Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A Mexican Mess!!!

Your absolutely right. I contacted them and when I looked at the number of slips and the hospital I had to go with Dr. Sanchez. It was a big hospital where I went and it's where the President of the U.S. goes if he needs a hospital while down there. I think the whole Mexico experience depends on who you choose. I said time and time again, I had a wonderful, wonderful experience and I went with Funny and she did too. So please, don't down Mexico but please, please, make sure of who you choose. I wished I could help her out some way. I feel so bad for her as it could be me or any of us. We all have to look out for each other. I mean this place is family for me.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

I completely agree-we are a family and we have to protect eachother. I am trying to find some more fill docs for Lindsay from Ortiz's staff today. That was my worst fear about going to Mexico was that I would get an infection or some sort of problem and that my doc would deny me care and shut me out. I feel blessed to have chosen a competent, excellent surgeon. I think it is important that these surgeon's names are mentioned to better warn potential patients of them. That is why I mentioned his name...

~liz~

What state are you in? I know you're waiting for insurance to kick in, but make sure you get tended to....Knowing where you live, might be easier for us to point you in the right direction!

Hope you are feeling better! Shawn

There are other alternatives as well. Some free-standing Radiology centers will do fills, even on bands that are not Inamed bands. It's worth a try to call and ask if they do fills for adjustable gastric bands.

Please, please, please, get thee to a doctor. As said, that infection can travel along the port to the band itself and cause you a world of trouble.

Please keep us updated. I hope you get this straightened out soon!

Lopez never did write me back regarding my slipped band. I finally got a note from his assistant. She said I could come back down for revision surgery and pay $4,000.00. RIGHT! Where will that money come from???? Hows about saying, "you know, I screwed up and I need to fix what I did. I will take responsibility." Ha!

On a side note.....I left there with all my records.

Karma is a bitch.

Christine

p.s without a fill....I am slowly putting on weight and feel scared and sad. If it weren't for Dr. Billy, I would be hopeless.

I think you should send a seriously threatening letter. What nerve! You probably don't have legal recourse. But what you DO have is the internet! Please post your experience everywhere you can, on every board you can! It is the best way to get justice. Other prospective bandsters will see your plight and he will lose business. The internet is a powerful thing!

I'm so sorry for what you've been through. This is a great place for support. Thanks for sharing your story. I'm sure with all the knowledge and resources here you will find a doctor who can help you.

:help:

He put me on 2 different antibiotics an pain meds. I've been taking them for over a week and feel no changes. The knot is still there, still draining, and still painful. So I'm fearful that this isn't going to work either.

One thing I want you to believe: The antibiotics may not work quickly in some cases, but they WILL reduce the infection if it the infection is bacterial. You may even have to do a second round of them, but know that the infection can be eliminated with antibiotics.

I am so sorry to hear of the rough time you've been having.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH. Honestly I didn't imagine this many people reading my story, much less taking the time to offer great advice and assistance. This board has made the world of difference on my emotional health anyways.

New developments: I contacted my patient coordinator to plead again for medical records. Again she claims that they are destroyed after 1 month and they are unable to provide me w/ anything. So... this might not be the smartest thing to do, but I advised them that I wouldn't be making any more payments. (I owe them a remainder of $2000 of in-house finance). Now, Andres Betancourt, the owner is threatening to sue me. He says that he will file suit in Cali and I will be forced to travel there for the trial. I think he was just saying this to scare me into paying. But I'm not going to bend. He can take me to court if he wishes. But no records = no more payments!!!!! He supposedly filed suit against me yesterday, so... we will see what happens.

On another note...I have been asked where I live several times and it's Ft.Worth, Tx. I plan to get on the phones and start calling around w/ some of the advice i've already received. But as always, If you have any additional info, I will GLADLY take it. :confused:

Again, I just want to thank you all so much for caring and understanding. I look forward to hopping on the computer each day after work to see all my replies ;)

He says that he will file suit in Cali and I will be forced to travel there for the trial. [/quote]

I'm no lawyer, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that you can file suit in the state/county where you reside (or do business), or the one where the offense occurred, but I don't think you can just pick a state and decide to file your suit there. Unless it's in federal court???

Any attorneys here?

*thinking of you*

what an ordeal. i am no lawyer and dont have any advice but i will be hoping these antibiotics do the trick. after you take them ALL please see your dr again to see if the infection is gone!

michelle

New developments: I contacted my patient coordinator to plead again for medical records. Again she claims that they are destroyed after 1 month and they are unable to provide me w/ anything. So... this might not be the smartest thing to do, but I advised them that I wouldn't be making any more payments. (I owe them a remainder of $2000 of in-house finance). Now, Andres Betancourt, the owner is threatening to sue me. He says that he will file suit in Cali and I will be forced to travel there for the trial. I think he was just saying this to scare me into paying. But I'm not going to bend. He can take me to court if he wishes. But no records = no more payments!!!!! He supposedly filed suit against me yesterday, so... we will see what happens.

Im thinking IF this goes to court ESPICALLY In the states they are goign to say " Ok let me see you kept the FINANCIAL Records but you didnt keep MEDICAL Records for your PATIENT " Hummmm .IF they have no medical record of you HOW Can they PROVE they did any procedure on You ? :faint: That might be something you bring up to them . If i were you I would consult an attorney . Alot of attorney's will offer a one hour free consult but it might be worth something to see if you should be worried. If anything maybe you can counter sue for medcial malpractice . There is a doc in San Antonio that takes MX band patients Dr Jorge Rincon , he's who im going to see. MAYBE If you establish with a doctor THAT DOCTOR can get your records ?? I dont know though . You might want to call Dr Rincon he deals with alot of MX Band PTS but usually in order for him to see you he wants you to have your medical records. He's very nice though , he might have some suggestions for you ?

I wish you luck and this will work out some how some way .

Mindy

he said that my port needed to be taken out and replaced the area cleaned well to make short I ened up losing my band due to erision BECAREFUL the infection can attack the band tubbing my infection was running up and down the tubing from port to band!!

Have them either your PCP or your Dr. in MX to check for a port infection, I do not mean to alarm you but an infection in your port can lead to the band eroding.As much as an inconvenience it may be to go to MX you need to cal lyour MX doc or go to MX and have them check it out. I know of more then one bandster who had port infections and the all have eroded.

My insurance will kick in w/in the next couple of mos which will be greatly helpful as far as the infection goes.

This is not something to wait until your insurance kicks in for.

This is serious, I wish you the best and hope you get back to ormal soon

Who was your Dr.???

My doctor was Dr. Lopez through Betancourt Medical. Unfortunately, they are no help due to the legal issue now. They are taking me to court, so that's the last place I can go for medical assistance. That's why I am attempting to find another dr that would be able to see me.

Funny.. these people seem like real bait and switch type of operation. Lots of promises up front with no follow up and rather shady treatment of their patients after they've received their money. Scary..