Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Months Post Op And I'm Eating Too Much....

I posted before that I lost 50 pounds and then these past 2 weeks I gained 2 pounds....no change in diet.... I waited for that to change, but it's stalling for the 3rd week now..... I'm 3 months post op today... and I woke up with a strange feeling....very hungry.....ate a lot today as before the operation..... I'm getting hungry every 2 hours..... I just ate a whole plate of Pasta, which if were a month ago I would have vomited instantly....I was actually waiting to see if I'm going to throw it up again, but I didn't....Oh God!!! I'm actually in tears right now.... don't know what to do :(((.... I'm actually playing this horrible scenario in my head over & over... that I'm going to gain all that weight back again...I was so happy with myself and kept bragging about my surgery & weight loss to people I knew and also to complete strangers..... I wish I hadn't done that... I jinxed myself.... I am so miserable right now.....has this happened to anybody???

You have to set yourself up for success, and positive thinking is a HUGE part of staying focused and committed. The first year after surgery is the time to buckle down and get your body burning off that fat. I am sure you have heard over and over that overloading carbs keeps the cravings active, and you need to turn off that craving.

Get your home, work place, whatever stocked with healthy food. Try and stay away from bread, crackers, Pasta, rice, potatoes and sugar.

I also get hungry every few hours, but I have Snacks that get me through. My latest between meal snack are some olives and a cheese stick, or perhaps a handfull of mixed nuts. If you eat solid Protein FIRST it will give you that sense of being full. If you eat soft foods, you may not get that sense of fullness as quickly. If you need to, have a big cup of low fat Soup before dinner, wait the 2 hours and have dinner.< /p>

I am a slow loser, but I am losing. I am not perfect and sometimes I do slip up, but I always go back to my healthy eating, a nice salad at lunch with grilled chicken and low fat dressing is a good choice. A grilled piece of meat or poultry or fish with a veggie for dinner is a no brainer, cottage cheese with fruit or yogurt, or a Protein Bar for Breakfast will give you the Protein you need without all the calories and carbs.

You can do this. You are leaning toward self sabotage and you have to nip it in the bud before you un-do the great weight loss you've had so far. Make up your mind, and take control.

Good Luck. I was not trying to sound harsh, but sometimes we all need a dose of reality.

Katie is absolutely correct. This is the time to take full advantage of your sleeve. Eat Protein, protein, and more protein in small portion sizes. For the first 6 months, I barely ate anything but protein. Then I added veggies and some starches at the end. In fact focus on getting in more Water now in between meals to flush out your body. You can do this, it's not too late. :)

I can only agree with the two previous posts. If Pasta (or other starches) are a temptation to you, GET THEM OUT OF THE HOUSE!!! I'm also 3 months post-op, and eat nothing but Protein, and a few bites of non-starchy veggies, once or twice a day. When I find myself craving "bad" things I have a long, hard conversation with myself, remind myself of all the reasons I made the decision to have surgery, and find a high-protein, low-carb snack, instead. I also highly recommend reading "The End of Overeating"...a great book that explains why we crave the things we crave. The best thing you can do is to resist those temptations...as difficult as it may be (trust me...I know its difficult). If you read the book you'll understand that they are a result of your brain's chemistry being manipulated by the food manufacturers....that understanding helped make it easier for me to make better choices.

I wish you great success!

The sleeve is just a tool. Eating too much of the wrong things will land u right back to where u were. Get it together get back to basics you can do this!!! :)

Thanks all for the great support.... and yes I will have to force myself back on track.... I feel better now...... I actually ate Pasta as an experiment today... I usually don't eat it anymore after my sleeve cause it comes right back up... but today it didn't.... maybe because I was extra hungry.... I don't know if it's the weather getting a bit chilly where I live ( and I tend to get really hungry when I'm cold.... one of my problems).... and i do have some days when I can't get in half my meal.... I hope it's something that'll pass...

I love going into Italian restrants and ordering a meatball sandwich without the bread. They will bring a plate with 3 giant meatballs and some cheese covered with marinara sauce. I can maybe get about 1/2 of a meatball down and then I'm totally full. So delicious. I don't even miss pasta's at all.

Teddy Bear was it head hunger that drove you to eating Pasta? Now would be a good time to identify head hunger to not get caught up in it. :)

I really don't know what it was yesterday....but it happens once or twice a month.... guess near PMS.... but I'm back to normal today.... but I'm gonna try to focus on Protein from now on.... I got a problem with getting chicken & meat down.... but I focused more on milk, cheese & eggs..... snacked on dates.... the crunchy ones, don't know if you have these..... I always drink coffee with skimmed powder milk & fructose instead of sugar....hate splenda.... cook my food with olive oil only.... I hope I get back on track.... I don't mind stalling, cause it happened before, but I get terrified of weight gain....

You have to set yourself up for success' date=' and positive thinking is a HUGE part of staying focused and committed. The first year after surgery is the time to buckle down and get your body burning off that fat. I am sure you have heard over and over that overloading carbs keeps the cravings active, and you need to turn off that craving.

Get your home, work place, whatever stocked with healthy food. Try and stay away from bread, crackers, Pasta, rice, potatoes and sugar.

I also get hungry every few hours, but I have Snacks that get me through. My latest between meal snack are some olives and a cheese stick, or perhaps a handfull of mixed nuts. If you eat solid Protein FIRST it will give you that sense of being full. If you eat soft foods, you may not get that sense of fullness as quickly. If you need to, have a big cup of low fat Soup before dinner, wait the 2 hours and have dinner.< /p>

I am a slow loser, but I am losing. I am not perfect and sometimes I do slip up, but I always go back to my healthy eating, a nice salad at lunch with grilled chicken and low fat dressing is a good choice. A grilled piece of meat or poultry or fish with a veggie for dinner is a no brainer, cottage cheese with fruit or yogurt, or a Protein Bar for Breakfast will give you the Protein you need without all the calories and carbs.

You can do this. You are leaning toward self sabotage and you have to nip it in the bud before you un-do the great weight loss you've had so far. Make up your mind, and take control.

Good Luck. I was not trying to sound harsh, but sometimes we all need a dose of reality.[/quote']

Perfectly said. You got this down to a science. You are so right... It is a mental thing...

I have been in the same boat and feeling really bad about it. I definitely needed to hear this too. Gotta get back in the game and stay motivated. This is only a tool, and although an excellent tool, we are the ones controlling it and we need to do so properly in order to succeed. :) This is really hard work, and I still have a long way to go, so it almost seems like there really isn't a light at the end of the tunnel. It was easy for me to feel like I would never get there and just get comfortable where I'm at now. I've been having quite a bit of Hair loss, which also scared me into eating more.

missmachine...I had to increase my calories a bit as I think I got into starvation mode or something, and it helped me break a long stall, and trying to eat more veggies/good fats (salmon/avocado/nuts) a bit more Protein and I am also taking 4,000 mgs of Biotin to help with the Hair loss. I also added fruit at least once a day, hoping that having better nutrition will help somewhat and give me more energy. It is harder and harder to lose weight getting closer to goal, but giving up is not an option for me, I love feeling healthier!!