Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Submitted To Uhc Today

finally after 6 months.....there could be one hiccup - h-pylori test done today. they said they are sending in the all the paperwork for insurance approval today, and that it's not pending the results of the h-pylori - however - if positive, surgery would be probably pushed from end of August to end of Sept....I am hoping i DO NOT get a phone call tomorrow when the lab work is back......

otherwise she said UHC was one of the better insurances to work with and we'd get something back within 7 days.... SO i won't call and bother the UHC people till next Wednesday!

I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel......

I had my answer from UHC in three days!!!

life is a journey, not a destination; so, stop running -H.D. THEROUX

wow - 3 day turnaround - that's awesome!! I hope mine gets back at least within the 7 day timeframe - the dr was making sure to put in my diabetes, high cholesterol and my bmi was 41.2 when I first weighed in....which is what UHC goes by- the initial weigh in. maybe I'll call the insurance company next Monday to follow-up, that is IF my h-pylori comes back negative....otherwise it's another 6 weeks or so.....ugh.

Yeah. I have UHC and they are QUICK! You probably won't even need to call them at all. They sent me my letter within a few days of the doctor's office submitting it and I scanned a copy to the scheduler and I was scheduled.

wow - really??? well...maybe I will hold off till middle of next week......I'm so freaking nervous about the damn h-pylori test then getting approved......

I too had awesome luck with UHC. I told them I had a scheduling problem and they had me approved in less than a week. They have paid like clockwork. I have no complaints at all with them.

In fact after seeing all the approval problems people have I am ever so grateful that I have UHC.

I had a positive H pylori blood test and then did a confirmation stool test three days later that was negative so don't give up!

I also have UHC (medica) and I was submitted on a Tuesday and approved the next day!

I have UMR, but they use UHC as their network. Anyways the coordinator from the surgeons office "called" it in yesterday and now has to submit all the paperwork. UMR said it would be at least 14 days. Still gonna call them every few days though!!!! Good luck to you!!!

Have you heard back on your H Pylori test?

No - and I'm on pins and needles,.... got sick at the office yesterday and had to go home....I know it was just my nerves and anxiety of finally reaching the 6 month goal...then to possibly have to put off surgery due to a h-pylori - please I understand the importance of the test....it just threw me for a loop yesterday. feel better today - but so hoping that they DO NOT CALL me......but I will call them around noon, just to double check....otherwise I'll go insane

2 hrs more waiting....they probably don't even get the results till noonish my luck....I suck at waiting.

Ok, is this h-pylori a standard thing? I have not heard about it from my surgeon and it is not anywhere in my paperwork. Does anyone know???

Don't know. Unless they tested for it in my pre-op bloodwork, I haven't heard of H. Pylori either in the context of WLS.

Actually my doc's office (True Results) said they don't test for this until your last appointment. However, I did hear of this test through other posts on this forum, but did not really know what it was until yesterday when I had to have the test done. I'd check with your surgeon/dr on this - have you scheduled your surgery already? As this appears to be a really bad bug that you don't want prior to surgery.

i have still not heard back from the doc office as to if I'm positive or negative for H-Pylori....they said they would call if I was positive....but the waiting is awful - i will wait till around 4:30ish and then call to check...

Actually my doc's office (True Results) said they don't test for this until your last appointment. However, I did hear of this test through other posts on this forum, but did not really know what it was until yesterday when I had to have the test done. I'd check with your surgeon/dr on this - have you scheduled your surgery already?

I'm 10 days post. My surgeon never mentioned it. Maybe I was tested and negative so she never brought it up.