Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FitDay for the PC

OK, so maybe I'm a sucker but I just shelled out $20.00 for the PC version of Fitday. Even though I don't log my food or activities religiously, once in a while I think it helps a lot to focus me. But Fitday on the web had some shortcomings that really frustrated me, specifically the inability to create a custom food item using ingredients. So every time I had a deli sandwich for lunch, I'd have to enter the bread, the meat, the cheese, and the spread all separately. :D

The PC version allows you to create a custom food called, say, "turkey sandwich lunch" and enter that all at once. It also has much more detailed and flexible reporting, and a host of other features I'm just beginning to explore.

Does anyone else have it? Any hints I should know? It seems a bit complex but I know I'll get used to the interface. In the meantime, I hope it motivates me to keep better track. I don't want to lose sight of why I got banded in the first place, and it's time to do something to pick up the reins.

Wish me luck! :D

I've thought about springing for it too, and I probably use fitday even less than you do! For $20, I figured even if I never used it, it wasn't going to break the bank.

I'm interested in seeing how you like it. I'm still toying with the idea of getting it myself. :D

Thanks for being my guinea pig!!

Where can I find it? It sounds like something I might be interested in looking into.

Penni, just go to Fitday.com and the home page has a huge ad for it. I downloaded it directly from the website but you can also order a CD version.

It used to be $39.95 and at that price I wasn't interested, but for $20 it seemed like a good investment. Plus, there's a 30-day money-back guarantee. There may be way better programs out there that do essentially the same thing, but this was in my face every time I went to Fitday and hey, advertising works. :D

Thanks Alex: I just downloaded it and will play with it today and see what happens. Will give an update later today.

I love fitday. I have been faithfully using it for 2 months. I have never been faithful about anything re:dieting. For me it is a form of accountability to myself. It has helped me be informed about just what the actually calories are not to mention carbs/fat etc.

I'm a big fan. I think it helps me.

Carolyn

I have been using Fitday for a week now and love it love it love it. It keeps track of the calories I am taking in and that helps bunches.

Thanks Alex for mentioning this program

Alex - I was just wondering how the PC version of Fitday was working out for you. Is it better than the online version?

I really really like it and think it was well worth the $20. It blows the online version out of the water! Even though I have DSL, getting online and waiting for the website to come up was frustrating. Now I leave it open all the time, which means I'm much better about logging info. I now log my activity and weight daily in addition to my food, and have made sporadic attempts at a diary. Online all I did was my food, and then only occasionally.

As I've said before, the custom food feature is the one I like the best. But it also lets you report much more flexibly on whatever you want.

Anyway, I'm sold, and I highly recommend it!! :)

I told my mother about and she ordered the Cd so when I see her tonight I am going to borrow it...she has lost 6lbs without the band! :)

I ordered it too and agree is it much better than the online version. Now, all I have to do is get 'religious' like Alex and use it regularly:guess

Just got it yesterday...Love it!