Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Urging All To Tell Co-Workers

I see many posts from folks asking for opinions on telling co-workers. I wish to share my story in hopes it will give you your answer.

While at work Tuesday (2 weeks post op) I had an episode. My BP droped and I passed out. Now keep in mind I just had my follow up Monday and all was good. This drop was a result of my weight loss and meds adjusting. My body needed to be off meds before we thought, a good thing, but a hard way of telling me. Anyway, point is, my co-workers knew my situation and were able to pass this info on to the ER. If they would not have, who knows what path the ER docs would have taken to wake me up? The doc said he had seen this before and can appear on the surface to be a suizure, heart issue or stroke. The treatment I needed is VASTLY different from the above needed treatments. Knowing what they knew they knew to check for leaks.

I was discharged today and doing great. Off all meds and hoping all is well from here.

Please tell those around you what's up, you never know.

Do I regret my surgery? Absolutely not. I wish my journey was smother but no journey is easy.

But please heed my message, bring those that my have to answer questions,when you can not into the loop. Your life may depend on it.

That's a great point! And I'm glad you're okay! I actually didn't tell all of my co-workers as I have hundreds but told those I'm close to and I know it was spread around. I'm not ashamed at all and even though I get tired of answering questions all the time, I have nothing to hide. I'm proud of my decision to get surgery!!

I am nowhere near even having a surgery date, but I've already pondered the "who to tell" topic frequently. My office is very gossipy, with my direct supervisor leading the charge, so I'm very worried that everyone will know... then again, I'm sure an extended absence and sudden, vast weight loss might tip them off too, so I think this story has inspired me that safe is better than sorry! I don't care what those gossipy crows think about me, anyway!! ;)

So glad that you are okay. Another option for those that wish to keep the surgery to themselves is to get a medical I'd Bracelet. I know there's some controversy over whether or not sleevers need them, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Sent from my iPad using VST

I see many posts from folks asking for opinions on telling co-workers. I wish to share my story in hopes it will give you your answer.

While at work Tuesday (2 weeks post op) I had an episode. My BP droped and I passed out. Now keep in mind I just had my follow up Monday and all was good. This drop was a result of my weight loss and meds adjusting. My body needed to be off meds before we thought' date=' a good thing, but a hard way of telling me. Anyway, point is, my co-workers knew my situation and were able to pass this info on to the ER. If they would not have, who knows what path the ER docs would have taken to wake me up? The doc said he had seen this before and can appear on the surface to be a suizure, heart issue or stroke. The treatment I needed is VASTLY different from the above needed treatments. Knowing what they knew they knew to check for leaks.

I was discharged today and doing great. Off all meds and hoping all is well from here.

Please tell those around you what's up, you never know.

Do I regret my surgery? Absolutely not. I wish my journey was smother but no journey is easy.

But please heed my message, bring those that my have to answer questions,when you can not into the loop. Your life may depend on it.[/quote']

Glad you ate okay!

So what are the two VASTLY different treatments?