Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Else Feel Like They Will Suddenly Not Lose Any More?

Maybe I am just re-living past dieting failures but this last week I have been feeling nervous that I suddenly won't lose another pound from where I am right now, no matter what I do. I journal, get plenty of Protein, do my best to get all of that Water in and havent had any bad carbs in months, do my best with activity as well though I am a bit limited at the moment with arthritis - Do you guys ever feel like this? Or folks who are a long way out - did you have that feeling too?

I think I am just freaking myself out lol. I want it so bad but I guess I've felt like such a failure with taking care of myself for so long that I still am thinking that a healthy BMI will be forever out of reach for me.

Yes, I feel that way sometimes..especially during stalls. I just keep pushing forward and keep trying to do different things to keep the scale moving. I think we just need to be patient because when we lose so much, our bodies have to make all sorts of adjustments.

Maybe I am just re-living past dieting failures but this last week I have been feeling nervous that I suddenly won't lose another pound from where I am right now' date=' no matter what I do. I journal, get plenty of Protein, do my best to get all of that Water in and havent had any bad carbs in months, do my best with activity as well though I am a bit limited at the moment with arthritis - Do you guys ever feel like this? Or folks who are a long way out - did you have that feeling too?

I think I am just freaking myself out lol. I want it so bad but I guess I've felt like such a failure with taking care of myself for so long that I still am thinking that a healthy BMI will be forever out of reach for me.[/quote']

I am feeling the same since last two weeks....my scale moved a lil bit after 2 month stall and haven't moved since then.i m freaking out too ...feels like I will never lose weight again!superbly distressed these days!

Sent from my iPad using VST

I'm definitely with you, Chimera. It's just an emotional roller-coaster that we all go through.

That is a big definite yes.

I am typing this as a non sleever right now so forgive me. I have really been watching what I eat, when I eat, etc for a long time now and have been on a slow drop for a while. We started the Biggest Loser at work a couple weeks ago and I have dropped a good bit. As I weighed in yesterday morning, I realized that I have hit the weight that I stalled at 4 years ago. That was THE STALL OF ALL STALLS!!! I am not kidding at all. I had been watching everything I ate, I was jogging between 9-18 miles a week, no alcohol, NOTHING!!! I tried changing up my diet, my exercise, fluids, Protein up/down, carb cycling, detoxing, colon cleanse, fasting, increasing calories, you name it and I did it and I could not budge off of 315. I have been doing great the last couple weeks but after I saw 315 on the scale yesterday, I almost had a nervous breakdown! Not even kidding because I remember how that went last time. Now granted I am currently as low as I have been in 4 years, I am getting very nervous that it's gonna happen again! I know how you feel and wish you the best! I plan on keep on doing what I am doing and hopefully fight thru it. Thats all I think I can do..... Good luck.

I think we all have these feelings from time to time when we hit the "stall wall". I just try to focus on exercise and eating right, and try not to focus so much on the scale. I know it is easier said than done, which is why I say that tongue and cheek. Hang in there

I can relate - I just came off of a set point weight that I lingered at for years, when I would lose I would gain right back up to it and stop - until I eventually gain past it. Losing past it has been a bit of a challenge. I am approaching my 8th week post vsg (saturday) and losses are starting to slow. I think I am getting into the pattern that I will probably experience through the rest of this journey - lose a pound or two and then stay at that weight for days to a week - I have not yet experienced a stall that lasts a few weeks, with all of the great support and advice here I hope to weather it gracefully as so many others do.

Looking at the trend over weeks is something that makes me feel better - such as what weight I was at last month on this day - that is when I see a better number. I think my goals are reasonable, and that is 10 lbs a month.

I'm only 11 days out of surgery and I initially lost a lot of weight, immediately pre- and post-surgery (26 lbs). But after about day 7, I noticed that there were a couple days in which the scale didn't move at all. Today was one of them. I know it's not healthful to lose more than a certain amount per week, but it was like a stab in the heart this morning when I weighed just as much today as I did yesterday. I'm not doing anything different diet- or exercise-wise, so I know it's just a waiting game. But still...ugh. I got used to being two pounds lighter each day. :(

Yup! Most definately.. . I've been the same weight for the past 2 years now. . . not that it bothers me. . .at least i'm not 350 + lbs anymore, but i sure would've loved to lose enough to get to my own personal goal of 170 lbs. . . but i surpassed the doctors goal of 212 lbs and now i houver around 200 - 210 lbs. I've tried killing myself with exercise, eating way less then 800 calories, doing the 5 day pouch test, etc etc etc. . . I've tried going back on Adkins Protein only, weight watchers, and Jenny Craig, nothing moved the weight. . .that is ok, cause i feel great, look good and am proud of my accomplishment thusfar. . . what is to be will be i suppose but at least i was not a sleeve failure.

I have these thoughts now and then. It is really easy to go there in your mind, especially if you dont see the scales move.

At first my scales moved almost every day, but now coming up to 10 months (and 147 pounds) the losses are alot slower. I will see the same number range for a couple of weeks and then suddenly my body just goes, ok I can survive at this weight and I loose some more.

There will come a point where your body will slow down or stop, it is really important that you are comfortable and happy in what you have achieved. I am now 9kgs (20 pounds) from my goal weight but I am comfortable and confident in my body, the work I have done to get here and how I have lost the almost 150 pounds.

I have these thoughts now and then. It is really easy to go there in your mind, especially if you dont see the scales move.

At first my scales moved almost every day, but now coming up to 10 months (and 147 pounds) the losses are alot slower. I will see the same number range for a couple of weeks and then suddenly my body just goes, ok I can survive at this weight and I loose some more.

There will come a point where your body will slow down or stop, it is really important that you are comfortable and happy in what you have achieved. I am now 9kgs (20 pounds) from my goal weight but I am comfortable and confident in my body, the work I have done to get here and how I have lost the almost 150 pounds.

That is incredible!

I think we get too hung up on the scales and that includes me! I am down 42lb (including pre-op) and I was sleeved on 3 April. I read these pages more than I post so I know that is not a fast loss and I have to be careful not to constantly compare myself to others. In addition to these lbs I have lost inches. I measure bust, waist, hips,left thigh,left upper arm and neck and my inches loss is 28.5 inches!! I try to weigh and measure just once a week and it is a relief when the scale does not move to see the tape measure move. I have not had a single week where neither the scale or measurement don't change, plenty where it was only one or the other. So I strongly encourage everyone to measure themselves especially if you are not satisfied with the rate of loss or if you are in a stall.

That is incredible!

Thanks Parkers Dad :)

Oh, definitely normal - at least for me - to have those thoughts, and I still have quite a way to go. I just keep telling myself that if others have reached the goal I want to reach, I can do it, too. And then continue to worry until the next time I see a loss on the scale :-)

I am still PREOP but have found that turmeric supplements help reduce flatulence. I have no idea whether this will work POSTOP. But I will certainly try the supplements post surgery.