Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Advice Im 21 Yrs Old And Im 3 Weeks Post-Op And Im Getting Tired That I Can't Have At Least One Bite Of Foods I Love.

Ok so I dont wanna sound like a wennie. But Im Mexican-American and I love food. Im addicted to food that is why I had surgery. SO i wouldnt eat in BIG servings. But Im getting tired of the fact that I havent found a Protein that I feel ok with, and I can;t have at least one bit of foods I enjoyed pre-op. ughhhhhhh Its frustrating I cant even go out to a bbq anymore. Im at one right now and everyone is enjoying food carne asada Beans rice guacamole chips salsa sour cream and I can't ughhhhhhhhhhhhh, Im going crazy here. I at least wanna eat pinto beans with rice and sour cream and a little bit of red salsa its not like im gonna eat a lot anyways . I can only have a bout an oz or 2 . Does anyone else miss their food?

I think we all do. I know it's hard to be at a bbq especially at only 3 weeks out. I'm on Purees and I'll be six weeks out tomorrow.

Just keep going back inside your head to why you are doing this. Next year, you will be able to have a smidgen of each of the stuff you are missing this year, next year you may not even miss some of the stuff and you will find other ways to enjoy yourself and hopefully food will be more about nourishment and the BBQ will be more of a happy event to visit with family, friends.

It is very hard, I agree with you. I went to one on 4th of July which was my one month anniversary and I drank Water, while other's drank, ate and my husband had the biggest plate of food and ate three Desserts, sitting next to me. Admittedly, I hope he ended up with a big pile of Constipation the next day, but I sat and smiled while everyone ate and drank and was merry. Next year, it will be my year, this summer I work hard and next summer, will be different.

Keep your chin up and realize one thing. You are doing this at 21 years old. You have the rest of your life ahead of you. Some of us are 49 years old and wish we were as smart as you to take care of this issue at 21. Be proud of what you have done and keep striving to put 100% effort into it and you will succeed.

I know everyone's doc is different but have you looked at your allowance for 3 weeks? I was allowed refried Beans at 3 weeks. I used a teeny bit of sour cream and I felt like I was eating a steak! It will get better!! I am almost 5 weeks post op and I am handling things much much better!

I wasn't over weight at 21 Only since I been diabetic 1998. I'm almost 5 mo post op. I'm near goal wt. I can eat anything I want. But bad carbs make me feel bad. So eating those chips or greasy foods may taste good for a few seconds. The bad feeling last much longer. I think long n head before I eat junk food. N less healthy. Also healthy meats and fruit veggies. Are more feeling and satisfying. U hungry fast after bad carbs. Sounds like your addicted to food. Try Celebrate recovery. I went to a meeting cause my gf was singing. And I shared I had wls. Omg 3 other ladies also had. 2 ladies didn't kick their food issue. And gained all the wt back and they had RNY

Ok so I dont wanna sound like a wennie. But Im Mexican-American and I love food. Im addicted to food that is why I had surgery. SO i wouldnt eat in BIG servings. But Im getting tired of the fact that I havent found a Protein that I feel ok with' date=' and I can;t have at least one bit of foods I enjoyed pre-op. ughhhhhhh Its frustrating I cant even go out to a bbq anymore. Im at one right now and everyone is enjoying food carne asada Beans rice guacamole chips salsa sour cream and I can't ughhhhhhhhhhhhh, Im going crazy here. I at least wanna eat pinto Beans with rice and sour cream and a little bit of red salsa its not like im gonna eat a lot anyways . I can only have a bout an oz or 2 . Does anyone else miss their food?[/quote']

I was eating refriedbeans and guacamole at three weeks. Are you still on the liquid phase of your diet?

Ok so I dont wanna sound like a wennie. But Im Mexican-American and I love food. Im addicted to food that is why I had surgery. SO i wouldnt eat in BIG servings. But Im getting tired of the fact that I havent found a Protein that I feel ok with, and I can;t have at least one bit of foods I enjoyed pre-op. ughhhhhhh Its frustrating I cant even go out to a bbq anymore. Im at one right now and everyone is enjoying food carne asada Beans rice guacamole chips salsa sour cream and I can't ughhhhhhhhhhhhh, Im going crazy here. I at least wanna eat pinto Beans with rice and sour cream and a little bit of red salsa its not like im gonna eat a lot anyways . I can only have a bout an oz or 2 . Does anyone else miss their food?

It's hard for everyone to adjust. A few weeks after I had surgery I had to go out to a birthday celebration dinner with my parents, my grandparents, and a couple they were friends with. My parents and grandparents knew I had surgery, but I don't think my grandparents really got it. They are super nice and keep offering people things until they accept. So I managed to make it through dinner with a bowl of Soup and not much attention. But then it was time for dessert. Good grief. Between my grandparents and their friends practically throwing their dessert in my face, I just couldn't take it anymore. I had to run to the bathroom b/c I started crying. But it passes. I promise. It's like a break up. It sucks in the beginning, but it gets better. And in the end you can show your punk ex (food) how hot you are and how much better you are with out him. ;)

Think how skinny and beautiful you will be you have your whole life ahead of you to eat mexican food stay focused on why you did this

Sent from my SPH-D700 using VST

Thanks to everyone else that said good answers and was nice about my situation <3 and for those who understood me ;-)

I am one month post op and eating soft foods. I too miss certain foods like chips and salsa, but I ask myself "will eating this really make me feel better/happy?" I think of the times where I would eat myself into a coma and how I NEVER actually felt good or happy when I ate that way.

If you are craving something, take a bite chew and chew, then spit it out.

Karen I'm kind of like you. When I was younger I could eat huge orations like a man. Fter 35 I gained 90 lbs eating like that. I had surgery on 6/25. My head still craves some things but I'm on mushies and losing really slow. My sleeve restricts me to about 1/4 cup. If I eat 1/2 cup I feel too full. I know by this time next year I will be able to eat very small amounts of some things I like. If you are on soft /mushies you can get taco bell's pintos and cheese and add a little sour cream. Hang in there, you will get to your goal slowly and you will be thankful you did this. Take care ????

Eat your Beans sweetheart and enjoy every bite! You can have them!! Salsa and sour cream too!

The beginning is the hardest! Remember this! I remember going to a birthday party and drank my Protein Shake and nothing else. The first 2 months as you add foods, you are relearning to eat. You are relearning your full signals, you relearning your wants, and you are learning what works. Stay strong and follow the recommendations of your surgeon, they are there for a reason! Good luck and stay strong!

I am a week post-op and am beginning my puree stage tomorrow. I AM SO EXCITED! Not a Soup every day kinda gal! I went to Kroger, and actually, their organic section has a TON of viable options. I am looking forward to vegetables, chicken, and some cottage cheese! Also..."Amy's" makes some frozen dinners that are low in sugar and fat grams. I don't know what everyone else's restrictions are, but I have a 2g sugar and 11g fat limitation. It was NOT hard at all finding good foods within necessity! Good luck to you!