Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whey Liquid Protein Shots - Which Are Best

I recently bought the Profect brand, Blue Raseberry Swirl on Amazon. But I hate the aftertaste, almost unbearable.

Here is the ingredient list for New Whey:

Ingredients:Pure Carbon Filtered Water. Complete Protein Matrix (IDS Proprietary Blend of collagen Protein Isolate, whey Protein Isolate and Casein Protein Isolate), Natural and Artificial Flavors, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose, Red 40 and Blue 1.

Proprietary blends ... gotta love that. Needless to say, stay away, sleevers.

They will say "Whey" in the name and contain something like 5% Whey Protein and the rest is casien' date=' which is fine for body builders, not sleevers who need absorption a little quicker than what casien provides.[/quote']

What about bodybuilding sleevers ? I assumed , because the casein Protein uptake was slower it was a better option for bedtime. I am really trying to stop losing and put some muscle on. I try to eat my protein but I'm needing to supplement once or twice a day.

post-25204-13813660103014_thumb.jpg

And Profect:

Ingredients

Pure Deionized Water , Actinase (31.5%) , (Enzymatically Hydrolyzed Collagenic Protein Isolate (Predigested) , Enzymatically Hydrolyzed Collagenic Protein Isolate (Predigested) , Whey Protein Isolate (Milk) , Casein Protein Isolate (Milk) , Casein Protein Isolate (Milk)) , Less than 2.0% of: Amino Acids , (Tyrosine , Leucine , Lysine , Isoleucine , Tryptophan , Threonine , Methionine , Valine) , Malic Acid , Vitamins , (Ascorbic Acid © , Niacin (B3) , Pantothenic Acid (B5) , Pyridoxine (B6) , Riboflavin (B2) , Thiamin (B1) , Folic Acid , Biotin , Cobalamin (B12)) , Natural Flavors , Sodium Bicarbonate , Acesulfame-Potassium , Sucralose , Red 40 , Blue 1

Not for me, either.

What about bodybuilding sleevers ? I assumed ' date=' because the casein Protein uptake was slower it was a better option for bedtime. I am really trying to stop losing and put some muscle on. I try to eat my Protein but I'm needing to supplement once or twice a day.[/quote']

Have you looked into some of the weight gain protein powders for bodybuilders? A little bit more volume than the Protein Shots but not by much. There are some good ones out there. I just think the quality of these shots is suspect.

What about bodybuilding sleevers ? I assumed , because the casein Protein uptake was slower it was a better option for bedtime. I am really trying to stop losing and put some muscle on. I try to eat my Protein but I'm needing to supplement once or twice a day.

What we're talking about is mainly for the early sleevers, not those in maintenance mode. Those looking to just make quota because they are not able to get in enough through foods.

Body building and other applications need to assess their own needs, for sure, and use the best protein applicable.

What we're talking about is mainly for the early sleevers' date=' not those in maintenance mode. Those looking to just make quota because they are not able to get in enough through foods.

Body building and other applications need to assess their own needs, for sure, and use the best Protein applicable.[/quote']

I m no bodybuilder I included a pic so were clear there. I wasn't picking at your answer if it seemed so , I'm sorry . I was really asking because I know you are really active and informed.

Have you looked into some of the weight gain Protein powders for bodybuilders? A little bit more volume than the Protein Shots but not by much. There are some good ones out there. I just think the quality of these shots is suspect.

I think they are junk too!

Really they are garbage for body builders also. Protein is scored on digestibility using the PDCAAS or the PER.

The PDCAAS scores Protein from 0.0 - 1.0. whey protein being the best scores 1.0, collagen/gelatin score 0.086.

Collagen/gelatin are so bad that they can't even be measured on the PER scale.

To my knowlage the only protein shot on the market that is made exclusively with high quality whey is named "Yes Whey" and is distributed by Bariatric Choice.

I m no bodybuilder I included a pic so were clear there. I wasn't picking at your answer if it seemed so ' date=' I'm sorry . I was really asking because I know you are really active and informed.[/quote']

Nah, you were fine. Looking at your picture, well, it looked like you were looking pretty fit, there. Had some lean muscle going and I could easily see where you were going with taking the next step towards bodybuilding.

If I were on that path, I would add casein Protein late for the slow release affect to ensure my body did have a ready supply at the asking. I'm not there myself, yet as I am still exploring the whole running/endurance thing. Maybe after I compete in my first ironman I may look at building muscle, but being leaner is working for me now.

And yeah, collagen Protein ... Isn't that for like the really buff dudes who do shows and whatnot? Doesnt really absorb so much or something? Can't remember what and too lazy to Google it.

Thanks ,I have destroyed both hips and one knee carrying my old self around ,so big for so long, so the running is out for me for now, I can't pedal a bike, yet ,but my ortho says he has a guy with two riding well over 100 miles a month, I'm scheduled for first hip in October , just trying to do what I can. Thanks for your help !!

Thanks ' date='I have destroyed both hips and one knee carrying my old self around ,so big for so long, so the running is out for me for now, I can't pedal a bike, yet ,but my ortho says he has a guy with two riding well over 100 miles a month, I'm scheduled for first hip in October , just trying to do what I can. Thanks for your help !![/quote']

Do you have a place where you can swim? I can see your head on a Michael Phelps type body.

What about the beef Protein shot? I think the name is carnivore. I bought it at GNC.

Look at the ingredients. If it says collagen or Gelatin then it's useless.