Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good Reminder Of Why I Wanted This In The First Place

Just got back from a short vacation in port huron, and if nothing else the trip made me a little less anxious about the upcoming surgery. I was reminded why I want to get this weight off, thats for sure. I was hot as hell, couldn't keep up with anybody, had sore legs from walking in the sand, was self conscious on the beach and in front of all my skinny cousins, and couldn't dance at the wedding cuz I was to sore from all the other activity. Couldn't hardly sleep either. My nervousness about having this done has turned into impatience. I want to get this going, everyones success stories on here have me so hopeful. So hoping it works well for me, I want next summer to be fun!

I know how you feel, I went on vacation two weeks ago to florida with the fiancés family, and it was embarrassing being scared if I was going to fit or not at the rides at Disney or Sea world, and being at the beach was just not fun at all. Every moment made me realize why this surgery was so detrimental, for my health and my lifestyle with my son and fiancé. I won't see the family again until 4 months post op and I am super excited for that moment let alone next summers family vacation.

With you sweetie! Sat through my seminar saturday and cried the whole time. I was happy for the opportunity to actually take charge of my health, I pictured myself a year past surgery, I rejoiced with those that had already made their decisions and achieved success! While Doc was giving the pep talk for those that were still unsure, I was mowing over people to be one of the first in line for my initial doc appointment. Because I am BCBS of Alabama I am required to go through 6 months of physician monitored weight loss program. I am going to be fit to be tied before it is over! I can't wait! I know it will be one of the hardest things I have ever done, but oh so worth it! Been planning a trip to Alaska for a couple of years and I am determined that I am gonna hike Denali National Park and be able to keep up with my firefighter husband that is 5 years younger and my preteen daughter! I hope with my surgery's help I can make it happen next summer too! Got to jump these insurance hurdles first! Ughhh! God is good and He will see us through girl!

You go girl. This yr. I did not even want to go on a vacation. I plan to

have alot more get up and go next summer.

Hi Mel,

I wish the best for you in your upcoming surgery. I am 5 weeks post op and just got back from a chinese buffet with my husband. lol... We used to go there all the time and pig out, but today, i had a small piece of fish and a crab w 2 small pieces of brocolli. To be honest, I had a little ice cream and a little banana pudding. I enjoyed it so much because its the first time I have done anything like that since before my surgery. I won't do dessert often, but I guess every once in a while is okay.

I was on a pre op diet for about 2 mos before surgery and lost 25 lbs. I lost another 25 lbs since surgery 5 weeks ago. I am feeling so much better, but I still have 100 more to go.

I just wanted to tell you that I love my sleeve. I have not been able to consume more than about 800 calories/day and the weight is coming off. I didn't have any pain, nausea, or anything bad after my surgery. I was tired for a couple of weeks after, but now that I upped my calories a little and am consuming some carbs, I feel great.

Let us know if there is anything you are concerned about. There are so many helpful people on this site. This support group has helped me tremendously, and by the time I went for surgery, I was not nervous in the least.

Just make sure that you have all of your questions answered and you are sure that you want this before you go for surgery. I was desparate to get the weight off since it was affecting my health and my life so much. I only only recommend this for people who are very serious about the weight loss because they are taking out a large part of your stomach, and you won't be able to gorge yourself with alot of food ever again, I don't think, but you will be happy and satisfied with the amount you can eat because you won't be so hungry anymore. The hormones that make you hungry will be gone for the most part.

I was so happy that I could not gorge myself today at the chinese restaurant like I used to do. I ate slowly, but felt like I ate a huge amount of food when I really didn't eat that much at all. But satified I was..... and I felt great.....

The only other thing that I want to say is to make sure that you go to a doctor's office that has an impecable reputation and a low complication rate. There are people that come to my doctors office from far away because they heard about their low complication rate. It's less than 1 %. I felt so good about that that I was very comfortable throughout the whole process.

I am so looking forward to the rest of this weight coming off... I hope the same for you, too.... Good Luck, and best wishes for you!

Today I went with my family to the Lowry Zoo in Tampa. Very crowded, (it was $5 day), and very hot and humid.

I did fine, walked nearly the whole time, only getting a bit tired after 4 hours. Not bad for a 63 year old who was 330 pounds this time last year. Now I'm 232. I could have never made it through this before. The heat and exertion would have put me out.

I thank God for my operation. I am a much better man for my wife, daughter, and granddaughters.

gmanbat....100 lb loss in a year... awesome and congratulations! How many calories do you eat daily now?

Thats why I love this place. everyone is going through the same things and you guys know just what to say. I am so looking forward to actually wanting to go on vacation.

I know how you feel' date=' I went on vacation two weeks ago to florida with the fiancés family, and it was embarrassing being scared if I was going to fit or not at the rides at Disney or Sea world, and being at the beach was just not fun at all. Every moment made me realize why this surgery was so detrimental, for my health and my lifestyle with my son and fiancé. I won't see the family again until 4 months post op and I am super excited for that moment let alone next summers family vacation.[/quote']

I know, right? I am so excited to hear about how you do! Lol it's nice to hear from people that know what it's like. You are gonna wow them!

Lol silly phylly, I can't wait to hear about how things progress for you! You sound so fun. Good luck!

Awesome gman! Lol youre in better shape than this 32 year old! And lorna, I love love love hearing from people that are a few steps ahead of me. Keep me posted on your progress! Can you favorite people on here?

I so agree. Vacations just aren't vacations unless your truly enjoying yourself. I can't wait to get sleeved as well. Good luck to you in your journey.

I so agree. Vacations just aren't vacations unless your truly enjoying yourself. I can't wait to get sleeved as well. Good luck to you in your journey.

You too!