Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So i really want kettle corn and i found the nutritional info for Healthy Pop Kettle Corn 100 cal packs. So... Can someone explain the nutritional info to me because the box says :

post-48345-13813670167271_thumb.jpg

But on MynetDiary it says this:

post-54485-13813670167982_thumb.jpg

Sooo... How much can I eat for one serving and how many calories is that? And also when you eat it, will it make my sleeve expand? Because the doctor told me to stay away from processed carbs. Id love for this to be healthy! Its food score of 4 ( 5 being the best). Someone help me!!!

post-29281-13813659545346_thumb.jpg

post-29281-13813659546156_thumb.jpg

When were you sleeved, maybe that would make a difference. Honestly, I would be terrified to eat something like this but that is just me.

When were you sleeved' date=' maybe that would make a difference. Honestly, I would be terrified to eat something like this but that is just me.[/quote']

Im 12 days post op. and ok :( i wont eat it until after i ask the nutritionist.

Didn't your nutritionist tell you what you can/can't eat after surgery?

Didn't your nutritionist tell you what you can/can't eat after surgery?

post-24159-13813670169034_thumb.jpg

This is what I got from them. Not at all detailed. So thats why im here asking you guys. I have not met the nutritionist from kaiser yet. I was sleeved in Mexico with Dr. Ortiz. So, before then, i was just trying to see if the more knowledgeable people whove been sleeved before me had heard anything. -__-

post-29281-13813659546616_thumb.jpg

This is what I got from them. Not at all detailed. So thats why im here asking you guys. I have not met the nutritionist from kaiser yet. I was sleeved in Mexico with Dr. Ortiz. So' date=' before then, i was just trying to see if the more knowledgeable people whove been sleeved before me had heard anything. -__-

Isnt that the point of these forums? To learn from each other. And for support?

[/quote']

I didn't mean to come off rude...I'm just always surprised when I hear about what people are eating right after their surgery that my nutritionist told me not to eat.

I thinks it's safe to assume that if it's not on your list, they don't want you to eat it.

I didn't mean to come off rude...I'm just always surprised when I hear about what people are eating right after their surgery that my nutritionist told me not to eat.

I thinks it's safe to assume that if it's not on your list' date=' they don't want you to eat it.[/quote']

Ok sorry if i come as defensive. I am shopping for soft foods phase thats why. The Mexico nutritionist told me if i can easily stick a for in the food its ok. Anyhoo, i found out from the other forum that i posted that the little crispy brown things inside the popped popcorn can get stuck in the suture line and told me not to eat popcorn maybe until 6 months.

I've got good & bad news for you. 1st the good. No popcorn doesn't expand it actually dissolves as long as you measure your serving size you don't have to worry about over eating it.

Now the bad news. The seed husks cn get caught in your staple line. So this is not something you want to try till about 6 weeks or later.

The stupid Mexico nutritionist was very vague n i felt like she was trying to get me out of her office. Rude. Her powerpoint basically sed whats on her TWO PAGE post op diet handout. And when i call this lady doesnt answer. Thank god for kaiser.

Honestly I think outside of the US they do not baby the sleeve as much as we do. I am receiving additional support from a friend's mom in Ireland who had RNY in January. She is constantly telling me to start eating real food because I need the nutrition. Per instruction, she went from liquids to real food without anything in between. At this point, I can see the benefit because it cuts down on the opportunity to become afraid of food, which is what has happened to me.

It is definitely too early for popcorn at 12 days post op. Even if you are past the liquid only phase, and most people are on this for two weeks, you should wait until you are on regular foods. I moved to regular food at six weeks post op. Even then, popcorn isn't the best choice but I will admit, at three months post op, I had a few bites of Kettle corn at my daughters house yesterday. This was the first time for me and this has always been my favorite snack. Hang in there.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches