Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So after all the hard work I had to do to get an approval, my lovely husband gets fired from Fedex yesterday. Therefore, we also lost our health insurance as of today. :( :( :( :( He was told he could get COBRA and pay the full premium....which is fine, the problem is....I will have to resubmit my claim and get an approval. I don't think im that lucky. Soo sad...I jus want to cry and never get out my bed.

So after all the hard work I had to do to get an approval, my lovely husband gets fired from Fedex yesterday. Therefore, we also lost our health insurance as of today. :( :( :( :( He was told he could get COBRA and pay the full premium....which is fine, the problem is....I will have to resubmit my claim and get an approval. I don't think im that lucky. Soo sad...I jus want to cry and never get out my bed.

Are you positive you have to resubmit? Cobra just carries on with no loss in coverage, you just become responsible for the premium each month. I would check into that if you have not already. I am sorry to hear this.

It should continue on as the same insurance carrier which means there should not be a need to resubmit anything. I did insurance for several years and once the terminated employee accepted COBRA it was almost as if they were still an employee with the levels of coverage that they got.

Seriously? Omg I really hope I can still have my surgery. Thank you all.

The same thing happened to me I got injured at my job and got fired. I was soo close I had everything done just needed to send the papers to the insurance for approval. And that's when I got fired. I was so angry and sad at the same time I didn't know what to do. So after a couple of month later I decided to go to mx and do mysurgery. I'm still injured still fighting my case with lawyers. But I got my date for surgery is next month. I decided nothing was stopping me to get healthy.surgery date is August 9 with Dr. Almanza .

Best wishes to you.

The same thing happened to me I got injured at my job and got fired. I was soo close I had everything done just needed to send the papers to the insurance for approval. And that's when I got fired. I was so angry and sad at the same time I didn't know what to do. So after a couple of month later I decided to go to mx and do mysurgery. I'm still injured still fighting my case with lawyers. But I got my date for surgery is next month. I decided nothing was stopping me to get healthy.surgery date is August 9 with Dr. Almanza .

Best wishes to you.

Worse comes to worst...I will be traveling to Mexico!

You are.??? So u getting ur surgery in Mexico.? When? Who's ur doctor?

Well, if things don't work out with COBRA, I will no other choice but to travel to Mexico.

It should continue without an lapse in coverage. Mine did when I was let go when the company I worked for closed.

I am really sorry about your situation though. But double check bc I think you should be ok!

It should continue without an lapse in coverage. Mine did when I was let go when the company I worked for closed.

I am really sorry about your situation though. But double check bc I think you should be ok!

Thank you! :-) I was told to wait until COBRA was active.

Oh i'm very sorry to hear this! Hopefully, with the COBRA you can just go as planned! As others said, with no lapse in coverage, you shouldn't have to repeat anything. Good luck and keep us posted!

Hopefully you will get your surgery here one cobra kicks in.

Let us know what happens, I like happy endings! As for jobs assuming your husband was not white collar, North Dakota is looking for oil workers. My friends little brother has no degree and works 12 hrs a day 7 days a week for 3 weeks (company runs 2 12 hr shifts daily) then comes home to his family for 3 weeks. Makes 80 grand a year, and when he is away will be to tired to screw around on ya. Just putting ideas out!