Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NSV I look forward to, anyone else with me?

So since I decided on the band, and have a while to wait (december), I find myself thinking about the NSV's I can't wait to post. It's been really motivating thus far, had an odd one today that never occurred to me, wonder if any of you have the same experience.

Anyone dread getting their hair cut?

1. Worrying when the lady tries to pump the chair up to her level, that the pneumatics might just fail, or worse the chair will give up with an exhausted psssssssssssssssssssssssh.:) I usually put my feet on the floor and push to give it a little help!

2. Being forced to sit in a chair facing a mirror for twenty minutes, don't know about the rest of you, I like looking in the mirror standing up, but sitting there two feet from it nonstop under a big black tarp, just brings up memories of that girl who turns into a giant blueberry in Willy Wonka!

I look forward to getting a haircut, a pretty normal thing, without worrying about the chair working or having to face the willy wonka blueberry. It will be so great to actually see a healthy person looking back at me:clap2: .

Yes...And to be able to wear the smock thing. I usually wear an old sweatshirt and say that I don't want the robe because I get too cold.

I've never had the fear of the chair at the hairdresser, but my office chair is another story. I'm constantly having to set it up higher because it slowly sinks after I've been sitting in it. And it squeeks when I have to roll it away from my desk. All I think of is everyone knows I'm moving around my desk again. Also, I don't like being in front of any mirrors for anything.

Yep, I definitely identify with that one. I didn't get a haircut for about a year because I didn't want to sit in the chair/look in the mirror. Now I get them religiously every 6-8 weeks. I'm so glad that fear is behind me, among others.

Congratulations on your decision to get banded, Laphappy.

Yeah, chairs in general scare me! I have a fear in sitting in one and not being able to get out!!!

Ironically, my surgeon has the small armchairs in the waiting room. I'm so squished in them. Of course, I called him on it. He said he never realized they were small. (He's 150 soaking wet!!)

I never thought of the salon chair not pumping up. Great thanks...I'm getting my roots done next week. :confused:

Most of my NSV's have happened...I have 30 to go to goal. However, AND NOT THAT I NEED OR DESIRE TO, I would like to have my tummy, apron, abdomen, whatever you want to call it.....get smaller so that I can actually look down and see my hootchie (as Carlene likes to call it). Don't know why....I think because if I could see my hootchie (LOL) I would know for sure that I have reached great weight loss success!

OMG.....I am laughing so hard at myself....I have to go before I pee my pants.

Carol

Carol, I am cracking up at the image of you standing there trying to see your hootchie over your apron! LOL! I needed that today.:omg:

I fly alot....so mine is to be able to sit in an airplane seat with room to spare and have to tighten the seatbelt because it's too big!:clap2:

Most of my NSV's have happened...I have 30 to go to goal. However, AND NOT THAT I NEED OR DESIRE TO, I would like to have my tummy, apron, abdomen, whatever you want to call it.....get smaller so that I can actually look down and see my hootchie (as Carlene likes to call it). Don't know why....I think because if I could see my hootchie (LOL) I would know for sure that I have reached great weight loss success!

OMG.....I am laughing so hard at myself....I have to go before I pee my pants.

Carol

Carol...I had to laugh because I was just telling one of my friends that I need to go for a "wax" and she asked why I don't do it myself. I answered her "Because I can't see what I'm doing down there!!!"

Now there's a weird NSV...the day I can wax my own bikini area!!! LOL!!! thanks for the chuckle!!

I have a deadly fear of chairs myself. It's the first thing I inspect when I go into a new place.

When I went to the dentist the other day, the treatment chair wobbled when I sat down. I was afraid it was going to fall off the pedastol. I sat VERY, VERY still and survived.

Dr. Spivak has nice roomy (almost like loveseat) sized chairs. I love him!

This is so fun! LOL

THE CHAIR: My NEW hairdresser looked at me and pumped the damn chair up BEFORE I got into it and I had to climb onto it like a toddler climbing into a high chair. AND I'm 45 pounds lighter. I wonder what she'd have done 5 months ago. She was a skinny thing, about size 5, and the haircut was awesome.

ELEVATORS & Planes: I step so lightly into an elevator so the don’t drop a few inches and then I tense up as the door closes as I am certain they just won’t be able to lift off with me in them. The same with airplanes, I am sure they tilt on my side of the plane, due to me of course. A long time ago in real small planes they’d ask me what I weighted before I got on so they could balance out the plane so my fear isn’t that far fear and aversion is bases on a real experience.

OTHER NSV: Fearing the booth at a restaurant where I may be able to get into it, but I'm all squished up and my boobs hang over on the table and there is no room for a plate. It was so embarrassing.

Not being the heaviest person in the room. That one just happened and it was weird!!! I wasn't sure what to do with the loss of that special distinction! I felt really odd.

And like I said in my signature, pants with a ZIPPER!