Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

@mommeof3: You are not alone in your feelings. How far out are you? I am 8 days post-op today and OMG there have been SO many tears this past week. I can't even tell you the number of times that I have literally said "I would rather be fat and happy then have to deal with this." I just keep relying on the (hopefully correct) knowledge that each week will bring improvement in our symptoms. I keep telling myself that everything has to probably still be swollen inside of there and once it heals things will be better. My doc said I would feel like crud for 3-4 days however it was much longer than that. But I will add that a staff member in his office who had the sleeve 2 years ago said that it will be at least 3 weeks. I believe her more than him at this point since she has actually gone through the surgery herself. I posted an update earlier today and said that I have been 100% regretful of having this surgery up until today and now it's backed down to about 90%. Hopefully by next week it will be better. I started a Protein Shake at oh 9:30am and still at 12:45pm I have not been able to get it all down. I am bloated and miserable. Trying to drink Water too but it ain't working too well today either. Oh, and I have had reflux from my hiatal hernia for years. They fixed my hernia while in surgery but you know I still have had reflux since the surgery. Yeah, wondering about that too. Anyway, hang in there! Try to stay positive. I know I have been saying LOTS of prayers this week!

I had my surgery on Sept 17. I am praying that this is going to get better. I am usually up and about but I don't even have the strength to clean my own house. Thank God my husband is keeping up with things while i am down (well at least doing the best that he can). It is even a task to help my kids with their homework. I knew that I was not going to be 100% after the surgery but I certainly did not think that i was going to be functioning at 10% either. Maybe it is just a stage that will soon pass. I know that everyone experience is different but i feel like i got the bad end of the stick.

Last night I regretted this sleeve, I mean I hated it. I ate 1/4 cup refried Beans mixed with 3 cheese cubes(melted) and a dollop of sour cream, it went down so good I thought okay I can do this. Well this morning around 2:30am I was awaken by a painful feeling in my chest. "What the hell is wrong with me I thought"? I sat up in bed, grabbed my computer and started researching (through the tears that is) the sleeve symptoms. My husband works 3rd shift so he was not home for me to lean on. Anyway I found out that I was having heartburn. Well wait on damn minute "I have never had heartburn a day in my life". What have I done to myself? Did I change one problem and cause another? I am just so confused and hurt. I don't want to eat anymore food for fear of the heartburn because i can't be up all hours of the night with 3 children. I am just so sad about this I don't want to live with this for the rest of my life(No other choice now). And the way that it felt I think that I would rather be "FAT" for the rest of my life. I hope that things are going to get better and I can look back on this and say "Why were you acting so babyish'? Sigh.....

Just confused and venting............

Don't worry, I don't think it's going to continue like this for you. Today is my 3 week anniversary. They fixed a hernia for me too. Since they fixed it, I haven't taken any heartburn/reflux medicine, and I've been on that stuff for at least 7 years. I think your insides are just re-adjusting. The first food I ate was scrambled eggs and I really didn't like the way I felt after eating them a week and a half ago, but now, I feel much better, food goes down much better. I still have to be careful not to eat too fast and too much. 1 bite is the difference between fine and very uncomfortable and I really need to learn when that is. I think every day will bring us something different to deal with until our stomachs are healed and we are much further out than this. I have more energy this week than last. I actually walked almost a mile last night for the first time, and I have more energy at work. Hang in there with the baby steps and take Mylanta if the heartburn keeps up.

I had my surgery on Sept 17. I am praying that this is going to get better. I am usually up and about but I don't even have the strength to clean my own house. Thank God my husband is keeping up with things while i am down (well at least doing the best that he can). It is even a task to help my kids with their homework. I knew that I was not going to be 100% after the surgery but I certainly did not think that i was going to be functioning at 10% either. Maybe it is just a stage that will soon pass. I know that everyone experience is different but i feel like i got the bad end of the stick.

mdm i will wait for you after my visit so we can meet. my name is judy by the way

msdrea take it easy remember your tummy is healing dont rush the food so quickly think of your staples and the new tummy give it another week. you dont want to ruin your new tummy right.

guys you werent happy fat if you were you wouldnt of got the surgery. stop beating yourself up we are not even a month out and we are so hard on ourselves. we have to take it slow and be patient. i have no pateints at all so this is really hard. but we did it. as far as the weight the normal weight loss should be 1-2lbs per week we dontwant to lose it that fast. lets take our time and support each other through this we are not alone. i to get frustrated everyday i want to be thin right now lol. but be honest with yourself were you really happy fat?

Thank you guys so much for the encouragement.

