Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!

Well, one month out and on regular foods, and I had to be stupid enough to put my sleeve to the test. It was my daughters 4th birthday, so for lunch I made homemade Mac & cheese(her request). I had a few bites of that and it went down almost TOO well. Pasta, specifically Mac and cheese was one of my trigger foods. Iwas even able to eat a bite of cake, no problem. Didn't like it, but that's fine- I don't need cake.

Then dinner came around and I made crab cakes. They were smaller than the palm of my hand And I used low fat may and crackers for a binder. My husband said "that looks, pretty big!". Did I listen? No- I ate a whole crab cake. Now I am madly pacing trying not to lose my crab cake!

How can I be so stupid? What is this going to look like in 5 years? I hope I continue to move forward with my weightloss and not sabotage myself and be back to where I started before my sleeve.

Try not to stress over it too much. Knowing is half the battle, so don't overdo it and stress yourself again. I know it is hard to resist sometimes but we do have the sleeve to remind us...LOL! So I hope you don't lose the crabcake and your tummy settles down soon.

I have not been sleeved yet but I've been on enough diets to know that rule 1 is to recognize when you screwed up. You did that. You realize the consequences and won't make the same mistake again. What's done is done but the way you are handling it is a very positive sign for the future. Stop beating yourself up and learn from this, which is sounds like you already have.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches