Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling All Dr Garcia Patients...

Another happy very recent Dr. Garcia patient here! Like one poster mentioned the only complaint I heard was from some people that wanted to go shopping and moving around the city. It all depends on which company you book with. It seems that not every company offers that service. I did get that service, some of the others there didn't.

Well its finally I have been going back and forth with Dr. Garcia and Kelly and you guys have been the best deciding factor. I was nervous as I was with my band surgery and my doctor state side could have cared less. Then the nurses after words were horrible, when i came to after my band I had gas and was trying to breath and get a breath but it was painful.. Well when you are full with gas and trying to get it out by breathing or what now if you have trouble they will put a alchol pad under your noise to get you to breath. Well this heffa I swear was trying to sufficate me boy it was horrible.. Anywho Im going to do a revision to the SLEEEEVVVEEE!!! Im excited I tried my best with the band but I got down to 223 from 274 but now im back to possibly 250 something :0(....I also feel pain where its sitting at and then reading the blogs and info from coordinators about the erosion and complications long term scared the crap outta me. So now im going for the change and Im happy for it Im scared but the closer it gets the more im ready cause I know I finally have a chance to succeed. Anyhow if you guys care to share anymore of your experiences about how Mexico please do. I think Im more afraid of the crime rate than the surgery...Thanks for yall's help!!

Congratulations on your decision!!! I just had surgery with Dr.Garcia, and I was like you (Adorablentx) worry for the crime in Tijuana, but I can reassure you , you will be just fine. I think like every city , you have the good and the bad parts of it. Which company did you booked with?

Dont worry about the crime, there is crime everywhere and not one time did I feel afraid and I traveled alone. I walked to Walmart bymyself and wasnt scared at all...I have been in places in the US that I was afraid of and would never venture out alone!!..I stayed at the Mariott and it is very safe and secure. You will not be in places where you need to worry...Relax and enjoy the ride..!!

Hi, i was there a week ago as a support person for my friend. I was so impressed with Dr. Garcia and ready 4change that i have booked surgery for myself and my husband in december. i am in the medical field and the hospital was great, Dr. Garcia and team fabulous and alma our coordinator wonderful. i was referred to ready 4change by a friend that is a doctor and had surgery with this team in February and he has lost all his weight and is now associated with this team. Read up on A Lighter Me in the archives - some disturbing past events that I do hope they have resolved but caused me to opt another company. You have made a good choice!

Penny

loved loved loved and still love Dr. Garcia....!!! He and his staff are the best and I have NOTHING bad to say about them!!!! Good luck on your journey

Hi, i was there a week ago as a support person for my friend. I was so impressed with Dr. Garcia and ready 4change that i have booked surgery for myself and my husband in december. i am in the medical field and the hospital was great, Dr. Garcia and team fabulous and alma our coordinator wonderful. i was referred to ready 4change by a friend that is a doctor and had surgery with this team in February and he has lost all his weight and is now associated with this team. Read up on A Lighter Me in the archives - some disturbing past events that I do hope they have resolved but caused me to opt another company. You have made a good choice!

Penny

I have read just the opposite. My experience with Dr. Garcia was great! I felt that those of us that signed up with A Lighter Me got a lot more attention than those that were with Ready for a change. Our coordinators Eduardo and Abraham even went to the store to pick up something one of their patients needed. They could have said that she was not their responsibility, but they helped her even though it was not their job! Her coordinator was barely there!

But either way you will get Dr. Garcia and his medical staff and that is what is most important. However if you want more attention or if you are going alone I recommend going through A Lighter me.

Imo I think its going to be a never ending battle if you will..each company will have their flaws, they're human. Nobody is perfect and as long as all of Dr. Garcia's patients are treated well and with respect it shouldn't matter. But again this is just MY opinion I'm not sleeved yet but I'm more worried about Dr.Garcia doing a great job on me, rather than which coordinator out did the other..

Best wishes to you all ;)

Sent from my ADR6400L using VST