Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My decision

In light of recent postings and my admission in a past mistake I am humbly submitting my resignation as Moderator.

Some members have expressed a strong opinion that they cannot respect nor trust the actions of a Moderator that acted the way I did in the past. I have to respect their conviction and must say I tend to agree with that sentiment.

I am saddened and ashamed of my past actions and more importantly I have learned from those past actions. I want to apologize for my past actions as a moderator.

AS I have not yet heard from Alex as to my status as a moderator and not sure if he has even read my emails, I will assume that my resignation is effective immediately.

Thank you for the time and opportunity to be a moderator on this great Support Board. You guys are the greatest.

Love you all.

Wow, Penni! I'm sure that was a difficult decision. I have appreciated your diligent duty as moderator for the past several months that I have been at LBT! Thank you for you time and sacrifice!

Penni I want to wish you well in your future endeavors. I have enjoyed your posts here on LBT. I can certainly understand your decision. I hope you will keep in touch and let us know how unbanded life treats you.

Best wishes.

Myra

I'm not sure I know what it was you supposedly did, but I have always enjoyed your posts and I totally respect the things you have done lately. Best to you.

I really wish you the best. You gave me some very good advice when I was starting to look at the band. You have really helped me and a lot of others immensely. I hope that you will continue to contribute. I really didn't pay much attention to the battles that were going on a few weeks ago but I cannot imagine that it was all that bad.( or maybe I missed some of it) I hope to see you around. ( by the way your jewelry is beautiful!)

Well Penni,

I don't know a single thing about anything that happened here on LBT. In words, you don't hear inflection, so often times many things that were meant innocently are taken in the context that the author did not intend.

I have been moderator of several boards myself. I have deleted posts, moved posts, locked posts, etc. Not everyone agreed with what I did or why I did it. However the owner of the board was behind me 100%. Sometimes, removing people from the situation can help them calm down and come back more level headed.

If you are a moderator, its because you are experienced in Lap band, are on the boards frequently and are willing to help Alex.

Just because someone disagrees with a choice you have made in the past, doesn't mean you should feel the need to resign. Most of us here probably have no idea what happened. Learning from your mistakes is growth and maturity, no one is perfect. And yea, people can say they disagree with decisions you have made, however they have no idea how difficult those decisions were to make until they are in the position to have to make them themselves.

Just my 2 cents......I don't think mistakes or regrets equal failure. I don't know if its too late however, I think you should reconsider.

(((Penni))) we love ya girl. I find it sad that so many people have been hurt by such trivial things and so far out.. but it is what it is. I, for one, would have been fine with you remaining as moderator. We have all made errors in judgement, especially with influence from friends, etc. You admitted it, you haven't continued it, that should have been sufficient, but I certainly understand your position. Please continue to share your experience, moderator or not... :girl_hug:

Penni, we all make mistakes. I am certainly sure that it has added additional stress in your life, when folks speak negatively of you or your actions! I did read some of the nasty arguments, but didn't add anything to the "mess." It wasn't an easy thing to read or referee (on the moderators part).

I thought you were an excellent moderator. It's funny, human-nature as it is, that we don't compliment the good things when they are happening. But, BOY can we bitch!!!

I hope you keep coming around....Shawn

Thank you all that have replied for your comments. I still have nothing but love for you all. You are really wonderful beautiful special weight warriors.

This doesnt mean you are leaving LBT does it? You wil lstill psot and offer the great support you always have right?

Still deciding. I am not going anywhere just yet.

Penni, I wholehearted accept your apology. I did when you made it the first time and I still do. You are human and humans make mistakes, but I don't think you would have made this mistake on your own.

Charisma is an amazing gift. Sadly, the recipient of that gift in this case is a severely flawed human being who is careless of the destructive power that that gift can wield.

You're giving up your position on LBT as a sacrifice to bad judgement in a careless moment, but HOW MANY MOMENTS have you given hope, guidance, friendship, advise, empathy, and acceptance to (sometimes) complete strangers? Doesn't the good outweigh the bad? I think so.

I choose to see this loss of an excellent moderator as one more victim of a careless, damaged, lost soul. It's very sad now matter how you look at it.

Penni, please don't stay gone forever. There will always be people here who care for you and need your experience and advise.