Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

So I almost had a PB last night. I was rushing home from work and needed to grab something for dinner before I went to line dancing. I stopped to the grocery store and picked up one chicken finger from the prepared food area. I figured this was a good choice for a quick, Protein meal on the go. And it probably would have been if I didn't try to inhale it. I was in such a rush, I didn't even think how I was eating and it got stuck. And it HURT, really bad. I kept burping small burps, felt very naseous, and thought it was coming up. I was able to walk it off, but it was a close call. Yikes!!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Best of luck with our first holiday after banding!!

I did the same thing chrispygal, it's kinda scary, good think you could walk it off. I hope everyone has a nice THANKSGIVING:)

I've been burping a lot the last few days. Is this normal or does it mean I'm eating too much??

JDru I burp waaaaay more now than I ever did before. And they are big, deep burps. Just a side effect of the band I think.

Hi everyone!

i went to dinner tonight w/ a friend and i waas SSOOO nervous about it! She couldnt believe i had decided to get the band and i was worried she'd be well.. kinda weird about it. I also didn't know how eating out would be.

So we went to Fridays. She said i HAD to at least tried the deep fried mac and cheese. ick. i took one - cut in small peices and took a bite and chewed it to death! then i moved my small plate away.

I ordered the salmon even tho I did dip alittle into the JD sauce. YUM. I would take a bite, put my fork down, take a bite, fork down. So by the time i was done w/ 1/2 of the salmon and a few bites of brocoli - she was done. it actually worked out perfectly. she ordered dessert and i had 2 small bites then moved my spoon to the end of the table. that was plenty. I felt SOO good walking out of the resteraunt.

NOW to see if I can do that again tomorrow at a resteraunt for thanksgiving lunch with the inlaws!

Is it too soon for a glass of wine? :)

Chrispy - i have to tell you - i never noticed the happy face guy in your signature. well i'm typing and i keep seeing something black near the top of the screen out of the corner of my eye. I almost freaked out thinking it was a bug until i stopped typing long enough to actually LOOK at the screen. =)

think time for sleep.< /p>

Have a great thanksgiving everyone!

Happy Thanksgiving to all the bansters out there...Enjoy your family and friends and a small portion of food and know that tomorrow when you wake up the you won't feel like you gained 10 lbs. The holiday will have passed and gone and our goal of health was not sabotaged. Be strong and be for yourself first.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE. Here's hoping that everyone had a better day with self control than I did. I ate way too much in one sitting. In fact, I was done for the day by 2:30 p.m. I did pretty good with the sweets. I made a sugar free Jello salad but I also made a pumpkin pie cake that was not sugar free. I probably have done ok as far as calories go for the day, but I am miserable. I am bloated and I have a knot in my upper stomach. It is all sitting there trying to go down. This is my first bad experience with food since I was banded and it felt like and I ate like I had not even been banded. But now, well, I feel it and it is not pleasant. I think I will be doing liquids for a couple of days just to give my stomach a much needed rest. I couldn't wait to get online to confess this to my band friends because I figure you are the one's who understand best. I am thankful for this website and the great posts and advise

Have a great evening all and enjoy the shopping tomorrow!!!

Oh I ate, and quite a bit. lol. I even had a small sliver of apple pie. Overall, I ate waaaay less than I normally would have, so I'm not going to beat myself up over it. Tomorrow is a new day and back to healthy eating. But man I can't wait for my fill next Wednesday! lol Hope everyone enjoyed their turkey day!

we drove up to WI and had lunch at a resteraunt with the inlaws so i was really good at eating just a little. then i came home and baked Cookies for work. I did cheat and have a couple. i figure i just wont have any tomorrow at work. =)

I ate quite a bit today too, but I think I did ok considering what I ate last year. :) I got some bread down and turkey with no problem. I definitely think I will need a fill when I go in on Dec 4. I hope everyone had a fabulous holiday!!

Hi Everyone! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. I am in WI now for a wedding so has been little harder being away from home with the band. Yesterday I ate way too much at the Thanksgiving buffet to the point it was actually painful for about an hour after. That was really the first time I have overdone it since getting the band but learned my lesson on portions! Chrispy you are right this is a new day!

Hi everyone! Whew - it's after Thanksgiving! I made the whole dinner and my friend brought dessert, which I didn't have! :) I ate a little too fast and felt food get caught. I just sat there for a minute willing it to go down - that really hurts! My friends do not know I had the surgery. Has anyone been sick since they got the band? I had a stomach bug a couple days ago and was dry heaving all day. It was horrible! How do you know if your band has slipped? I don't feel any different. Hopefully, all is well. I go in for my fill next week. I am very excited!!!! Wish me luck! Julz

Hi everyone! Whew - it's after Thanksgiving! I made the whole dinner and my friend brought dessert, which I didn't have! :) I ate a little too fast and felt food get caught. I just sat there for a minute willing it to go down - that really hurts! My friends do not know I had the surgery. Has anyone been sick since they got the band? I had a stomach bug a couple days ago and was dry heaving all day. It was horrible! How do you know if your band has slipped? I don't feel any different. Hopefully, all is well. I go in for my fill next week. I am very excited!!!! Wish me luck! Julz

First of all good luck with your fill :)

I had the same question about knowing if your band has slipped. It's a pain similar to a heart attack! It's pretty uncommon now apparently, since they sew some of the stomach over the band when it is fitted (that was from my consultant). I don't know the ins and outs of it. I'm sure if you are worried you could talk to your surgeon/consultant?

I had a PB from eating too much, the only thing I could do was force down some Water, which forced it to come back up, it relieved the pain but I left my mark on the car park he he! I have had it again but not quite as bad I think it takes awhile to get adjusted to life with a band!

I had my first solid meal today, I ate it very slowly and it was half of a childs portion, I am still feeling full 3 hours later! You know what, it feels good!:clap2:

Has anyone else set themselves an xmas goal?

Suzanne

Hello friends

I am ready to crawl under my desk and nap.

And no one would notice!!

WHY is my silly company open? Who cares if your debit/atm/ or Gift card didn't go out in the mail today! i had one client call at 830.

i could have gotten SSOOOOO much done! but nopers. not inspired.

I did print out some articles for the class i'm taking, updated my resume, and sent out fundraising emails for the Chicago Avon Walk for Breast Cancer.

Maybe I'll work on my christmas shopping list.

I could file or send some emails to clients but.... maybe i'll read more posts...

Just a thought for all of us who ate too much at Thanksgiving. You know what is different this year? This year, we may have overindulged on the holiday but I bet we didn't eat too much the day after or the day after that!

Keep up the good work! We will do it one day at a time!