Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Questions For Successful Sleevers

Hello All!

For those who have reached their goal or almost reached their goal weight, I am interested in finding out about stalls during your journey.

Can you please share how frequently you stalled and how long it lasted over the course of your weight loss journey.

I am not going to compare or obsess about it....but I am just curious what it MIGHT look like.

I am a little discouraged right now as I keep losing and gaining the same 1.5 pounds..... over the last few weeks.

I KNOW the stall has to stop and weight loss be more consistent for a period of time.....and then another stall apparently.....with ups and downs......and just curious what to expect.....and what it has been like for others.

I am not looking for a pep talk or any "It is will get better" type of encouragement as I am aware that it HAS to or I think I would be the only person in history to be stuck at the same weight for a year!

So anyway...would love to hear things like.....I was stalled at 4-5 weeks for 3 weeks and then lost 25 pounds before I stalled again....then again for 2 weeks at a 60 pound weight loss.....etc....or something similar to this.....if you don't mind sharing this information.

Thanks everyone for being such an inspiration to all of us who have recently joined the sleeve movement!! :rolleyes: (I am only 5 weeks out, so I guess plenty of ups and downs are in my future.)

It is funny because this is where I have ALWAYS gotten stuck......even pre-sleeve......and could never budget past this weight! Would give up....and gain ti all back.

It kinda freaks me out and I can't wait to get past it but it sure does feel good to know that I will never climb back up again!!

Thanks ahead of time to those who reply! I really appreciate your input on stalls!

First of all, as far as I know there is no definition of a "stall." Is it when you don't lose weight for one day, two days, a week, two weeks, a month?

That said, there were many, many months, including my first month after surgery, when the scale did not move for 3 days and then there sould be a drop on two or three pounds. Most months I lost 8-9 lbs, which is a little more than a quarter pound a day, As the months went on, I sometimes stayed at the same weight for longer periods. In April 2011, I stayed the same for six days and then lost half a pound, but for the month I was down 8.5 lbs. In May 2011, I stayed the same weight for 11 days, and lost only 4 lbs that month. The following month I lost 11 lbs.

What I am trying to illustrate is that if you stick to your plan and just trust that you will lose, it will be a lot easier on you emotionally. When I got on the scale and saw the same number a few days in a row, I just said to myself, "Well, maybe tomorrow."

Plateaus (I like that word better than "stall") happen. They start, they end. Take a deep breath and just move on.

My experience is like fox ins. I am pretty close to goal (5 lbs) and eat more than 4 months ago. I look at the times I don't lose as plateaus also. If I eat healthy and appropriate portion sizes, I will do fabulously. If I eat crap, I will gain weight back. It is sole logic. :)

I am about where you are and "stalled at week 3 - for 7 days!! Then started down again. I just try and do what I am supposed to - hit my Protein goal and drink lots of water! I think I am like you - and just can't believe I will be successful! I feel so much better, I tell myself I would do it again just to get where I am today!! That little self talk helps relieve my anxiety - and then when I start going down again - BONUS! I have no idea where this journey is going to take me (weight wise) - but I consider it the best gift I have ever given myself and am very thankful!

Thanks all..... for your input. I am new to this and have heard the term "stall" used on this website. I don't care whether you call it a plateau or a stall or a red rubber duckie......we all know what it is and as we are doing the right thing and eating the appropriate food......it is still inevitable that we have periods where we don't lose weight. I know it is just the way our bodies are designed to survive.

So for those that answered the question of "what did your stalls look like"......I appreciate it....so that I won't be freaked out by not losing for days or even weeks now, and still be hopeful that it will turn around.

I think that looking at it from how much did I lose in a month is a good perspective......and at this early stage I am probably weighing too often.

Thanks again for the advise and tips!