@newgrandmother you are right I had the surgery because I was tired of being fat. I just had to vent and get it out. I just hate the unknown I am praying that it is going to get better (well I know it will)

@hopeful loser thanks for giving me the visual seeing how you are improving makes me feel a lot better

Last night I regretted this sleeve' date=' I mean I hated it. I ate 1/4 cup refried Beans mixed with 3 cheese cubes(melted) and a dollop of sour cream, it went down so good I thought okay I can do this. Well this morning around 2:30am I was awaken by a painful feeling in my chest. "What the hell is wrong with me I thought"? I sat up in bed, grabbed my computer and started researching (through the tears that is) the sleeve symptoms. My husband works 3rd shift so he was not home for me to lean on. Anyway I found out that I was having heartburn. Well wait on damn minute "I have never had heartburn a day in my life". What have I done to myself? Did I change one problem and cause another? I am just so confused and hurt. I don't want to eat anymore food for fear of the heartburn because i can't be up all hours of the night with 3 children. I am just so sad about this I don't want to live with this for the rest of my life(No other choice now). And the way that it felt I think that I would rather be "FAT" for the rest of my life. I hope that things are going to get better and I can look back on this and say "Why were you acting so babyish'? Sigh.....

Just confused and venting............[/quote']

Trust me I feel your pain, I have regretted it many days since having it on 9/12... I have had the same emotions that you have had... I pray it gets better for all who feel like this... Ik all you want is to be able to eat normal & not have any weird side effects... I can eat soft foods now but the weird stuck like feeling it has when it goes down has me not wanting to eat so trust me ik where come'n from... Sometimes I wish there was a reversal process or maybe even that they only took 1/2 our stomach not 80% of it...

We will get past these feelings though, just know your not alone in this, although all of here are in different places we are still here for each other from a distance....

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Hi. I am 6days post surgery and I have gone through the regrets, needing to chew something. Even a silly graham cracker. I can't stand the smell and taste of crystal light any more. And if I smell another strawberry Protein Shake I will gag. I cried last night wondering what the hell I did to myself. I had the chunky feel when I was swallowing. Thank God not any more. I know I am not getting enough Water and Protein. But it has been so hard to get anything down. This forum is so helpful. Reading through everyone's struggles and triumphs knowing there will be a light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck new friends

Hi. I am 6days post surgery and I have gone through the regrets' date=' needing to chew something. Even a silly graham cracker. I can't stand the smell and taste of crystal light any more. And if I smell another strawberry Protein shake I will gag. I cried last night wondering what the hell I did to myself. I had the chunky feel when I was swallowing. Thank God not any more. I know I am not getting enough Water and Protein. But it has been so hard to get anything down. This forum is so helpful. Reading through everyone's struggles and triumphs knowing there will be a light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck new friends[/quote']

Same to you, I pray that stuck feeling for me goes away soon-I think if I wasn't dealing w/ that I would be better... I still have left side pain but I'll survive..,

Ready : it will go away. Are u in Dallas? Who was ur surgeon?

Ready : it will go away. Are u in Dallas? Who was ur surgeon?

I hope so soon, I also had a hiatal hernia repair... Yes I'm in far north Dallas & I had my surgery @ Baylor Carrollton w/ Dr Frank Veninga on 9/12... Where you located??

Im 15 days out and doing great. Pains here and there but ok. Getting my Protein and liquids in ok. Lost 11 pds since surgery and 9.5 inches since i measured in late aug. So happy but worried about going back to work oct 8 and eating at work. Guess it will take alot of planning on my part

Hello Everyone, I am 13 days post op, down 34 pounds. I'm feeling much better, I don't have much pain at all. I decided to hv sex with hubby, well it was great and well over due, two wks almost. I was so worried I would e in so much pain but so happy it wasn't that type of pain. Has anyone experienced the opposite and do you all that that was too soon?

I hope so soon, I also had a hiatal hernia repair... Yes I'm in far north Dallas & I had my surgery @ Baylor Carrollton w/ Dr Frank Veninga on 9/12... Where you located??

I used to live in Carrollton and used to work at Baylor Carrollton when it was Trinity Med Ctr. I remember that name Dr. Veninga. At least it sounds familiar. Now I am in Houston....

Also live far north dallas in princeton

I used to live in Carrollton and used to work at Baylor Carrollton when it was Trinity Med Ctr. I remember that name Dr. Veninga. At least it sounds familiar. Now I am in Houston....

Oh ok cool... Yes I like this area... Yep he is a great Dr & his staff is great also... Funny I lived in Houston summer of 2006 before I changed & came to Dallas...