Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have gained 130 lbs over the last 5 years... Uggghh... Recently I received pre-approval from my insurance company to have the gastric sleeve surgery.. Yippee.. I am super excited. My surgeons office requires other testing prior to scheduling a surgery date. I had my psych eval and nutrition consult last week and am scheduled to see a pulmonologist for clearance on July 10th. Looking for tips regarding the stage i'm at? When should I start preparing for the 2 week liquid diet prior to surgery? Any clue on how much longer it will take until I can schedule a date?

I went "cold turkey" on the pre-op diet. Had my last meal the night before, and was totally ready to start it by the time it came. I advise don't start too soon, wait till your doctor says to start it.

Thanks SophieJane :-)

I agree dont start early but I did start cutting back to make the transition easier. My hardest day was 3,4 and the last 2 days of the two weeks. I cant remember when I gad a full meal. Literally.

I have gained 130 lbs over the last 5 years... Uggghh... Recently I received pre-approval from my insurance company to have the gastric sleeve surgery.. Yippee.. I am super excited. My surgeons office requires other testing prior to scheduling a surgery date. I had my psych eval and nutrition consult last week and am scheduled to see a pulmonologist for clearance on July 10th. Looking for tips regarding the stage i'm at? When should I start preparing for the 2 week liquid diet prior to surgery? Any clue on how much longer it will take until I can schedule a date?

I just did my pre admission today and i only have to do Clear liquids the day before surgery. Maybe you can be that lucky too. From what i have seen each Dr is a case by case bases. Gold luck to u

I just did my pre admission today and i only have to do Clear Liquids the day before surgery. Maybe you can be that lucky too. From what i have seen each Dr is a case by case bases. Gold luck to u

They definitely are all different because mine Is the same way as yours and only requires clear liquids the day before(and magnesium citrate for umm cleaning lol)

Good Luck ladies!!

I started watching what I ate, making healthier choices, and logging all of my food on MFP a month or so before surgery. I also did the back to basics bootcamp challenge on this site 5 days before my doc's official pre-op, all liquid, diet. I can say, for me, it was best to wean myself into the pre-op diet rather than go cold turkey. I also worked out 6-7 days a week leading up to surgery. Once I made the commitment to have this surgery I made the commitment to change my life forever. No last meals or food funerals.

Sent from my iPad using VST