Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery date is looming before me. I am scheduled for July 30. I'm no stranger to surgery but for some reason this surgery really has me nervous.

Hope I don't call the surgeon's office and cancel.

Good morning SmartyPants,

I guess I can understand you being nervous but don't cancel!~ Think about how much better you are going to feel once you are post-op and keep going.. I haven't had surgery yet but I am nervous and both excited to have the surgery and get my life back. I think that your userid-Smartypants says it all! Keep moving and I can't wait to hear your words of encouragment and inspiration once you are about 4 to 6 months post-op...

Have a blessed day

Blann

I think you wouldn't be human if you didn't feel nervous. However, I can say that I had a sense of calmness and certainty that came over me at the hospital on surgery day (7/17).

Today, I am 9 days post op and can honestly say that I feel excited about my future. I made this decision for my future health and to extend not only my life but the quality of my life. This whole process has been one of freedom and empowerment.

When all is said and done you will be happy with the decision "YOU" made for yourself. You are strong and will do great with your surgery and recovery!

Wishing you the best!!

Be strong and trust your decision made after long thought and don't trust that instinct to run away response. This surgery has changed my life and many others on this forum and in the world. The surgery was very easy and although there have been ups and downs, I have lost 60 pounds in 3 months and 82 since my highest weight (in the last year). You will be so happy one you work out the kinks of your sleeve and will feel better almost immediately.

I was completely fine till the actual day and I was last on the list!

I actually was in gown and everything waiting in pre op and thought about going home and not doing it I was hit so bad with nerves lol

My mum came back for an hour and I talked about legging it home.

I didn’t though I just went to sleep I found it also hurt far less after than my keyhole gall bladder removal.

It’s a big deal its normal to feel the nerves and have second thoughts and stuff don’t let the feelings overwhelm you and go through the feelings don’t bottle them it will help to feel better about it.

I was completely fine till the actual day and I was last on the list!

I actually was in gown and everything waiting in pre op and thought about going home and not doing it I was hit so bad with nerves lol

My mum came back for an hour and I talked about legging it home.

I didn’t though I just went to sleep I found it also hurt far less after than my keyhole gall bladder removal.

It’s a big deal its normal to feel the nerves and have second thoughts and stuff don’t let the feelings overwhelm you and go through the feelings don’t bottle them it will help to feel better about it.

I completely get how you feel. I felt like that six days ago. I was in my gown and listening to post op advice. Then I became so overwhelmed with what its that I wanted to run. Breathe, its only a temporary feeling. You will get thru the next few days by breathing nice deep breaths in and out. This is a great time to start!

Stay calm & try not to stress. You won't regret making healthy changes in your life. Imagine all the health problems and surgeries you will be avoiding by lowering your BMI and weight. I knew I would eventually end up having a heart attack or stroke so I looked at this surgery as a lifesaver & so far so good. I am down 45 lbs in 7 weeks and looking forward to my healthy future.

I am always calmer after I have met with my doctor or read through these fora! I once asked my doctor if this was an operation lots of people have and he laughed and said "yes!" Seeing ALL these people on these lists certainly impress me and make me feel more comfortable!

Think of it this way .... this time next week, you will be sleeved and on the road to recovery and a brand new you!

I just got mine done July 23 that day I would told u this was a mistake now it's four days out I'm down 7lbs no ones taking the from me now so go wit I fully worth it beauity is pain lol

My surgery date is looming before me. I am scheduled for July 30. I'm no stranger to surgery but for some reason this surgery really has me nervous.

Hope I don't call the surgeon's office and cancel.

You can do it! We are here for you! Many great thoughts your way!

SmartyPants

I understand. I just got sleeved on 24th. At that moment I was wondering if I was doing the rt thing and was it for the rt reasons. Surgery went well. Up and walking the same day now I am at hm all I want to do is be able to drink a glass of ice Water. I cannot of course. I am frustrated, gassy, tired, and discouraged. But I still cannot wait to start seeing results. Yes I am sore but not to the point I cant stand it just like I have had another csection. So whatever you decide understand that what u r feeling is normal.

Know the feeling!! I'm July 30th also eeeek!!

Know the feeling!! I'm July 30th also eeeek!!

I so know the feeling. July 31st. I'm doing the same dang on thing as the days get closer! We'll be alright!!! Keep your eyes on the prize ladies!! Good luck to you all, and continued blessings for a safe and fast recovery!! :)