Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Massachusetts Bandsters Chat

Hi SherryW, I haven't posted in ages due to health problems in the family. I am having a problem gaining weight. I am soooo surprised you had a second surgery. Good luck!! I see Dr. Jones and June next Wed. I can't keep food down with a fill but without I gain. I hope they have a solution. Maybe if I can check in here more often, I can get my momentum back. Hi to everyone. I still haven't learned how to make a chart.

Nanavivian

Banded March 2007 with Dr. Jones, BIDMC

Had lost 53

Gained back 10

Hey Everyone!

I just got my surgery date! June 19th at Lahey Clinic Burlington!

i wish i had found this post earlier!! my name is amy, im from springfield Ma. Im married with 2 children. I was banded on march 20th 2009, and feel pretty good, ive lost 11 since surg and 17 total, not the best numbers, but happy anyway. if anyone is in my area , we should get together. drop me a line!

amy

Hi SherryW, I haven't posted in ages due to health problems in the family. I am having a problem gaining weight. I am soooo surprised you had a second surgery. Good luck!! I see Dr. Jones and June next Wed. I can't keep food down with a fill but without I gain. I hope they have a solution. Maybe if I can check in here more often, I can get my momentum back. Hi to everyone. I still haven't learned how to make a chart.

Nanavivian

Banded March 2007 with Dr. Jones, BIDMC

Had lost 53

Gained back 10

I felt the same way for a really long time. But, I found out I had problems they referred to as "user error"..... in other words, I didn't follow directions as carefully as I should have. I ate too fast, drank while eating, chewed sparingly, and ate all of the wrong things. There has to be a happy medium in terms of having a fill and not having any fill---even a slight fill? I also ran into problems because I wasn't eating enough, so I stopped losing weight. If you carefully journal what you're eating, you can track how many calories work for your body. We're all different. What works for me may not/will not work for you. When you're ready to focus on yourself (unusual for a woman, I know....) you'll figure it all out. Good luck!! :thumbdown:

Hi LUV2teach2, Thanks for your input. I had a very small fill.

So far, so good, but I haven't tried "real food" yet. Lost 6 lbs. on the liquid and mushies. Tomorrow, Easter, I am going

to try Ham and mashed potatoes. But, I find I have to eat

very, very little to lose weight. I am 68 and not tooo active.

I have also had hip replacement. But I am going to try the

treadmill soon. But, you are right, what works for one, doesn't work for another. Nice talking to you. I sure hope this little fill works. And good luck to you.:cool2: Hi to everyone.

Nanavivian

Banded - March 2007 By Dr. Jones - Beth Israel:smile2:

Hi Sherry, wondering how you are doing since the revision and also how plans for the support group in Taunton are coming along--

I was banded in Dec 08, live south of Boston and think that there must be quite a few of us in the area who would enjoy getting together.

HELP!! I had my first fill in 6 months yesterday afternoon. Back when my surgeon had a Physician's Assistant, she would carefully put in .5CC or less every time. (I've had a few small fills and un-fills over the course of my first year.) Yesterday was a completely different experience. My surgeon did the fill himself. I can't believe how painful it was! I am so glad to have slept through his work before. He also put in 1 entire CC, though I only wanted a "slight" fill.....I woke up last night with what I can only imagine was reflux---but I haven't eaten anything since noon yesterday. I am having a tough time with even drinking Water. It just feels like I'm bloated and it sitting in my stomach, to the point where it's more comfortable for me to throw it back up. Am I being overly sensitive because I forget what it's like to have restriction, or am I over-filled???? I will have to give it another day before calling to see him again because work is too busy today, but I'm wondering if I should plan to go back to get some taken out. Good news is that I'm not hungry. Bad news is that I feel bloated and funky, even without having had any water since 1:00 this morning, when I had that awful reflux experience. Ideas? Suggestions? Thanks in advance.....

Luv2Teach:

Sounds like you are too tight. liquids only today and then see how it goes, but I get tighter on the second or third day than on the first. If you can't keep liquids down call for an emergency unfill right away. It's bad to be too tight!

I hope you feel better soon.

Sue

Hi Luv2teech7:

I hope you are feeling better I have not been band (may14)yet! Maybe you have a little swelling from the band adjustment It may take 2 or 3 day for the swelling to decrease before you feel back to normal

Good Luck

Drecronis

HI, its great to see fellow Bostonians and people from Mass doing so well with the Band... I am just starting I have my psych eval and nutritional apt with Tufts NEMC in 2 weeks exactly. I am starting to get nervous LOL. When I got the appointment at first I thought "Jeesh why so far away" and now I am like wait I need more info is this Really what I want to do?? But the answer is YES. I NEED to do this and I know this and my anxiety about the whole process is getting the better of me. I feel relieved hearing about everyones experience the Highs and Lows. And am trying to calm my nerves LOL. I wish I knew more people who got banded at Tufts Nemc... But thats ok, I can just share my experience and hopefully help the next person...

Ok, it's been nearly 2 months since I last posted. I since had an unfill of that entire fill and ran one more 5K. This time, I waited until the 5K was OVER before going back for another fill. I had a .5CC fill on Monday and now feel great. I have some restriction, but not so much that I'm uncomfortable. I haven't really eaten much in the way of solids yet, but I have that great feeling that I had when I originally was banded---of the food moving down slowly, like when the Water drains from the tub!

I have really struggled with losing weight in the past few months. I'd like to think I can drop the other 35 I want to lose, but the scale isn't working with me. I'm hoping this fill will help. I'm also going to cut back on the running and lifting this summer and play more with the kids at my camp. :biggrin: Good luck to all of you.

eyezchu22, even with struggles, I wouldn't trade my decision to be banded for the world. I love my band. It has helped me change my life in ways I never thought possible! Good luck to you! :redface: Paige

Hi, I was banded in Sept, just recently started feeling restriction, and am once again enjoying everyday life to the fullest, emotionally so far anyway :eek:, I know the "physically" part will come in time :tt1:

ps...can anyone help me figure out how to set up my ticker?

HI everyone, my name is Heidi, I'm 31, a mum to 3 little girls. I was banded sept 25, 2008. I'm looking for support or maybe a buddy in my area. I live in groveland Ma, near haverhill ma , plaistow Nh, newburyport. Anyone???

Hi Heidi

Welcome :biggrin:

I'm fairly new to this site & am liking it lots so far...very informational & the people across the forum are very nice.

What type of band do you have?

Hi Heidi

Welcome :)

I'm fairly new to this site & am liking it lots so far...very informational & the people across the forum are very nice.

What type of band do you have?

Hi there!

Yes, I like this place too. I got the Lap Band Sept 25th 08. :-)