Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

I can eat more than a 1/2 cup of Soup. I usually have lentil or Tomato Soup. I have not had a fill yet. Remember that if you are eating thin, liuqidy Soups it goes right through the band. Chunky soups will tend to make you feel more full.

My appetite tends to dictate if I can eat more than 1/2 a cup of Soup or not. I did worry initially that it was a bad thing, but as someone else said it depends on what soup you are eating.

Most of the time I find myself satisfied by only a small amount. I am trying to get into some sort of routine, not as easy as I thought it would be. Time and experience will make it easier I am sure.

November the 25th is when I can move on to proper solids, I must admit I can't wait until that day. Although, it is so easy to just eat mushie. It's goign to take a lot of thinking when it ocmes to solid, what to eat and what not to eat. I'm a wee disappointed I can't eat the best part of my favourite veg Brocolli, I really love the stalk, but my list says it is to fibrous :huytsao

I'm sure I will find different things to eat, that have the similar taste. Is brussel sprouts to fibrous?

Hellos everyone! Yays its Friday, finally done with work for the weekend. Thank God! Soniacan.... I tried the receipe.... its great! I had it for dinner and for lunch! It is sooo good..... cures all my cravings! and its so fulling!! Tonight me and DH are going to see some flicks- Saw 3 and Stranger then Fiction. I wil be ordering a small popcorn and sharing it. No soda though... hehe I dont really miss the soda. DH brought home Taco Bell for lunch and offered me a soft taco, I took a bite and nearly gagged on the taste... it was awful! I couldn't believe it! I thought it would be so good after so long, from not eating one. I guess thats good. Oh- and I could definately eat more then 1/2 a cup of Soup. I didn't even realize I was supposed to be eating only a 1/2 a cup until recently. Geez, what a frak up I am lol!

I hope I didnt stretch anything ........:) I also ate some orange sherbert last night! Oh so yummy! I am realy enjoying these mushie stage ....too bad it couldn't last for more then 2 weeks! heha- ~Raynie!

Thanks Ladies! I had a medium slush from burger king tonight and was able to drink almost the whole thing. I'm scared.... I wonder if I need x-rays or something?? Or is being paranoid part of being a new bandster??

Sorry for being a pain. lol :))

Yippee Weekend!!

Le2sha, whats a slush? I think when we drink it goes right thru so its not the same with food. I could be wrong... I need to go flip thru my "manual" again.

The inlaws are coming to visit tomorrow. I toldf my husband I didnt want to go with them when they go out to dinner. I;m not ready. I dont think my DH told them what I was having done so that should be interesting.... we'll see, we'll see!!

Enjoy the weekend everyone. I'm sure I'll check in - I'm addicted.

Hi everyone and happy WEEKEND!! My weights been at a stand still this week but it's partly my fault, eating to much of the wrong food, even if you don't eat alot but eat the wrong things I guess it can still really effect the weight loss. I get filled Monday so this should help. I still haven't gained any so that is a big plus, I'm not depressed about it either because I know that the weight will come off. I started exercising yesterday, only did a 30 min. on the treadmill but it felt good. I'm going to a dinner theater tonight so I am going to tell myself I can do it and not go hog wild and regret it, don't want to have to try and sit through a play with food stuck in my throat now do I. I hope that everyone is dong good and will talk to you later.

Lisa

Banded 10/18/2006

First fill scheduled 11/13/2006

Hi everyone. I was banded on the 26th of Oct. (two weeks) and I am feeling really great. Back to work the monday after...no gas pains at all...did the liquid thing a couple days...then the soft for a week.....am on pureed foods now or things really cooked that I can "puree" by chewing a bunch.... And I can eat about a half cup is all. I think if it is like Tomato Soup...maybe I could eat more. For work I have been buying them little Dinty Moore 1 cup containers of things like scalloped potatoes...chicken noodle hotdish and such....and I eat a half container and put the rest back in the fridge for another day. It works great and they are really cooked well and soft so they are perfect...and such a nice variety. I have lost 20 lbs now and have not been in for a fill and will not be going in until early Dec.

