Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

105 Lbs Down Before And After Pic...or Maybe Best Said, "during Pic"

post-46492-1381366995254_thumb.jpg

Hello Sleevers and soon to be Sleevers! This feels so funny to talk about myself but, I am so Happy...I wanted to share with you all. Especially, anyone thinking they are not sure they can take a chance. You need to believe in your surgeon and yourself. Best thing for me was my support, primarily my husband who has been to ever y appointment and both surgeries (yes I had a complication requiring a second surgery and setting me back...just a bit).

Friday I went to see my surgeon and wonderful supportive staff, including Nurse and Marketing Manager...yup, Marketing Manager who was walking by and the nurse called her in...she saw my success and asked if I wanted to apply to Model in the organization's upcoming "Fashion Show", can you imagine? OH MY??

I then stood up from the table to prepare to leave and she said "oh wow look at you, you are model material". I just about fell over. Annually the Western Bariatric Institute in Reno, NV hosts a fashion show using local vendors and featuring their success stories. Apparently they have so many, you must apply to participate. But, what the heck...I will apply and see what happens.

So, we walked outside and took a photo for the application and I thought, well I would post it next to a pic taken about 5 months before my surgery on November 1, 2011 and share with you all. I am looking for full body pics and will try to post those as well.

One thing that came from the check up, was that I told my nurse, I was a little concerned because I definitely can eat more and I get hungry more often. She wants me to stick with 1100 to 1200 cals daily and add a probiotic and keep up my exercise. So, the only change was to add a probiotic. All other levels were great and my potassium is coming up, slowly but surely.

Daily:

Bariatric Advantage (BA) multi, Orange flav

BA - calcium citrate, Cherry

BA - Vitamin B-50 Complex

BA - Vitamin D

Biotin - 2 daily, 5,000mcg

Omeprosol - 1 in am (PPI)

Potassium - 4 daily (40mg)

Probiotic - kerogen 2.4 billion CFU (all I know is it puts good stuff back in your gut)

One more thing.. I bought a pair of Tommy Hilfigger Capri Pants this weekend, and I asked the young lady if the outfit was to young for my age and she said "wow, your legs look awesome", "no way, your outfit is age appropriate". It was strange because the last time I really shopped jeans and such, we all wore high wasted pants. NOT THE CASE TODAY. :)

So, thanks for letting me share and hopefully, if you are someone researching your options, this may help even if in some small way. I just know, I never thought I would be this size, and feel this way again in my life. I am thankful to all the folks here on Vertical Sleeve Talk who are supportive and who share real stories so that we could make informed decisions to make changes to our lives.

Take care

post-12408-13813659297727_thumb.jpg

You're absolutely glowing! Beautiful!

Congrats on your gooood news. You have done so well. You do look beautiful/\. Good luck with the modelig thing. Your pic really show off your wt. loss. I hope to be in your shoes next year. Maybe a few yrs older. LOL and I don't think I will ever be too old for capri pants. :)

You look fantastic. I wear capris almost everyday. You're fine. LOL

Thanks ladies, appreciate the kind words. The capri's...well they really "fit" if you know what I mean. EEK, but it was soooo fun to pull on a pair of size 12 :)

I hope you get to be in the show! How much fun that would be =) You do look incredible! Congratulations =D

You look hot! Congratulations! Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the inspiration! You look wonderful and really happy too!

@Lzuri - if I don't make it as part of the show, it will all will be okay at least they thought of me :) pretty cool!

@Style - I am just shocked when I look at the beginning pic, I let myself get there :(

@2nd time - wow we all will be successful.

@Disney - sooo love your screen name :)

@ Hadouni - I sooo want to help others, truly. I did not post a picture for a long time, but wanting to help others set me free.

@RDOACTV - appreciate your taking the time to respond.

To all - thank you, so much appreciate the kind words and support. Together and being real helps all of us succeed! I am thankful to Alex and his team for supporting this site for all of us!

Happy camping! Your story has me in tears.... Thanks for sharing and I am still pre-op battling with insurance requirements.... You have given me the motivation to keep holding on. Keep up the great work you are not only model material but also an inspiration

Xavtay2,

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond. PLEASE do hold on that you will be approved through insurance and keep reading :). I will keep fingers crossed for you!

There is still the 1 percent chance of complication but, honestly for me it was worth it. My "ah-ha" moment was when someone said to me "how many morbidly obese senior citizens do you see?". I really struggled with that because I wanted to live in retirement with my hubby so nothing was going to stop me. I did have an abscess and end up with a second surgery 15 days after I was released from my sleeve, which required treatments to grow cells/tissue in my tummy area but never have regretted my decision.

Wishing the best to you!