Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Emailed Dr. Garcia/no Response

I had surgery in May with Dr. Garcia. I sent him an email with a post op question on Friday. So far no response. I am kind of disappointed with no reply. I'm giving it another day or so before I contact the company who booked the surgery (osi solutions) to see if they can assist. Don't get me wrong ...I am not unhappy about my surgery ...or the results so far... But geeze... I wish there was some follow up!

Do you have his phone number or email to Melissa at the hospital? She is always super quick at answering emails

melly@obesityintl.com

I would post this in his reviews - the follow up is an important step, and the bad or mediocre should be listed with the good.

@ made2beme.. Who is melissa? lol I went through Alma at Ready4Achange and she is the only contact so far that I have. I have heard about Melissa and Rosie.. Who did you go through? what Co?

@ made2beme.. Who is melissa? lol I went through alma at Ready4Achange and she is the only contact so far that I have. I have heard about Melissa and Rosie.. Who did you go through? what Co?

Melissa is the patient advocate at the actual hosptial. She works with Dr. Garcia and for Obesity solutions international. So, I am thinking that she would be able to ask any "medical - post op questions" directly to Dr. Garica or get a msg to him.

I went through Ready4Achange also and I speak with Alma on a weekly basis, she is great too....but coordinator vs person actually at the hospital with the Dr. Id pick the latter to ask post-op questions to ya know. We wont meet Alma when we go (she is in San Antonio) but we will meet Melissa!

If you have any issues or questions - you can contact Melissa too...she has been awesome!

I would post this in his reviews - the follow up is an important step, and the bad or mediocre should be listed with the good.

Man, people are so quick to want to post those "negative reviews". I can think of so many legitimate reasons why the Dr. may not have responded yet. Especially being that only 1 email has been sent 1 time to 1 person.....I may have taken a differnet approach, but that is just me.

It's not a negative review, it is pointing out another part of the process...people come here and read these posts just for this type of information. What was good, bad and mediocre.

With our care politeness over why something was is ok...just mention it too to be safe, and spare people glowing, glossy reviews of a process that actually may have been less than.

It is a patient asking a physician a question after abdominal surgery, not a friend failing to respond after you asked them if they were free this weekend.

Great suggestion Pooleyism. I will put this in the review section as well. I'm with you also.. this isn't negative just an honest account of the follow up. It is really hard to choose an out of the country surgeon. I try and remember what it was like trying to sort through all of the info. This is info I would have liked to know.

Do you have his phone number or email to Melissa at the hospital? She is always super quick at answering emails

melly@obesityintl.com

I almost forgot about her... She will be my next email if I don't hear back from Garcia today. Thanks for the suggestion!

I also believe it is too quick to put it in his reviews. He is very busy. He teaches everyday plus does surgeries. The doctors in the US do not answer their own emails either. (I work for one) The nurses are the ones that go through the emails and answer questions. I would contact the coordinator so she can ask him what you need to know. I think it is a bit hasty to put a negative review about not responding quick enough to an email.

I also believe it is too quick to put it in his reviews. He is very busy. He teaches everyday plus does surgeries. The doctors in the US do not answere their own emails either. (I work for one) The nurses are the ones that go through the emails and answer questions. I would contact the coordinator so she can ask him what you need to know. I think it is a bit hasty to put a negative review about not responding quick enough to an email.

Agree - but everyone feels differently I guess. Just like on another post about an infection, I really dont think that if I would have read a review about a patient that sent an email directly to the Dr. and hadnt heard back quickly enough (and it was over the weekend) that would make me think twice about choosing that doctor.

I really think that because we have chosen to go to Mexico our surgeons are scrutinized so closely that eventually they will do something "against the rules" and Baamm....lets get that posted on the reviews ASAP! I honestly can not say in my 35 yrs and number of surgeries and health issues I have EVER, EVER talked directly to the doctor after I have left the hospital or office for a follow up question. It is always the nurse and even then I have to call/email more than once sometimes. So, in this case that is why I suggested Melissa.

I guess that is just part of the territory when we chose to go out of the country......to each there own as we are all different with different expectations.

I work for large & well known medical facility in AZ. It would be very rare for a Doctor to Email you. You would go though his nurses who would triage the situation & then respond to your question.

I was just released from Dr Garcia yesterday, he tol me to contact Rosie or Melly with any questions.

I was given a list of name & phone numbers when I left the hospital. In fact Rosie clalled me last night & is coming by today to see me.

Debi

I work for large & well known medical facility in AZ. It would be very rare for a Doctor to Email you. You would go though his nurses who would triage the situation & then respond to your question.

I was just released from Dr Garcia yesterday, he tol me to contact Rosie or Melly with any questions.

I was given a list of name & phone numbers when I left the hospital. In fact Rosie clalled me last night & is coming by today to see me.

Debi

I am having surgery with Doctor Garcia can you give me any feedback? I would like to know if you had to use converters for your electronics? Did you wear a hospital gown walking around or what? Hope everything went well for you, and the Marriott is cozy.

I am having surgery with Doctor Garcia can you give me any feedback? I would like to know if you had to use converters for your electronics? Did you wear a hospital gown walking around or what? Hope everything went well for you, and the Marriott is cozy.

I wore my clothes. You can wear your hospital gown some did but I chose to wear my shorts and a T-shirt. No you do not need any converters. The Marriott is great! The bed is amazing and you have so many pillows it is perfect.

I wore my clothes. You can wear your hospital gown some did but I chose to wear my shorts and a T-shirt. No you do not need any converters. The Marriott is great! The bed is amazing and you have so many pillows it is perfect.

Thank you for the info. I'll be there on Tuesday:)

Just to follow up. I never did get a response from Dr. Garcia. I also want to make it clear that I never would have emailed or called a US doctor directly. The only reason I sent him the email directly because that was what I was told to do when I left the hospital. His card with contact info had been provided to me if I had any questions or concerns. I forwarded my email question to Melissa and within just a couple of hours I had the an answer!