Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Neenagh's Nutty Nattering

Hey Neenagh,

i think the hiatus hernia is very common (especially in people that are overweight);) . I had one aswell and heard Dr.Coburn tell the lady beside me in recovery how he fixed hers awell. It never caused me any problems but hey glad to get a little something extra outta all that money I spent.:biggrin1:

Funny story...I would be stopping my sister from seeing my hubby naked..just too weird. glad you are both recovering.

well, yesterday, I left mr. neenagh at home hacking and coughing, sniffling and whining (oops did i say that or think it???) on the couch surrounded by kleenex and a wide selection of pharmaceuticals.

What did i find when i got home? satan had possessed him! yes i repeat, SATAN. his friend came over earlier in the day with about 10 lbs of stewing lamb. did he put it in the freezer and go back to his deathbed? noooo...he braised it in olive oil and garlic, added two bottles of homemade red wine, onions, potatoes, rosemary, and gently simmered it all day.

so when i get home at 8;30, guess what i did? well, the ugly sad truth is, i confirmed my suspicion that i have no restriction and need a fill! *sigh*

I think it sounds good too. I have my first fill scheduled for 17 Oct. I don't feel any restrictions now and its sheer will power keeping me going. I'm teetering back and forth with 2 lbs. My Christmas goal seems so far away... sigh.... hope you all are having a great week!

Angel bear, try sticking on the Soup, yogurt, tuna, apple juice part of the post op diet. It really seems to work and it doesn't involve much cooking.

angel bear, with a little more restriction coming in a couple weeks, you'll be surprised how quick the pounds drop. Don't give up. Look at Mandi, last fill got her to drop alot, quickly!!

Green,

I started back on the Soup, yogurt and chicken diet that they gave me post op and the last day I feel better. Hopefully a few more days will do the trick and I'll be back to going down. Thanks for the suggestions. I'm rather scared of the fill - needles bother me. Any advice???

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm rather scared of the fill - needles bother me. Any advice???

Angel Bear: just don't look at the needle. It's bark is worse than its bite. And if needles bother you, it might freak you out to look down and see the needle just sitting there..sticking out of your port. My doc leaves it there sometimes while he reaches for something or wiggles it around to make sure it is in etc.....advice if needles bug you: don't look at it for the whole procedure...and likely all you'll feel is lil' pin prick.

Truly....with the "dreadful" experiences I've had with my fills.....I can honestly say that pain wise....it really is nothing.

You'll do great.

:)

Angel bear, I have problems with needles and my first fill is coming up soon. I am dreading it! I plan to avoid looking at the needle and talk a lot in order to distract myself. I hope this works. If this doesn't work I'm gonna take some of the left over Demerol before I go to my next needle appointment! LOL