Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting me back on track

Hello all...haven't been posting but have been reading adding my two cents once and a while...

Hmmm...what's been up...I'm still stuck at 180...haven't went up or down which is fine...I started taking an antibiotic which I think was getting stuck and making me really tight so I got an unfill back to around 3.20...on liquid antibiotics now so that seems to be helping a bit...my problem...I'm hungry all the damn time but am not eating the right foods...I have to get back on track to solid protien and veggies...there I said it...

Anyway...had a date on Saturday night from match.com...ended up the guy (who I emailed) looked at my condo...LOL...I thought things were going well but to no avail...I got a handshake...and then yesterday I looked up his profile on match.com and he switched the body type he was looking for from "slim/slender, athletic and toned, curvy, about average, a few extra pounds" to "slim/slender, athletic and toned, about average"!

I couldn't freaking believe it...ok...I put I'm about average...I fit in a size 14 gap halter dress at that...I thought I looked great...apparently he thought I was a heifer...yeah...I'd like to see him keep up with my 5 miles a day in about 45 minutes...JERK!

So...no more dating for me...men suck! I just hope the jerk buys my condo...LOL

Gotta fly...have Jury Duty!

Hi Jen,

GAWD... I SO still remember the dating game! It sucked! Every date I went on through Match.com put me into a complete anxiety attack... hated every minute of it! I did meet my hubby through that dating service so happy endings are possible... unfortunately there are a WHOLE LOTTA frogs in that pond as well! I hope you at least get a sale out of the dumb blind man. :)

Darcy

Jennye,

The guy sounds like a wienie head. I am curious what he looked like though. Was he physically fit or athletic? I find that the guys who want the most are usually making up for their own inadequacies.

Babs in TX

334/214/180

Jennye,

Our daughter (almost 29) says that she is just not playing that game anymore. If some guy shows up at her door with a suitcase and says, "I'll need half the closet, a couple of dresser drawers and two shelves in the medicine cabinet," he's in. But she's not going looking.

I've had a rough few weeks. Glad to see you back.

Sue

Hey Jennye,

I'm sorry your date didn't work out. I thinks it is great that there are different people with different likes and dislikes out there and unfortunately you guys didn't click. I guarantee you it is because there is a better match for you out there!!! I dated people from Match.com before and despite the fact that some of them were really nice guys, we just didn't have the chemistry. And yes, sometime it was me not wanting to go out again with a nice looking guy, not the opposite. Then I met my current boyfriend and we both just knew it was IT. I really believe that we didn't fall for anyone else and no one else fell really for us because we were supposed to meet. We talked about getting married next fall and are living together. He is so supportive, believes that I look amazing and tells me that all the time. That is what you want from your boyfriend and hopefully future life partner. I wouldn't settle for any less than that. If someone isn't sure how he feels about your body, he should not apply. Hope he buys your condo and hope you meet your MATCH very soon. There are many amazing guys out there, unfortunately you have to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince.

Sending good wishes your way!!!!

Renata

205/179/135

02/06/04

Hey Donali: wonder if Jennye's date had an erosion problem with is penile implant? That could explain his problem.

Originally posted by Penni60

Hey Donali: wonder if Jennye's date had an erosion problem with is penile implant? That could explain his problem.

LOL!!! :) :) ;):D

Jennye, what a idiot that guy sounds! I wouldn't waste another second even thinking about him - going by your last posted pics you are looking fantastic...

Hope your new resolution goes well too - you and me babe! I've been disastrous lately too, and have gone back to the basics.

How's your mom doing by the way? Hope she is much recovered?

This is our new inside joke... :D

Hey, I'm on the inside of something!! And you know what? I FIT!! :D :D :D

Back to the thread topic, ladies. Jennye, I just went to the gym for the first time in about 5 weeks. (I'd been taking a break, making the excuse that starting in July I'll be going to the Y daily to pick up my daughters, so I'll start exercising again then.) But in the past three or so weeks I've been tired, cranky, not sleeping well, and worst of all, not losing weight despite another fill on 6/10.

So today I bit the bullet and went to the Y. And you know what? It's fun! My brain remembers what it felt like to exercise 50+ lbs ago, but my body was surprised to find that it's a lot easier than I remember. So cool! Before I knew it 25 minutes on the treadmill had passed and I went on to do a Cybex circuit. Amazingly, it's fun to sweat when it doesn't mean fearing a heart attack.

I'm back, baby!! :D

Alex, is it really ever fun to sweat? I'm doing my evening walks, but I can't wait to hit the shower. I'll be so glad when I have 50 lbs. less to carry around.

Well I get a kick out of it, actually. I especially like when my t-shirt has the big round wet spots on it...am I weird? I like the message it sends to the world--this girl can MOVE!! :D

Have I ever mentioned how much I love you guys!

Donali, again hun, so sorry to hear about the erosion...I'm sure his penile implant was erroding as well...he was alright but nothing to write home about...

Speaking of home...my Mom has been home two weeks and she is alot happier...the speech is coming little by little...she is still in therapy 3x/week.

Bright...you and me baby...bust out the flip flops...

Darcy...like only 7 more days you backwards hick! I'm so excited for you!

Alexandra...I feel you...it feels good to get back into it doesn't it?

To all the rest of you with the beautiful advice...I had another date tonight...this guy Jeremy...he has a lab named Rugby so Fischer and I met him for a walk...well after the first mile I thought I might have to give him CPR...yeah...Mr. 6'2" had a hard time keeping up with this shorty...LOL...bet I made him think this fat chic could move...then again maybe he didn't think I was a fat chic...it was really layed back and actually comfortable...so...we'll see where that goes...

Anywhoo...I'm sure Darcy is in the basement with the tornado warnings so I better start watching the sky myself.