Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

Hey Jessica

I truly hope you are feeling better since this afternoon. We all overindulge from time to time. Just the fact that you got on LBT and asked for some support shows that you are being aware and thoughtful of your actions.

As far as wondering if the band will work for you. I wonder the same thing. I had my first fill yesterday and feel nothing! I went out to eat tonight and I honestly could have eaten like I did before banding!

I have on this site almost daily since about a week before banding and I have to remember that I read ALL THE TIME that this takes time. Soooo many people out there are saying that they didn't lose much until maybe their 3rd or 4th fill!!!!!

Stick with it, make the right choices MOST of the time and don't let the slip ups turn into fall downs:girl_hug:

Thanks for the support everyone!! I guess I just needed some reassurance that I'm doing the right thing. Sometimes I second guess myself. I'm actually starting therapy on Thursday so I think that will help me deal with my eating issues as well as all of my other issues. Ha ha! Today has been better...sometimes I get myself in a funk.

My fill appt is on Monday...so I have something to look forward to. I hope I can get one!!

Hey do any of you have heat at your port sight. Like where it sometimes feels a little warm. I know that is a sign of infection but I don't think that is what it is in this case. Every once in a while it feels a little warm. Also, do any of you sleep on your stomach just yet??

First I would like to say, WELCOME TO LBT! As far as the heat is concerned I sometimes get the same thing and my Dr. said I was fine. Yes, I sleep on my stomach but I can't stay in the same position for long and I don't know if it's a mental thing with the port area or what but I just can't! We're a day apart by the way. :confused: You're doing really great so far, keep up the good work.

Hi fellow Oct Bandters!

Ok, this week's check in for challenge. I am down 2.5 lbs this week, for a total of 3.5 since we started the challenge. I have three more weeks to lose 6.5 lbs. Doable I think!

Hope everyone else is doing well with their challenge!

Just checking in I am down 3 pounds for the challenge 7 more to go and I should be able to do it I get my second fill on Tuesday.

Hope you all have a good week. I am really very restricted I am not sure if I will get that next fill or not. Seems like I can't eat most things without getting "stuck" or sliming.

Jodi

Hi all I have been away form LBT for a while I just moved and I dont have a computer at my new place. Well so much has happened. I have lost 22lbs before my first fill which was on 11/28 i have been filled to a 4 I have very good restriction. Oh and whenever I drink something it gurgles in my throat. Its sounds like an alien is in there. I have have 4 issues with PBing twice with pizza, Cereal, orange chicken and a waffle. This was before my fill.

Hi All. I am checking in with weight loss for the Christmas Challenge. I am down 1lb this week with a total of 4lbs. With 3 weeks to go and seems that everyone is on track to meet the Challenge. Keep up the good work and have a Great WEEK!!

happy sunday everyone!

I lost the 1.5 I gained last week plus 2! WOOHOO!

now i'm just trying to work on my final paper. ick.

maybe i'll hop on the elliptical to try and clear my head since by brain is all squishy w/ having spent the day doing a take home exam.

have a good day!!

Well Congrats to all who are down some extra poundage for the Christmas Challenge....as for me well, I am still sitting pretty at the same weight...lol. Oh well, maybe i will catch up with you "LOSERS" after i get my first fill on the 19th...lol....get it "losers"....hehehe Yall are a bunch of Losers.....hehehe, i love it...

Welcome back Joy...i was wondering where you had gone. Congrats to everyone on their loses!

Jodi

So glad to see you are doing well. You mentioned you had good restriction. Can you tell me what that feels like to you. What is your diet like these days.

I had my first fill on Thurs and I really don't feel any different. I went out for pizza last night and stopped myself and 2 pieces but easily could have had another one.

It seems I can eat pretty normal size portions but try not to. The only real difference I notice is that I am satisfied between meals for longer.

Any insight would be great!!!

You guys are all doing great, so inspiring!

I have 2 herniated disks in my back and have been out of commision for two weeks.

This means one heavy dose of steroids and percocet. :( I am up 2lbs but that was before my fill on Fri. I am done with the steroids and hope to be BACK IN THE GAME! for the Christmas challenge...the steroids make me feel like a bass trying to get upstream:faint: but It will shed... hopefully.

Just call me the little engine that could......:nervous :D :nervous

Big Girl,

Take it easy don't over do it now, and get your back in worse shape i went through the back thing for 7 months with a herniated disk 2 epidural shots later and tons of medication once i started feeling better i was back in bed. not good. take it easy remember we have a the tool now and 2 lb wont make a difference when we lose 10,25,50,100lb, (or however much) take it easy. The back is not an easy thing to take care of.

I have 2 herniated disks in my back and have been out of commision for two weeks.

This means one heavy dose of steroids and percocet. :( I am up 2lbs but that was before my fill on Fri. I am done with the steroids and hope to be BACK IN THE GAME! for the Christmas challenge...the steroids make me feel like a bass trying to get upstream:faint: but It will shed... hopefully.

Just call me the little engine that could......:nervous :D :nervous