also two bites of ham, chewing in between each bite. Immediately after the ham bites, I didn't feel so good. The voices around me started to dim and sounded like far away. I started getting dizzy and got a bad case of needing to throw up both slime and food.

I spent most of the remainder of our Breakfast in the restroom wondering what happened. Remember it was only two bites of it. I also got a bad case of diarhea. 3 or 4 hours later now I am finally starting to feel better. Boy, my sleeve was pissed off this morning and took revenge on me this morning for whatever reason. This has not happened before in the last 3 months.

The experience disappointed me a little also because I was looking forward to eating there after shovelling 2 tons of manule compost this morning for the garden (zoo-doo as they call it). I worked up an appetite for some yummy eggs and Protein.

Needless to say, I am going to think twice before eating ham cooked that way again and probably won't eat at Patty's Eggnest again either. I also noticed that all their food tends to be undercooked a bit and they even use butter for making their eggs.

Is this sleeve dumping? Please let me know your thoughts.

The sleeve can't tolerate really fatty foods... this has happened to me twice and also after the 2nd bite.... learned my lesson the hard way :)

Note to self: avoid foods that appear fatty when they show up!. Thanks for sharing!

Sounds like dumping to me! Some will say with sleeve you cannot have dumping, but yes you can!! I really have to watch what I eat. If I can see the grease/fat/oil on it, I try to stay away from it. For me it takes a little more than 2 bites... well.. a little more time that is. I had a small piece of my fiance's steak one time, and it was very very greasy. I felt fine until we were waiting on the check. For me it lasts about 30-45 minutes, then I feel fine. I have not yet had the diarrhea after(knock on wood). I hope to never have that problem. My doctor's nurse said that eventually it gets a little better... but not by much.

Good luck!!

yeah today i had beef ribs for the 1st time. And about 30 minutes later I started to feel sick at my stomach. This is the first time something has bothered me

To me the greasy look to it would be the culprit. I'm only 10 days out, but have found that just the smell of things tend to turn my stomach such as french fries and fried chicken strips. I didn't eat it, but watched my husband. Just the smell started to piss my sleeve off. Hopefully that's a good indication that I won't be eating that stuff. I'm sorry you were so disappointed in something you were so looking forward to!

used butter

andycharris

you should always use butter - not margarine

but...........i don't remember why :o

a wise sleever can give the reason, then we'll both know ;)

andycharris

you should always use butter - not margarine

but...........i don't remember why :o

a wise sleever can give the reason, then we'll both know ;)

That used to be true but not so much any more. All margarines used to have transfats but now they are making some margarines without the transfats - like Smart Balance and some others too.

Note to self: avoid foods that appear fatty when they show up!. Thanks for sharing!

I think it's more likely to be the grease than the fat. I eat brisket quite often which isn't lean, but it isn't greasy either.

You are right absolutely right BTB.

There was definitely a lot of grease on the ham probably because they cooked it with other greasy meats or didn't clean the grill first. I thought about it briefly but the right alarms did not go off for me until it was too late.

We should be cautious and conscientious of how grease looks in prepared food as to not go through this horrid dumping experience again or ever

Fortunately i am normally very careful about keeping my sleeve in a happy state by eating at home where I know exactly what is going into my mouth.

A pissed off sleeve is not a fun experience. Imagine the talking orange on youtube with machine guns in a very bad mood...

I've using the heck out of my grill. Made some ribeyes and ham steaks this afternoon. On fact the coals are still hot. Kinda hard to make greasy food on the grill. In spite of what happened to you, ham steak and eggs sounds good for Breakfast in the morning.