Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 3.5 weeks post op. I lost 22# the first 11 days but have been the same weight plus a pound or two since then. Now I know all about the two week stall, but part of me is convinced that I done losing weight and will never loose anymore. Does anyone have any trucks to jump start the weight loss again and kick this stall? I'm very disheartened over this....

Stick to the diet your doc provided! I had a stall at the 2 week mark and it didn't start again until the 4 week mark! Yes a 2 weeks stall! But now I am down 20kg since may 15th, my surgeryday!

done losing weight and will never loose anymore.

Happy2Bme

hi there

When anyone hits a stall it is very upsetting. all you can do is ride the wave, and it will eventually be gone. (the stall, not the wave) :lol:

i hear so much about people stalling, at 4 months i said yea i have not had a stall. Two weeks later i had a 3 1/2 week stall :angry:

I should never have jinxed myself :mellow:

stalls happen, but they eventulaly will be gone. We just have to be patient.

good luck

kathy

Stick to it and you will lose! I think the one thing I wasn't prepared for was the days where the scaled didn't budge. I'd think how could I possibly be the same weight because I'm not eating much at all! I am now 8months out and I've sort of seen a pattern. I will have days and/or weeks where the scale will move like crazy...then other days and/or weeks it'll stand still BUT I will see a loss in inches. I sort of think of it as my body taking a minute to reshape itself. Just stick with the plan and concentrate on the positives....22lbs is no joke my friend!! :-)

My psych told me when I was in the pre-op stage. No matter what the scale says, follow the diet. Our bodies have to catch up with the shock that we have put them in. I went under general anaesthesia 4 times in a 45 day period. I had lost 40 pounds in the first two weeks after surgery (including pre-op diet). I have just recently started losing again. I actually had almost an 8 week stall but have now lost 11+ pounds in the last 3 days.

Keep on keeping on and your body will eventually know you mean business. Work with your nutritionist on what/how much to eat. Mine actually told me I wasn't eating enough. Have faith, the sleeve does work.