Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need some help please

I am on solids. today I has some Pasta (spaghetti) with a lot of sauce. I cut it into small pieces and had a small bowl.

I guess I still have my old habits when it comes to pasta. I know I shouldn't have been eating carbs so please don't bust me for that. Anyway... I def ate too much. It is just sitting there. No slime, no pb. I tried Water since we are not supposed to drink while eating because it will push the food down easier. Water went down just fine so no blockage.

Tried some hot broth to it down-nothing.

It is really uncomfortable and annoying. It is just sitting there like big lump just under my boobs since about noon today (its 7:00 pm here). I walked around an outside mall a lot today, no help. I tried holding my breath-nothing. I am burping occasionally (some pretty big!) -nothing is coming up thank goodness. It sounds like the golfball you all talk about but I can drink and no slime/pb.

Any advice?? Will this feeling ever go away on its own? If I still have it tonight is it ok to lay down, maybe being horizontal will keep it in there longer? I am not in pain just uncomfortable and slightly worried-can you dilate a pouch with one golfball???

:help:

Time becomes your friend with this problem. Sometimes I force myself to take a walk or move around a little, it seems to relieve the pressure for me. Or, maybe it just helps take my mind off of it. Otherwise, I'm not sure what else you can do. I wouldn't eat anything more until you feel better though. Sorry, that's the best advice I've got. Feel better!

Thanks guys, I am trying stretching and walking. Now I'll try the left side.

It is so very wierd I can kind of feel it trying to move. I am burping pretty hardily but no pb. I guess if that were going to happen it would have happened right away. I'm trying and trying!

Sit it out. It will get better. This same thing has happened to me, too...I love spaghetti, and carbs (or any food for that matter) is (are?) not the enemy. Food is not the enemy. Portion size and moderation are the keys to this. Eating spaghetti was not the problem here anyway...it's the amount, or how fast you ate, or something like that. We've all most likely done it. I sure have!

Hope you feel better soon...the left side thing works!

I have two things that always bring up stuck foods. One is to take a small drink of coke, which always works for me. The other, I thought was kind of strange when suggested to me, but once I tried it, it worked is to lay on your bed with your head hanging over almost touching the floor and let gravity work its course.

Oh, I eat (good quality wholegrain) carbs all the time, my diet is primarily carb based, I need them for energy and I dont function well without them. I've lost plenty of weight, have only 11kg to go to goal in fact. Pasta was and remains one of my favourite foods.

Carbs arent the enemy, although by all means avoid them if you prefer a low carb diet or if they dont agree with you/your band wont tolerate them. But I'd suspect you ate too fast or ate too much in this instance. The only answer is to wait it out and dont eat again till you're feeling normal.

Keep an eye on it, if it is not better in the morning call your Dr. because even though you say the Water is going through , there still could be some blockage. I had a girlfriend who had a piece of hot dog stuck for days , water went through fine but she had blockage, do not want to scare you but want to make you aware...definately take it easy tomorrow with thesolids you may have some swelling going on there if it has been sitting there al lthis time.

Thanks everyone-its starting to move around-I def ate too much. Bad habits are hard to break. I appreciate everyones help so much.

Isn't it great to be able to get advice from those with experience. While I am not having your problem today, I have had in the past...thinking 3 days ago, and I am sworn off hotdogs!!! I know this info will come in handy!!! THIS is the LBT I love!!!

Kat

Would papaya enzyme help, or is that primarily for stuck Protein?

I ALSO THOUGHT THEY MAYBE HELPFUL, NO?

supplements.com/benefits-of-papaya-enzymes.html" rel="external nofollow">http://www.quality-nutritional-supplements.com/benefits-of-papaya-enzymes.html

I ALSO THOUGHT THEY MAYBE HELPFUL, NO?

supplements.com/benefits-of-papaya-enzymes.html" rel="external nofollow">http://www.quality-nutritional-supplements.com/benefits-of-papaya-enzymes.html

Papaya will help. Its the natural form of rolaids.

I love it preband- Im hoping I wont have to experience the need post band but since I still am the same person Im sure I will test it at somepoint!