Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It upsets me that some people have such fast resolution, and schedule surgery only 7 months from their first doctor visit; while others (like me) get strung along for 11, 12, even 13 months. It feels unjust and unfair, so we're frustrated.

I would have LOVED to have moved through the process that quickly- I would have been sleeved March 1st instead of having to wait until August 1st.

Hi everyone!! I started with my PCP on June 22, I had a BMI of 40, I have to do six months monitored diet. I am going to be pushing the 35.5 with comorbity limit. My PCP is still wanting me to loose as much as possible. Really!!!! hope I do not get denied. I can only loose 22 lbs is 5 more months with the 2 week liquid diet. My PCP is saying that I am not trying because I am loosing very little at a time. I am hoping he doesn't note I am not compliant. Stuck on what to do. Loose as much as possible and get denied or not try and loose very little and be considered not compliant. Any advice???

I totally understand. I had to be put on a waiting list for 12-15 months and then do their program which takes 6 months. I was put on wait list January 2011 and will have surgery in October. I feel like it can't come soon enough!! I'm soooo ready.

Hey everyone! My first appt was in March and i just got my surgery date fir Aug 15th! Hang in there it will all be worth it! I guess no insurance company is alike nor are the doctors... I noticed a lot of differences in insurance request just by reading all these post. I too had to go through all the testing and what not and a 3month diet with my nut but i made it! My doctor is Dr Wade Barker of Dallas,TX... Has anyone on here used him? He is a TopDoc of Dallas/Ft.Worth area

Lorena I am also in the DFW area. I live in Mansfield. I am going through Dr. Harrison in Arlington

Hi nice to meet you Bmarion! I was beggining to wonder if anyone on here was from TX...so how far away are you from surgery? I just got my date thid past tues!

Still jumping hoops for the insurance. I do not have a surgery date yet still hoping to get approval.

My first appt was in March and i just got my surgery date fir Aug 15th!

I think this is the new record for shortest wait... 5 months.

I totally understand. I had to be put on a waiting list for 12-15 months and then do their program which takes 6 months. I was put on wait list January 2011 and will have surgery in October.

New record for longest wait.., 22 months!

I've been waiting for 36 months now! United healthcare wouldn't accept 3 of my 5 weights! Come hell or high Water I WILL be sleeved this next year!!

I've been waiting for 36 months now! United healthcare wouldn't accept 3 of my 5 weights! Come hell or high Water I WILL be sleeved this next year!!

I had United Healthcare and they held up my surgery for three months. Here is the deal, you have to have a co-morbidity and you have to have a doctor that is pretty high standing in this community. I gave up and my doctor's office pushed it through by getting in touch with the right people at UH. Honestly, they were happy that I had the surgery, because they are saving money on not having to buy me diabetic supplies. It is up to your doctor's office to push it through.

I have type 2 diabetes so hopefully it will be approved through aetna.My insuance is privately funded through the company I work for so hopefully it will not be to difficult. Week 7 of thhe physician monitored diet.

Keeping my mouth shut :-x. I have heard only good things about approvals from my insurance. Had my first consultation June 26 and hope to be sleeved by end of Sept. but anything can change at any moment with insurance companies.

Hope all goes well with your approval wished my would go as quickly.

I to have Aetna hope it goes well for me I have 5 months of the diet and the eval hope to be sleeve for Christmas or bring in the new year