:biggrin1:

I WILL start walking today on my treadmill as I have seen that the scale is not moving like it did in the first two weeks. I didn't go through all this to loose 1 pd a week...I want 2-3 pds a week!!! And if I walk...it will happen. Good luck everyone...and those that are still ach'in and such.. it does get better....I can sit right up in bed again ... finally! Port area still a bit sore but that is to be expected I imagine with the port sewed into the stomach muscle there. (*ha*...what stomach muscle...)

Bye all..

Keep on Keepin on!

:clap2:

weight.png

You are doing GREAT You have ALREADY LOST ALMOST 30 LBS!:clap2: :clap2:

Keep up the great work

Thank you Big girl banded.... I was just getting discouraged.. but I have lost a couple of pounds this week..

I was banded October 12,2006. I had a friend tell me about this web site at work today. I am happy to have found a place to talk to others who are going through the same things I will be.

Welcome Bsmith2.... I was also banded on 10/12..... this site has alot of valuable information...you have people who are going thru the same thing you are.. and they understand.. our dh.. or family really cant share the same experiences as the peopel here.. I love it.. :kiss2:

Well I went back to work this week.. and it was ok.. my dr had me out for 4 weeks..so I was ready to go.. had tons of emails to go thru..

well on my first day back I had a follow up appointment with my surgeon..and since he is only in the office once a month.. and it has already been 4 weeks since surgery... he went ahead and did a fill. he did 1 cc or .1 cc.. not sure..all he did was feel where the port was, cleaned the area.. and stuck a needle in.. I did not even feel it.. maybe too much fat there so that is why.. so I drank Water no problem.. got back to work.. had to be on Clear Liquids for the first 24 hours..and then full liquids for the next 24 hours.. well yesterday morning since I am still on clear liquids I had chicken broth for breakfast.. I made a 2 cup portion on the stove so it was hot and took it to work in a thermal cup.. drank that all morning here and there.. time for lunch.. I had a sf Jello and water.. my stomach was sooooo upset.. I had a air bubble or something.. I tried to burp or fart and I couldn't.. I was miserable all day.. so when I got home I had 3 gas x strips.. I was like a volcano.. the air bubble came out both ends..:biggrin1: I fell so much better .. so I am not sure if I ate too much.. or too fast.. or what.. but the thought of broth makes me ill.. I have till 1 today to go back on my mushies.. I never thought I would be so excited to go back to mushie food..

Christine,

Do you think maybe you were drinking too fast? I think sometimes I do. That part has been hard for me to learn. I have always drank a lot of fluids, and many times I would drink fast. I can't do it anymore. I have to drink some and wait and drink some more. Maybe that will help you. I don't know since I haven't been banded. But I just thought I'd share.

Good luck to you.

It is great to hear everyone is recovering so well after surgery! My incisions appear almost healed, and I haven't had any pain medicine since the 2nd post op day. I went back to work (for a half day) 3 days after surgery. I am now 11 days post op and getting through the liquid (straw consistency) diet has really been the biggest challenge - 10 more days of liquids then onto mushy/soft/pureed phase for another 3 weeks.

Does anyone have any recommendations for starting the mushy stage portion wise 1/2 cup to 1c? Also does the rule begin to apply "Do not drink with meals and 1 hr after" with the mushy stage? Or is that more for starting solids at 6 weeks? Thanks for your help!

My favorite Breakfast smoothie is Peanut Butter Banana!

1 cup skim milk extra

1 ripe banana

1 spoon creamy peanut butter

1/4 cup danon (sugar free, fat free vanilla yogart)

1 scoop vanilla Protein powder

1/2 cup ice

a few drops of liquid sweetner

Yum!! This actually makes 2 shakes but my husband has been trying to do the liquid stage with me, so I share.

I have never gotten so much use out of my kitchen aid blender before lap band surgery...

Kimberly - as far as I know the no food for an hour after eating does apply to mushies. You'll notice that the mushie food keeps you full much longer as well. Liquid stage was very, very tough but keep at it. It will definitely pay off when you get weighed in. Keep up the good work!