Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

thanks for all the comments no matter how he feels im set gore surgery in September in scared but so excited I've been overweight.my whole life can't imagine living life without my weight being an issue.

My husband. Was all on board with my sleeve, couldn't wait. I ended 3 days in the hospital, wasn't doing very good, my husband takes another day off work so he can take care of me.( Yeah right) We get home and is is helping me get into our bed and I'm telling him.....this is the way the Dr. Said to help me and he gets mad at me and said you just wanna do it your way, no just the way the doctor said it will be less painful for me. So he just let go of me and drop me flat on my back all I could do was cry from pain.

I am new to this site but so far like what i see.I am 278 pounds right now.I am a diabetic and have high blood pressure. I am 27 years old married and have two children. My husband says in taking the easy way out in my decision to be sleeved and has made it perfectly clear that he does not support me in any shape or fashion not only will this help my self esteem but i also have many health problems.I really need a support system right now any suggestions?

He is selfish. Ignore him. This s about you.

I'm sorry that he is not being supportive. You deserve so much better than that. I agree with Toni's suggestion of bringing him to a consultation with your surgeon or something. Either way, (and I know its easier said than done) try to remember you are doing this for you. And we all know it isn't by any stretch of the imagination easy. Give it some time, maybe he will come around after thinking it over more. That really isn't something you should have to be putting up with. (((((Hugs!))))

I get the same thing from my hubby (it's easy way, if you went to the gym more, try the liquid diet and if it works why have surgery, blah blah blah). I choose to ignore it and then he gets back on board.

He knows I need to get healthy. i think somewhere it has to do with insecurity- you were big when we met & married, why are you trying to change now? I think if he feels I am trying to change me, then maybe I will want more changes. Men don't like change, IMHO.

We are here for you!

Your support is here! Hopefully your husband will see you becoming healthy and become supportive. Is he overweight as well? Perhaps the idea of you losing weight and getting healthy threatens him in some way?

I'm sorry to hear that your not alone by husband support me is very afraid of complications bring him to an appointment if he will go ... Cus I was doing some of my pre testing at the cardiologist and my husband went with me any who I told the doc that I needed to be clear cus I wanted the vsg he started smiling and was like I had that done three years ago it's the best thing and I wish I done it sooner ect. And so on but my look the surprising eyes I would have never thought but my point is that opened his mind and I'm still working on him and educating him cus all it is , is fear of the unknown