Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Coconut Oil Convert

I LOVE THIS STUFF!!! From now on I use coconut oil for sauteing and extra-virgin oil oil for cold things. I've been reading about all the benefits of oils that don't oxidize and damage your arteries. Saturated fat is good for us! Who knew? Cereals and grains are the things that have been causing inflammation in arteries and high cholesterol is not necessarily bad.

Everything the government said was bad for us turned out to be good and vice-versa. Why am I not surprised there?

I love the taste of the coconut oil too. It does have a slightly sweet taste to it, but it agrees with me. I like the olive oil for the same reason -- it has a taste to it.

I love it too and even use it on my skin so I smell like a pina colada.

I LOVE THIS STUFF!!! From now on I use coconut oil for sauteing and extra-virgin oil oil for cold things. I've been reading about all the benefits of oils that don't oxidize and damage your arteries. Saturated fat is good for us! Who knew? Cereals and grains are the things that have been causing inflammation in arteries and high cholesterol is not necessarily bad.

Everything the government said was bad for us turned out to be good and vice-versa. Why am I not surprised there?

I love the taste of the coconut oil too. It does have a slightly sweet taste to it' date=' but it agrees with me. I like the olive oil for the same reason -- it has a taste to it.[/quote']

Follow the money, if there is a lot of money being spent to convince you something is good for you, you can bet it isn't.

I love coconut oil !!! I use it to cook and on my skin when I get out of the shower. I live here in Fl. and my family decided to go to the beach. Well needless to say we went got home and I was burnt to a crisp forgot I put on my oil that morning and cooked myself. It also worked great on my skin to heal my burn.

Tara

I really want to start using coconut oil in place of EVOO. My ex who was a fitness fanatic (irnoic isn't it? lol he is actually where I was introduced to things like Protein Shakes, coconut oil, high Protein diet etc) anyway he used to eat it and put it on just about everything and I used to look at him all sorts of weird when he would use it in cooking- though I did try things made with it and it was good just odd for me. Now I no longer think it's such a weird idea and have been meaning to try it out for myself! I love coconut anyway. And I know there are TONS of used aside from cooking for coconut oil, skin, hair etc. I've been looking to see if you can make your own and watched a few videos on it but the process looks difficult so I'll just buy a jar.

I bought some but have no idea what to use it in/on because I really do not fry anything currently. Maybe if I sautee some chicken? Ideas?

Thanks!

Does it taste at all like coconut? I've wanted to try it, but coconut is one of the only things that makes me actually gag if I try to eat it. Sometimes even the smell in tropical drinks can make me ill.

I bought some but have no idea what to use it in/on because I really do not fry anything currently. Maybe if I sautee some chicken? Ideas?

Thanks!

You can definitly use it to sautee chicken. It's my understanding you can use it any place you would use oil, butter margarine etc. A little In a pan before sautéing veggies or meat. That's prob how ill be using it but If anyone had more suggestions please post!

As far as smell and taste yea it does have a coconut flavor- not sweet though, if you've ever had shredded unsweetened coconut it tastes like that but- well oily obviously lol

Follow the money, if there is a lot of money being spent to convince you something is good for you, you can bet it isn't.

Like corn Syrup? LOL...even the paid actors in those commercials look like they know they're lying through their teeth.

Thanks!

You can use it to sautee chicken, cabbage or even use it in rice or on potatoes with cheese and some caned chili.

You can buy unflavored coconut oil also.

I use it every day after my shower, it's great for the skin.

:P Also works well in the bedroom :rolleyes:

Funny thing is, I've never tried it for cooking.

It definitely smells like coconut. If you hate coconut, you'll hate this. You can also use it in place of crisco for pie crust - not that I've had pie lately. Use it anywhere you would use butter or oil. Makes good frosting too I'm told. Some people spread it right on toast.

I use it for sauteing and for popping corn.

Okay I must be well out of date. When did coconut oil become good for us?

Sent from my iPad using VST

Okay, just googled. Wow. Funny thing is, earlier today I saw coconut oil in the nutrition section of the health food store and I was so confused! I am going to have to try this. I have a watering mouth at the thought of some fresh prawns lightly sautéd in coconut oil with Thai spices.......

Sent from my iPad using VST