Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So Frustrated

So I found out I had gallstones. Finally the Dr. office calls me today to tell me that I have gallstones. Neither the nurse nor the doctor talked to me instead it was the receptionist.

The conversation pretty much went like this "Hi, we got your test results in and you do have gallstones. If you are having symptoms you'll need to get it taken out. If you would like I can have the scheduling department give you a call and we can schedule your surgery."

What happened to talking to the patient. Or even having the DOCTOR talk to the patient as opposed to a receptionist. Why doesn't it occur to people that I might have questions such as "how quickly do I need this done?" "can it wait and I take medicine to prevent another attack" "is anything else going on?" IT IS SO FRUSTRATING TO ME!!!! I have been having problems yet instead of being listened to they say "go get a sonogram" now "go get surgery" without TALKING to people. Perhaps this goes in the rant and raves section. I don't know. I request that he go through my results with me. We'll see how it goes I guess...if not I have no idea who to find to TALK to me about what is going on. Ok...I guess i'm done.

Thanks

...Malice...

:help: :cry :huytsao :think :angry

I absolutely agree with you - doctors are so keen to make money that they're ignoring their responsibility to the patients they've already taken money from.

I'm disgusted by the lack of ethics.

MaliceX - so sorry you were treated like just another cow in the chute. That's what I've felt like at times from some doc offices. I would think at least the nurse would give you a call.

Hope all turns out for the best for you.

Terry :)

Urrgggg!! I just hate that for you. I'm having issues with my doctor and his staff today also. I've had a kidney infection for about 5 days and it's not getting better (in fact worse) so I called the doctor and waited all day for a return call... when I finally called again they said "We are busy today and we'll call you back when we have time to give him the message" I said - well I'm in pretty extreme pain an thought I should be getting better 4 days on the antibotics.... She finally called back and said she needed my pharmacy phone #, I asked what he was calling in for me and she said "I dunnnno".... I was pissed. I said is it a different antibotic or a pain killer.... she replied "I dunnnno"...

I called the pharmacy and it was a NSAID (which I'm not even supposed to take) Uggg!! I wanted to know how long before the anitbotics should work - it was a simple question.

I feel your pain, it's annoying.

Cashley, sorry to hear about that. Hope you are feeling better. It's crazy huh? I LOVED my doc when I first got my band, I still do but unfortuantly I haven't really gotten to see him. It's always the fill doctor and now a receptionist calling me. I feel like his office is more like a factory than an office. I just wish that they would have offered me the opportunity to sit down and discuss what was going on as opposed to me having to ask to find out information.

MaliceX-- SO sorry to hear your problem about your stones and the dr. I have had similar experiences, but I wanted to maybe help answer some of your questions. I had my gallbladder removed when I was 6 months pregnant, so you know I ask a TON of questions. The dr. told me that some people don't have to have the surgery right away it really depends on the size of your stones (Hence the unltrasound- to find out), and the amount of pain you are in. I was in extreme pain with almost eveything I ate and my stomes were pretty large so I had to have the surgery. The real thing to fear is one of the stones getting stuck in your bile duct and clogging it up. Ewww I know. Good luck with your Dr. and your stones. If you have any more questions I would be happy to try to help.

Thanks for the info Genn! I've had about 3 attacks in the past month one very mild. I wonder if it's just chinese food or something that sets it off. I'm not sure. I have an appt. Wed with the doc and hopefully i'll get more information then. Thanks again!