Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Tomorrow! But Had To Go To Er

last night. Thought might be having gas pains, but for 3 days they wouldn't go away. I went to give my urine sample and POOF- out pops a kidney stone. That was my first and I'm SOOO thankful this happened the morning before surgery vs the morning after LOL! I have several more they say, but all 2MM or so. Surgeons office says I'm still ok to go so long as I son't start having pains again as if another is passing.

I hope and pray the pain from the surgery is nowhere near the pain from the stone!

Be sure to drink lots of Water and add cranberry pills to your daily supplements! All the best...

OMG! I'm not familiar with kidney stones. What are they? SO you just saw them in your urine? What does it look like? How'd you know it was a kidney stone?

OMG! I'm not familiar with kidney stones. What are they? SO you just saw them in your urine? What does it look like? How'd you know it was a kidney stone?

They are literal stones formed in your kidneys from excess Calcium or uric acid. Some look like cuckleburrs, others (like mine, thankfully!) are smooth. I think mine is around 2 mm, but some people have them the size of marbles and even golf balls. 6mm and under can generally pass; anything larger requires surgery or lithotripsy to break them down to a passable size.

This is the closest a man will ever come to childbirth LOL!

They are literal stones formed in your kidneys from excess Calcium or uric acid. Some look like cuckleburrs, others (like mine, thankfully!) are smooth. I think mine is around 2 mm, but some people have them the size of marbles and even golf balls. 6mm and under can generally pass; anything larger requires surgery or lithotripsy to break them down to a passable size.

OMG!!! LOLOL :P .

According to my brother- Kidney Stones are the closest men come to experiencing child birth.

Dont worry... I have had a 5mm stone and it was two weeks after my vsg.. there is just no comparison! The vsg was a walk in the park! Im glad it passed!

Yes, what Forensicchick said, I too have had both and the stones are an order of a magnitude more painful. I really experienced very little pain with the VSG, just felt crappy. However 3 bouts of stones and I NEVER want to experience that again!

My doc recommend I drink a few EmergenC Vitamin C drinks a week. I dilute the stuff with twice the Water it says to make it not as acidic on my stomach. The principle is that it acidifies your urine a lot by passing through the kidneys and keeps the stones from forming. I've not had a bout since last year. I drink 3 a week, Mon, Weds, and Fri. Can be bought at any drug store in the USA and most larger department stores.

From what I've heard from women that have experienced both, the kidney stone is worse.

That sucks! I'm so glad that it was before surgery for you! That would have been horrible post-op. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that all those evil little stones stay where they are at least until you're good and healed.

Well, had surgery yesterday morning. Thankfully, no more stones, Recovery room was rough, but everything has gotten better from there. Just had first liquid meal. Lzuri, how was your surgery?