Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

im just wondering if any of you have any regrets about getting the sleeve? im having mine sometime in august. i have started to get worried.... biggest worry- dying and leaving my 2 baby girls... im sure it crosses everyones mind! i am extremely excited to get a new chace at life, dont get me wrong. my best friend has the band and she is very regretful- she doesnt follow a correct diet and is always dumping and is a compulsive eater. her band can be removed but our stomachs cannot be replaced, sooo... any regrets guys??? p.s. so happy i found this forum!

I was sleeved in March, and so far no regrets, i was scared leading up to my surgery date but I think that is normal. I have had no complications and think this is the best thing i have ever done.

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm scheduled for sometime in August too and have the same fear. I don't want to have the surgery then after say to myself "why couldn't I just eat less and do it the natural way". There are so many not so good stories on this site and that scares me a lot!! Other than being 90 pounds over weight, I'm healthy. I don't want to acquire problems from the surgery. I originally thought I would have the surgery, I would heal, eat less, lose weight, and have a great new life. From what I'm reading, it's like a battle to be normal again and that scares me!!!! I'm really on the fence. I was really gung how before I joined this site. Now, not so much. I don't know what to do,

Everyone goes through that pre-op jitters and it is very normal.

I dont regret having this surgery one bit. I just regret that I hadnt heard about this sooner. I'm almost 30 so I would have loved to have had the surgery in my early 20s so that I would have enjoyed my life to the fullest. But I plan on doing just that from now on - enjoy my life to the fullest.

You'll be fine - dont worry! I pray for you and wish you a safe surgery and speedy recovery!! :)

My only regret is not getting it done sooner. I also regret worrying so much about what other people would think of me for getting it done. I know myself better than anyone else, and I know this is the best thing for me.

It's perfectly natural to worry before any surgery. Just try to stay focused on the positive, and keep picturing yourself being a more active and healthy parent to those two little girls!

I'm glad someone else admitted they were worried about dying! I know it's super rare, but I watch a lot of medical dramas on TV where people are always dying in surgery. It gives you an unrealistic idea. Anyway, I did go ahead and make an advanced directive so that in case anything awful happens my wishes will be known and followed.

Well I am just a week post-op tomorrow and have regreted getting the surgery done since the day after surgery. I was an emotional eater and turned to food for comfort. I feel like somebody belong to me has died. I am mourning food more then I could have imagined. I wonder why I didnt just do it on my own but deep down I know I couldnt and thats why I got the surgery to start with. Everyone says this shall past and I hope they are right. I am never hungry but I still want all those foods that are forbiden. I am terrified that my life will not return to normal. Id like to pass ne thing on to those who are "on the fence" Emotionaly prepare yourself cause it is by far the most emotionaly thing I have ever gone throu. I lost my dad 5 years ago and It kinda feels the same way. I hope this is normal and I get better but right now my future looks more like torture then bright :(

I had my sleeve surgery in February and have lost 65lbs. Now, I have zero regrets. But, I will say I was not prepared for the emotional part at first either. I will just say it all gets better. I feel totally normal now and can eat more than I thought I was going to be able too, the beauty is, just can't over do it. Hang in there, it will get better. The first 6 to 8 weeks is the hardest.

Well I am just a week post-op tomorrow and have regreted getting the surgery done since the day after surgery. I was an emotional eater and turned to food for comfort. I feel like somebody belong to me has died. I am mourning food more then I could have imagined. I wonder why I didnt just do it on my own but deep down I know I couldnt and thats why I got the surgery to start with. Everyone says this shall past and I hope they are right. I am never hungry but I still want all those foods that are forbiden. I am terrified that my life will not return to normal. Id like to pass ne thing on to those who are "on the fence" Emotionaly prepare yourself cause it is by far the most emotionaly thing I have ever gone throu. I lost my dad 5 years ago and It kinda feels the same way. I hope this is normal and I get better but right now my future looks more like torture then bright :(

I am 5 days post-op & have had the same feelings, but remember YOU WILL EAT AGAIN. You just wont be able to stuff yourself. You will still be able to eat the things you enjoy. It will just take awhile. I have to keep telling myself this. "I will eat that again....in moderation" . I feel like garbage right now too, but theres no turning back. We just need to get past the first couple weeks!!!

I will be two weeks out on Tuesday. It is a major adjustment in the beginning, but I don't have any regrets. I just know, based on what I have read on this forum & others, that things will get better...good luck!

Littlebits

I have been back and forth w my decision to have surgery. Now at two months today I am happier than ever. Forget the fact that the weight it now falling off of me. All those medical issues such as pre diabetic , high cholesterol High triglycerides etc are all gone. When I got that phone call from the doc I didn't have anymore regrets

I'm 3 months out and - while I am positive about the surgery because of the results - I still have my moments. I miss eating a "normal" meal the most, especially after taking a couple of bites of an amazing dish and having to stop eating because I'm already full. Also, I have osteoarthritis and I cannot take any NSAID anti-inflammatories any more, such as aspirin or Ibuprofen, so I'm stuck with pain pills or steroids. Things I don't miss? The 105 pounds of fat I've lost and the huge fat clothes that I've thrown away because I know they'll never be needed again. Is it worth it? All things considered, I think it is and I would probably do it again. Is it easy? No. I have to dig down deep and pull myself out of the doldrums several times a week. You are undergoing major surgery (with a history of minimal complications and a very low mortality rate) and facing a lifetime commitment. Can you be 100% sure you're doing the right thing without hesitation before surgery? Probably not, and I think that is very common and also very normal. Everybody's mileage varies and only you can do what you feel is best for yourself. I think, in the long run, that this is a very positive step towards an exciting, new life as a "normal" person. Best of luck!

No regrets but I had my bypass done on the 25 th of June my birthday is on the 2th of July.!! And the 4th is here to I know I can make it it's hard I cooked for my family yesterday I did ok

Because I know it's going to get better.and I'm

doing this for my health and I have to stay strong it will have a good out come. I will have a birthday next year and i can go to the beach then and I will

Look good and my health will be good ...

Oh, I had a few regrets right after the surgery when I was in considerable pain and wondering just that: Why couldn't I just have more will power and lose weight the regular way? The same in the first two or three weeks, since it is a time of MAJOR adjustment - as much as I had read about everything beforehand, I still wasn't prepared for the emotional impact of not being able to eat. But now, four months post-op? Not a single regret!!! I now know that I could NEVER have done this on my own, and certainly never maintained on my own. I am feeling great, still have a way to go but looking a lot better than I was a few months ago, and I know that this is something I can stick to for the rest of my life. I think that the best part for me is my changing relationship with food - my head is in a much healthier place, and that makes all the difference.