Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok so I am over a year out, & I have seen/not seen (turning a blind eye) that I can eat way more than when I first had surgery. Well I was watching my fav dr, Dr Oz, and he was raving about these things called Chia Seeds. He said they did wonderful things like fill you up and keep you full longer. They are filled with wonderful omega's, Protein, & Fiber. I was like hmmm really...

Well I went to my little health food store and purchased some. I tried them & I honestly feel like I just had my surgery (quanity wise). I can not eat much at all. I am talking like within weeks of surgery, when my tummy was swollen and 2-3 spoons of runny mashed potatoes filled me up. And I can not go back later and try eating more(grazing) as the chia seeds stick with you.

Ok is this stuff for real? I am in love so far. I have even started working back out again. If it is just all in my mind maybe it does not matter since it is getting me motivated and up and moving again, fighting the good fight, you know?

Chia seeds are a wonderful thing :)

Hummmm, I might try these on my hubby! He's always hungry and eats like a horse. LOL. Thank you for sharing this. How much weight have you lost and when were you sleeved? I am 9 months out and surprised on how much I can eat. Are you at goal? How did you know when you had reached your goal if you are at goal? I find myself waffling back and forth with my goal. LOL :)

I heard about that episode and I missed it so I looked up chia seeds online. I know when I start needing that full feeling again,,I'm buying some! Here's a link to some interesting information about them.

http://www.living-foods.com/articles/chia.html

I always mix them in with my yogurt.

And THIS is why I love this place!!! Looked em up, read a few reviews/sites/blogs and they sound awesome! Especially since you can add them to anything and they will take on the taste of that food and may even enhance it.

Funny thing I read and then researched for sure.....these are the same seeds as what is on the Chia Pet....remember, the animal that "grows". Yep makes sense when you see the seeds absorb all the liquid you give them and turns into a gel.

Excited, will get some from health food store soon!

Does anybody know how far out from surgery before you can safely eat these? I'm only a month post op...

Yup but be careful, er, with the gas til you can "feel" them out - they can be tricky exiting, if you know what I mean.

You can make very filling smoothies and ice juicers AND a tea that is very similar to tapioca!!!

Hummmm, I might try these on my hubby! He's always hungry and eats like a horse. LOL. Thank you for sharing this. How much weight have you lost and when were you sleeved? I am 9 months out and surprised on how much I can eat. Are you at goal? How did you know when you had reached your goal if you are at goal? I find myself waffling back and forth with my goal. LOL :)

I am actually not at goal numbers-wise I guess I should say. My clothes goal was a single digit size. My goal numbers wise I dont know, still don't know.

I started at 298lbs, was sleeved 12-14-2010. Lowest weight 171lb but with my turning a blind eye and grazing on horrible food& did I mention I hadnt seen the gym in ages I managed to go back to 190lb. :(

Well I stopped fooling myself and purchased these seeds, eating right& kicked my own butt at the gym so I am down 1lb in 1 day. Thank God I have my sleeve to help or I would consider it a lost cause and just accept the weight with open arms or should I say open mouth, lol. Thank u guys for listening. It always encourages me to pick myself up and get back on the wagon.

AnewMe..can I ask what the time span it took for you to put 19 pounds back on? I think it's good to educate ourselves, especially us newer sleevers, to know that it is possible to gain weight even with sleeve. It's awesome you are getting back on track!

Thanks for this tip! I think I need to remember these seeds when I'm PMS'ing and craving everything under the sun :-)

These sound great, can you get them at a GNC or do you have to order them online?

AnewMe..can I ask what the time span it took for you to put 19 pounds back on? I think it's good to educate ourselves, especially us newer sleevers, to know that it is possible to gain weight even with sleeve. It's awesome you are getting back on track!

I stopped going to the gym and eating right, before Thanksgiving. And I just started getting back on track this week. It took a while but I was not eating correctly & also not working out. I didnt even jump on the scale.

These sound great, can you get them at a GNC or do you have to order them online?

I went over to GNC and picked up two bags, they have a buy 1 get 1 for half off special going on right now, so I was happy with the price. I am loving them. I sipped on my Protein shake/seed mix after my workout yesterday that was around 5pm,& I could not eat anything else for the rest of the night. And that is great bc I didn't undo my whole day. Got up this morning and had lost 2.8lbs so I feel like a rockstar who is motivated to go the extra mile at the gym today. LOL my new saying is Yay Sleeve&Seeds!!!

Are they hard seeds like flax? I'm gonna check these out... but again, how soon post op can we eat these? Do they soften up?