Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Return To Liquid Diet?

Hi folks.. I need some input from you all.. Today l am officially 4 weeks post-op... I have lost exactly 33 lbs... The problem is that l have lost NOTHING in the past 6 days... Now l lost 20 lbs during the 12 days l spent on the liquid diet.. I am tossing around the idea of returning to the strict liquid diet for a couple weeks in hopes of losing another 20 lbs quick.. Do you think this will work???

Dont panick, you are only 4 weeks out...you didnt just wake up fat, its going to take time....your body has just had major surgery....the doctor removed what 80-85% of your stomach and all you are going to lose is 20 pounds?? come on now....

Just calm down and let your body heal

PEvette... I understand... Maybe l just expect too much too quick.. But l really enjoy seeing my weight go down.. When l step on the scale and see no change, it is sort of discourageing..

I wouldn't.....you are going to have stalls. Try mixing things up to break this one--eat more calories--exercise more--even adding a couple of hours of extra sleep for a few nights--add an extra Protein shake--any of these can break a stall. You need the nutrition from food.< /p>

You are in a stall. I haven't lost much in the last 3weeks. I am 7 weeks post op. Your body has to take breaks and adjust to what you are putting it through.. Imagine if you had gained all that weight in a couple of months. Most of us would be dead from the stress on out entire body. Well it needs to loose it the same way a bit at a time. Be patient, it will happen, nothing is wrong, nothing is ruined or broken.

Do you know that stress and worry can cause you to stall in your weight loss? Relax and follow the process. Stop looking at the scale it's making you anxious now and it probably made you anxious pre surgery when you were trying to lose weight right so stay away from it. I only got weigh during my follow up appts. with my surgeon other than that I went by the way my clothes kept getting bigger and bigger and that made me smile. Believe me don't worry just relax and enjoy the journey you will see that wait come off, be anxious for nothing!!

honestly, i did it. I had a stall for about 10 weeks. Of course during this time i was losing inches intially, but eventually, everything came to a stop, the weight, the inches...

So i went back onto liquid diet for 3 days, and whoop, the scale moved, 3 lbs.

Then darn! my period came for a visit, and I haaven't step on the scale since then, but i've started eating normal again, cos the fainting spells were pretty bad.

I'm not for or against this idea, just sharing my story.

anyway personally, 6 day stall i think its pretty normal, i think you should weigh yourself every 2 weeks.. :)

You mentioned "fainting spells".... What do you mean???? There are many many many times where l will stand up, and when l do, l feel very dizzy... This lasts about 3-10 seconds, then lm fine..

Hi Bdiddy,

Exactly that... sometimes when i walk a longer distance, i get the fainting spells like that too.. I need to stop, close my eyes for awhile...

I'm not to sure what is going on, but i reckon it will get better eventually after my body is use to the little food it is taking in?

Don't worry, you're just in a stall. If you search 3 week stall or 4 week stall you will find a number of posts on this subject - You are not alone! You have just hit the dreaded stall that most of us eventually get to. The weight loss WILL continue, you just need to stick to what you're doing and not give up on your body. It's adjusting to this new shocking lifestyle. You threw it a curve ball. It's just trying to make heads or tails of it. However you wanna call it, your body will go back to normal and you'll start losing again.

If you're looking for more information on this, there are quite a few threads I was able to find that may be helpful:

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/47671-dreaded-week-3-4-stall-any-tips-to-break-it/page__hl__%2Bweek+%2Bstall

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/48315-stalled-at-3-weeks-and-now-at-6-weeksnormal/page__hl__+week%20+stall#entry443548

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/47251-scaled-hasnt-moved-in-one-week-three-weeks-post-op/page__hl__+week%20+stall#entry432477

You will get through this!