Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello All! Has anyone had the sleeve and then decided to get the bypass???? I've been seriously considering it or if anyone knows of any other options, please share. I was sleeved on 06/29/10 and at first I lost 102 pounds and I looked great...but now I've gained almost 40 pounds!!! And I'm feeling almost as depressed as I was at 335 pounds in 2010. Any suggestions would be great!!!

Hi

A few issues with that is that with only 40 pounds to lose no dr should revise you.

Sencond thing is this,and this is a reality that I just started realizing for myself.There is no weight loss surgery on earth (well the Duodenal switch maybe) that will keep the weight off without our cooperation and input.That is something we have to make peace with and start cooperating.

Normal people gain en lose weight very often.We wanted to be normal,now we are.But there is work to do as a normal weight person as well.

You still have your sleeve.Work it like you did before.Start somewhere.Begin to eat 4oz of Proteins before you touch anything else,Breakfast,lunch and dinner.

See what happens!You might be very very pleasantly surprized.

I am rooting for you to sort this out without new surgery and without first needing to gain another 40 to be able to get a revision.

Good luck and let us know how you do.

from what i've read, gastric bypass effects are temporary.. you have the malabsorption for the first 2 years & then it's back to normal..... then what?

you just gotta eat right & exercise.

Hello All! Has anyone had the sleeve and then decided to get the bypass???? I've been seriously considering it or if anyone knows of any other options' date=' please share. I was sleeved on 06/29/10 and at first I lost 102 pounds and I looked great...but now I've gained almost 40 pounds!!! And I'm feeling almost as depressed as I was at 335 pounds in 2010. Any suggestions would be great!!![/quote']

Hello my name is Ereka and I currently have the lap band which never worked for me, I am looking to get sleeved but I am worried don't want to be disappointed again

I will join the chorus thus far. 40 pounds does not a failure make. Lose it, you can do it. Back to basics: Protein, Water, Vitamins, exercise, train your brain.

I would look into having a DS, I have a friend that is having this done in a few weeks, She was sleeved 18 months ago and still has 80-120lbs to lose.

I would look into having a DS, I have a friend that is having this done in a few weeks, She was sleeved 18 months ago and still has 80-120lbs to lose.

Hey...what is a DS?

Hi

A few issues with that is that with only 40 pounds to lose no dr should revise you.

Sencond thing is this,and this is a reality that I just started realizing for myself.There is no weight loss surgery on earth (well the Duodenal switch maybe) that will keep the weight off without our cooperation and input.That is something we have to make peace with and start cooperating.

Normal people gain en lose weight very often.We wanted to be normal,now we are.But there is work to do as a normal weight person as well.

You still have your sleeve.Work it like you did before.Start somewhere.Begin to eat 4oz of Proteins before you touch anything else,breakfast,lunch and dinner.

See what happens!You might be very very pleasantly surprized.

I am rooting for you to sort this out without new surgery and without first needing to gain another 40 to be able to get a revision.

Good luck and let us know how you do.

Thank you! And it's funny, because deeply I know what you said is the BEST thing to do...just get back to the basics. I think I need to work on mental...once I get that together...I should be okay. Thank you!

the 2nd step for some sleevers- called the Duodenal Switch

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duodenal_switch

Hello my name is Ereka and I currently have the lap band which never worked for me, I am looking to get sleeved but I am worried don't want to be disappointed again

Ereka...don't get me wrong. I think getting sleeved was a very good decision. I do NOT regret it at all. I'm more disappointed with myself, because all of the discipline and determination I had in 2010 has somewhat been taken over with other issues in my life and I have not remained strong. So just make sure with ANY surgery that you mentality is together. I'm a firm believer that if you are not ready to change before the surgery, then it's going to be extremely hard to change afterwards. I lost 105 pounds at the most...I've gained 40 pounds...as the others were saying that's not as bad as I think. I just have to get my discipline and determination back. I wish you all the luck and blessings.

the 2nd step for some sleevers- called the Duodenal Switch

http://en.wikipedia....Duodenal_switch

Wow! Thanks...I'm going to read this. :)

The ds isn't performed as a primary operation in Australia anymore, that's the original reason I started looking at "just" the sleeve. I know now that the ds would probably just have allowed me to keep holding on to bad habits but still get that weightloss honeymoon of all wls's... I sometimes wish I could do it without the surgery at all, but obviously that hasn't really worked out so cool- but I think going in for another surgery such as the ds or bypass after my sleeve would be a big sign that I had not got my mind right... And as mentioned above: where would I go after that?

Before considering another surgery I would highly recommend visiting a nut again and maybe even a therapist to help with confidence and motivation!

If you can do it I know I can have hope for myself!!! Good luck and safe travels!!!

Wow! Thanks...I'm going to read this. :)

if you go that route, you'll have to take Vitamins and supplements the rest of your life. if you don't, you will die. you also have to have you blood tested constantly.. it's a pain in the rear.

surgery may not be the answer.. you need to get your head right... like someone else said.. once you do that, what if it doesn't work?.. where would you go from there?

You have gotten more valuable responses here Than you can Pay for in therapy!!! I agree your not a failure- you need to step back and be sure your doing the basics-- it will surprise you ! Your brain has convinced you otherwise--- when you follow a pre-op liquid prep or similar restriction for a few days it opens your eyes to the bad habits that have crept in! Life keeps you busy and ot focused. My spouse is a bypass- who doesn't follow - and is fat--- no one can do the mIracle of wt loss but you !! There is no secret. Get bac to basics and you will reach goal!!! Your winning already by your acknowledgement ! Good Luck !!

Wow! Thanks guys!!! I totally agree that something else is going on with me. I made an appointment to see a therapist through my job. I will keep you all posted on any updates. Thank you for the encouragement and advice!!!