Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is your current fill in your 4cc band?

I am currently at 2.4 ccs. It has been 11 months and roughly 5 fills to get here. I took my fills in small increments: 1cc, then to 1.5, then to 1.7, then to 2, then my last fill to 2.4.

I have had several fills and am currently at 2.2 in a 4cc band. I started out my first fill at 2.3 so i'm just about where I started after a recent unfill. I seem pretty restricted during the day but can eat like a horse at night. I will probbably get one to two more fills but I never lose weight. I am committed to sticking with this fill business up to one year after surgery and after that - if i can just maintain witohout pbing all the time I will be content. I'm not sure there is a sweet spot for everyone

Banded May 2005

1st fill July 2005 .5cc

2nd fill Sept. 2005 .5cc

Total 1cc in 4 cc band

Have had good restriction

and no more fills needed so far.

I have just had my 3rd fill of .5 and really feel nothing...Total now is 2.5cc in a 4cc band. The only time I feel restriction is if I eat bread/toast or eat too fast. It's not really restriction it's just getting stuck..I can eat too much and it's starting to dishearten me again. :tired

Well right now I'm at 2.9 I been banded for 7 months. I got an unfill about a month ago because the doc put me to 3.3 was he crazy I couldn't even keep my own saliva down. so he unfill me completely felt relief real soon. And about 2 weeks ago he put me at 2.9 so I'm still feel kind of tight I feel the restriction cause right now I'm eating hardly any solid food. I'm eating more liquids and smuchies so I think i'm going to get another little unfill. I want to loose another 20 lbs to be at my goal.

I was filled to 3.2cc and was too tight so had a complete unfill for a month and yesterday had 2.5cc put in. I am hoping that will be pefect and will let me get these last 10 lbs off to get to goal. i haven't had solid food yet (still on mushies) after my fill so I don't really know how its going to be yet.

~Liz~

03/10/06

241/166/160

5'7''

Hi,

I was banded on June 12th this year with a 4cc band. I went back in 9 wks for a fill and he put in 1cc, but when I went back in 2 wks he found a reduction in the saline in my band and said it was probably due to an air pocket, so he filled me back to 1cc, so I went back in 2 more weeks and he put in .5cc, that seemed tight at first, but not for very long and I wanted to eat at night, couldn't eat much in the AM, so I just drank a V-8 and Protein and crystal light, at noon I would try to eat and most times was able to. What I found is that if I could eat without PBing, I wanted to eat more than 4oz, had to really work at staying where I was supposed to be and was getting hungry before the next time to eat, so last Wednesday I went back and got another fill. This time he said do you want an aggressive fill, which would be .3cc or do you want a moderately aggressive fill which is .2cc? I had no clue and he said if you don't mind coming back next week if you need to, I would rather do a moderately aggressive fill. I am sure glad he did that because I am having a time eating anything much. Most days I can't eat more than a couple of bites and then I get the pain and pretty soon it is going to come up, and that is the only relief I get once it starts. I have had 2 days that I was able to eat and it was the right amount and I felt fine until time to eat again. Most of the days have not been that way. I take eraser size bites and chew and chew and chew, and after about 3 bites it wants to sit in my chest or at the base of my throat, and if I begin to sort of hiccup or belch, I can just head for the great white, because it is coming up and I am glad when it does. I want to give it some time, but if it continues I will go back and have maybe .1cc removed and try that.

SharonG

Be careful, I just recently had an unfill due to having trouble...even with liquids. I was so scared of slipping my band by being too tight. I am finally at the point of being able to drink late morning and eat late afternoon...eraser sized bites but it is finally staying down just the past few days and that's even with the small unfill!

how much do you have in your band now?? I hope this will work itself out, I understand that as you lose weight, you also lose around your stomach and that will make the band looser too, so maybe this will work itself out, if not by next Wednesday (when my doc does fills) I will go in for a slight unfill, not much, hopefully just enough.

Hi Sharon, I have 3.2 in my 4cc band. I think it is resolving itself. Are you ok with Water or other liquid? If so, you might want to try mushies until you loosen up a bit. Do you go on liquids for 24hrs. every time after you pb? You might just be swollen from the frequesnt pb's.

I got banded on Aug 10 and my first fill on Sept 18. 1.8 in a 4cc band. I have great restriction. I cannot hardly eat in the morning at all and am able to eat about 4 ozs at night. I am not hungry at all... ever which is even weirder.

Hi guys,

Had my first fill today - 1.8cc in a 4.0 cc band. Do feel restriction, so am hoping I can now get on the weight loss track!

Hope others are doing well,

I have had two fills in my 4cc band. I was banded August 1st. My first fill was 1.25cc and my second fill was .5cc. I still have yet to really feel restriction.