Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Poll - Democrat or Republican?

What Political Party Do You Vote For?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What Political Party Do You Vote For?

• Democrat
    • Republican
    • Independent
    • I Don't Vote

Hey Lowbmier

You are Democrat, acceptance friend. If you are christian in your heart, how do you justify supporting Muslim of any color. My gmother is yellow dog dem and strong Christian deeply opposing Reps and may not vote as she is conflicted, my heart is with her. If Reps. put up Muslim, buddhist, atheist, I would vote Democratic(if christian). I have brain, prayer, and Bible and follow lead. No party would sell me a "church going muslim" as in this case (or any other).

Hey Lowbmier

You are Democrat, acceptance friend. If you are christian in your heart, how do you justify supporting Muslim of any color. My gmother is yellow dog dem and strong Christian deeply opposing Reps and may not vote as she is conflicted, my heart is with her. If Reps. put up Muslim, buddhist, atheist, I would vote Democratic(if christian). I have brain, prayer, and Bible and follow lead. No party would sell me a "church going muslim" as in this case (or any other).

What are you talking about? I don't understand.

She thinks that Obama is a Muslim because his middle name is Hussein. That is like thinking that I am christian because I was baptized. (I am an atheist.) Pretty low level thinking.

So calling him "Stumpy Arms" is just a description of him, huh?

Would you use that same language to describe somebody who you DO like? A troop that just came home from war with an amputated limb, would you say, Hey, Stumpy Arms, welcome home!! You know it is a disparaging comment against him personally yet you try to pass it off as a mere "description". PLEASE, at least call it for what it is.

By the way, he does not have stumps for arms, so your DESCRIPTION of him is incorrect. He simply may not have full range of motion.

Hey Lowbmier

Wow, you are waaaay out there. I'm not in line with anything you've just stated.:cursing:

She thinks that Obama is a Muslim because his middle name is Hussein. That is like thinking that I am christian because I was baptized. (I am an atheist.) Pretty low level thinking.

That is an incredible gift you have, the ability to read minds! Tell me, what am I thinking?

So calling him "Stumpy Arms" is just a description of him, huh?

Would you use that same language to describe somebody who you DO like? A troop that just came home from war with an amputated limb, would you say, Hey, Stumpy Arms, welcome home!! You know it is a disparaging comment against him personally yet you try to pass it off as a mere "description". PLEASE, at least call it for what it is.

By the way, he does not have stumps for arms, so your DESCRIPTION of him is incorrect. He simply may not have full range of motion.

Ok, enough with the conversations on the stumpy arms issue. I will still use it to describe him so you’re beating a dead horse. I understand you are upset with it and I get it. We all have our thoughts about the candidates and we know we have real issues of concern. Can we move on to more substantive issues please?:cursing:

How is calling Obama out on his differences racism. He is a black man running for President. Are you saying the fact that he is black and someone saying he is black is racist? My description of McCain is just that, a description of his physical characteristics. If you feel it is name calling that is your right to feel what you feel. You might just have to work through getting past that or not.

Whatever you say, fatso.

And before anyone "reports" me or gets down on me for calling someone "fatso" on this board, I am doing it to make a point. Lowbmier is claiming that calling someone out on their physical characteristics is perfectly acceptable. But those of us with weight issues should be particularly sensitive to this matter, and my hope is that hearing anyone here called "fatso" will bring the issue home to roost.

Whatever you say, fatso.

What? Are you kidding me. Wow, I always thought you weren't wrapped to tight when I read your prior posts on other threads, but after that comment I am that completly conviced that you aren't wrapped to tight.

Edited by Lowbmier

What? Are you kidding me. Wow, I always thought you weren't wrapped to tight when I read your posts back before I even started posting, but now I'm convinced.

Q.E.D. I guess I made my point.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!

:)

EXACTLY!!

Thank you Gadget, you said exactly what I was thinking!!!

Glad I could make you laugh. Actually, I should credit my wonderful husband. I was getting all intellectual on the issue and he pointed out the obvious and incredible dichotomy of someone on a lap band board calling someone else names because of their physical issues.

Do you think she got it? I'm still not sure.

Well I'd say this thread has hit an all time low, but I can remember others where the conservatives and the liberals were at odds and it got even more out of hand than this one.

But I am really surprised, shocked really, that anyone in America still thinks that Senator Barack Obama is a Muslim! If you think that, what are your sources? Are you deaf, blind and stupid? Or just so blinded by bias that you can't accept the truth about Senator Obama? So afraid that maybe he'll raise taxes, or that a man of some color will inhabit the White House?

I promise you that if anyone tells you that they will not raise taxes when they get in the White House, they are lying. McCain will raise taxes, he's just not honest enough to admit to what extent he's going to have to do it. There's no other way out of this mess right now. Perhaps in the future taxes can be lowered again, but right now, we have to pay (big time) for what this Republican president has done while in office.

For the person who kept asking what the Democratic agenda is. We could list it for you, easily. But why bother? I'm not convinced that you know the real Republican agenda - real because they prove it time after time though - not real because of what they promise they'll do.

For anyone who calls Senator Obama "scary" I say they are ignorant. Ignorant of the facts and swayed by the trash they probably read on the 'net or perhaps they are listening to Rush, as someone admitted earlier. In fact, I am surprised that anyone admits to listening to that bald faced liar.

But then I am surprised that anyone can want another 4 years of what we've had for the past 8. Republicans have sold us all down the river and our current economic situation has thrown a huge spotlight on that fact. They've sold our military down the river by thrusting them into a hideous war that has taken thousands of American military lives and has not seriously accomplished anything long term for that country, except for the bombed out condition that Iraq is in now and except for all the killed relatives they mourn. Oh yes, do you know what the monetary cost of the surge (that McCain touts as being so great), is costing us American taxpayers? Do you know how much money we're giving the government in Iraq?

To continue... Republicans sold the taxpayers down the river because they promised less government and what they've delivered is MORE government. They've helped themselves become richer by their open, hands-off policies... their "trickle down" theory of economics, and unless you are one of those fat cats, you're crazy for voting them back in office.

My guess is all this boils down to one big issue for many right wing conservatives: getting Roe v. Wade overturned. That's why you're thrilled with Sarah Palin and that's why you'll take the rotten bastards back after they've done such dispicable things to our country. Your Christian rightness screams out for what you believe is fair to the unborn children and nothing else matters much to you. The way some people have been endoctrinated by their church leaders and perhaps their parents and their Bible is what's scary in this country because it has led you to believe that it is your right - even your mission - to tell other Americans how to think, believe and worship.

If you are one Christian who doesn't understand the reason for separation of church and state, then you need to get smart and stop behaving as the little sheep spoken of in the Bible.