Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Was Your Final "straw That Broke The Camels Back"

My reasons was all surrounding me being severely ashamed of myself!

1. I have 4 girls all under 8 years old and they love going to the park and going outside. Thought I was going to pass out trying to teach my twins how to swing.

2. My 6 year olds daisy Girl Scout troop end of the year party was at the zoo and they got a "back stage after hours tour" and I had to rest every 5 or 10 minutes was super embarrassing!

3. But the absolute last straw was when my husband brought me tickets to the Beyoncé concert and I went to the mall to find something to wear and couldn't because I couldn't fit anything. Ended up I. Something that looked like a sheet in my opinion.

Typing this I feel quite vain but I have always been the bigger girl all my life. But I have never been this big in all my life. My 7 year old asked me if I was going to where a costume for Halloween and I told her that I had nothing to where and she suggested that I dress up as the blueberry from Willie Wonka and the chocolate Factory

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

My reasons was all surrounding me being severely ashamed of myself!

1. I have 4 girls all under 8 years old and they love going to the park and going outside. Thought I was going to pass out trying to teach my twins how to swing.

2. My 6 year olds daisy Girl Scout troop end of the year party was at the zoo and they got a "back stage after hours tour" and I had to rest every 5 or 10 minutes was super embarrassing!

3. But the absolute last straw was when my husband brought me tickets to the Beyoncé concert and I went to the mall to find something to wear and couldn't because I couldn't fit anything. Ended up I. Something that looked like a sheet in my opinion.

Typing this I feel quite vain but I have always been the bigger girl all my life. But I have never been this big in all my life. My 7 year old asked me if I was going to where a costume for Halloween and I told her that I had nothing to where and she suggested that I dress up as the blueberry from Willie Wonka and the chocolate Factory

Finding out that I had high blood pressure at the ripe age of 24, I was so shaken up... :unsure: My father is in acute heart failure in his 60s (overweight), his father died of a heart attack in his early 50s (obese), and my grandmother on my maternal side (normal weight) died from congestive heart failure.

I knew that I was going to die very young if I didn't pull it together and stop making excuses.

Literally "broke my back". Herniated disk from... well you guessed it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the BariatricPal App

Blood glucose reached 108 (pre-diabetic), elevated liver enzymes indicative of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, and obstructive sleep apnea. When you're too fat to sleep and breathe at the same time, then it's time to make a major change.

The proverbial straw that broke the fat camel's back was ...when I got back from NewYork City ComiCon and I absolutely HATED the way I looked...despite the fact I had spent so long working on that costume. And I even had to cut out the LARGEST size in the pattern. Ugh.

My ortho telling me that I would have to have my knees replaced before I turned 50 if I didnt do something. Tendonitis in both elbows that wouldnt heal because I was having to push myself up everytime.

HW 385 SW 359 CW 335 (50lbs down!) Sleeved 10/5/16

The straw that broke my back was sitting around a fire with my brothers and dad listening to them try to guess my weight (out of the blue), and giving me all kinds of weight loss advice, including "Don't do the surgery stuff....that's the easy way out". Mind you, they could all benefit from the adivce they gave me as well as from bariatric surgery. That was my straw. And seeing my weight as close to 400 as I ever ever ever wanted to see it (392).

Although there were several other reason and things going on in my life that played a factor into my reasoning to start this journey .But when I asked myself how much do you love you .That's when I knew that I needed to make a change in my life ????

R4C????

I was just sick of being fat. I had a hard time fitting in concert seats, restaurant booths. It was very humiliating. I tried every program out there, and thy all work but I had trouble keeping up with it. When the company I worked for was bought out and my new health insurance covered the surgery I started looking into it. It required a six month work up for the insurance to cover it. At month 4 I knew gastric sleeve surgery was something I wanted.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

High BP, diagnosed with sever sleep apnea and border line diabetic plus worried I would not live to see my kids grow up. Hate the way I look. Plus a friend had it done 10 months ago and looks amazing.

Knee,back pain increasing after walking, kneeling, vacationing and traveling short distance..

Not wanting to dress up, go places or do outings with kids or others.

Finding food as my way to communicate with people..

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

Mine was people asking me "So when is the baby due?" So disrespectful because they assumed I was pregnant they never asked! My youngest son is 15 years old so needless to say I was feeling really bad.

There are many many straws for me but the one that started the ball rolling was when my father very tall and thin man smoker all his life suffered many debilitating strokes. He fell at the nursing home once and i helped get him up since he was hurting the nurses, my god he was so heavy. It made me appreciate the nurses so much more.

I started thinking on my life i have no one other than my two sisters and my mom who is only 4'10 all i kept picturing is her taking care of me in the same state.

Pops died during that week i somehow messed up my knee went to ortho she said i will not be able to walk in two years due to arthritis and weight.

One year later messed up the other knee and was halving trouble walking. That scared the carp out of me i quit smoking and went to my physician and told him to refer me.

While i was waiting for a call for an appt. I was coming home in the wee hours in the morning from work. I started to watering and went out to turn it off when i stepped on a wet spot on the top of concrete stairs and fell directly on my arse then bounced forward and messed up my knee some more so there i was 391 pounds of me lying on a wet concrete floor with the sprinkler going and a toad staring back at me. Yup almost squished a toad. So im wondering how im going to get up was in so much pain i had to crawl to the Water shut off then had to crawl up the stairs i finally manged to crawl into bed wet clothes and all i just could not move i felt so incredibly alone and i flashed back to my father and seeing him on the floor. I knew this was it i was done being fat!

Sent from my SM-G920P using the BariatricPal App

There are many many straws for me but the one that started the ball rolling was when my father very tall and thin man smoker all his life suffered many debilitating strokes. He fell at the nursing home once and i helped get him up since he was hurting the nurses, my god he was so heavy. It made me appreciate the nurses so much more.

I started thinking on my life i have no one other than my two sisters and my mom who is only 4'10 all i kept picturing is her taking care of me in the same state.

Pops died during that week i somehow messed up my knee went to ortho she said i will not be able to walk in two years due to arthritis and weight.

One year later messed up the other knee and was halving trouble walking. That scared the carp out of me i quit smoking and went to my physician and told him to refer me.

While i was waiting for a call for an appt. I was coming home in the wee hours in the morning from work. I started to watering and went out to turn it off when i stepped on a wet spot on the top of concrete stairs and fell directly on my arse then bounced forward and messed up my knee some more so there i was 391 pounds of me lying on a wet concrete floor with the sprinkler going and a toad staring back at me. Yup almost squished a toad. So im wondering how im going to get up was in so much pain i had to crawl to the Water shut off then had to crawl up the stairs i finally manged to crawl into bed wet clothes and all i just could not move i felt so incredibly alone and i flashed back to my father and seeing him on the floor. I knew this was it i was done being fat!

Sent from my SM-G920P using the BariatricPal App