Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6Mo 10D Post Op Update. (Weight Loss, Weight Goals, Leak, Hairloss, Etc)

hey guys!

a lot of you may know me from the complications section of this site but in case you dont, im jasleeve! i wanted to update you guys on everything that has been going on. you can find out more about my journey on youtube.com/jasleeve. i go into details about everything!

quick run through..

im 23 from ny.

i was sleeved on dec 20th, 2011.

i started at 273lbs.

2wk pre op & first 3wks post op were hard being that i couldnt drink Protein shakes. i lived on Water only. 4th&5th week were better after getting in food. it was also when i threw up bile 2x. after contacting my nurse practioner, i was sent for a 2nd swallow test (1st one was taken day after surgery & showed no leak). thats where my world crumbled! they found a leak. i was hospitalized for 2 wks & they placed a stent in me. long story short, the stent made me horribly sick. i threw up constantly every single day. after several ER visits, 3 emergency surgeries, & billion dr appts, no eating the entire month, no picc line & 1 month later, they removed the stent & it has been uphill since!

i have EXCESSIVE hairloss which is so depressing! i had hair down past my butt. very thick & full. now, i am literally going bald. :'( ive upped my Protein, take Biotin pills & biosil drops. nothing works.

as far as weightloss goes, im now 180 as of a few days ago. i lost a total of 93lbs! i feel great. yes, i get sick if i eat the wrong foods at times. i dont count carbs or calories. i live my life as i choose to. but i do lean towards healthier foods because those sit better in me.

i want to go down to 165 & see how i look & if im not where i want to be, ill go down to 145.

i went from a size 18-20 in stretch jeans to a size 8 in stretch jeans.

i have yet to step foot inside a gym but i plan to, soon!

my confidence has multiplied. im beautiful and happy with my results. i have some insecurities but who doesnt?

would i have surgery again if i had to?

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!! the risks are too great for me to go thru again.

for my ladies!!

men... you may not want to read on.

as far as pcos goes, i get my period every month now but its not always on time. i am sometimes a few days early and sometimes a few days late.

as far as boobs go, i was a 42-44DDD. well, i stuffed my boobs in them! now, i am a 36DDD. only thing is, the DDD is still too small but i have lost boobs!!!! they even have extra skin now & they sag but still have some perkyness to them.

i DEFINITELY want a boob job!

lol. lets see what happens.

I am glad you are doing better! I pray you heal completely and enjoy the new you :D

I wasn't on the sight 6 months ago. SCARY! I know things happen, but like all of us presleevers, I pray it doesn't happen to me! Mainly because I'm self pay. Any problems, my insurance won't cover it! Even SCARIER!

Your post always scare me to death!!! I've been reading for months now. I'm really so happy you are ok and doing better! I'm 6 weeks out and I think of you often and wondered how you were doing. The hell you have been through is unbelievable. I still constantly worry about a leak. I've never thrown up though at all since surgery and I just pray all the time about this terrible complication. No one deserves to go through what you have. I wonder if when we don't have to worry anymore. I've heard of people having leaks 7 months out. Although, very rare, they do happen. Again, I'm so glad you are ok. God Bless!! :)

thank you love!

I am glad you are doing better! I pray you heal completely and enjoy the new you :D

that is very scary! but i am praying for you. my best advice is hope for the best but prepare for the worst! i thought id be sleeved & it would be uphill from there. healing from surgery wasnt bad. healing from the leak was hell. i never thought in a billion years that it would happen but it did. :(

I wasn't on the sight 6 months ago. SCARY! I know things happen, but like all of us presleevers, I pray it doesn't happen to me! Mainly because I'm self pay. Any problems, my insurance won't cover it! Even SCARIER!

I love this website and my new family!

yikes!!!!! 7months out? u just scared me to death!!! the thought of going thru another leak, wow. id tell them to keep me in the hospital the entire time. i cant imagine. ugh!

Your post always scare me to death!!! I've been reading for months now. I'm really so happy you are ok and doing better! I'm 6 weeks out and I think of you often and wondered how you were doing. The hell you have been through is unbelievable. I still constantly worry about a leak. I've never thrown up though at all since surgery and I just pray all the time about this terrible complication. No one deserves to go through what you have. I wonder if when we don't have to worry anymore. I've heard of people having leaks 7 months out. Although, very rare, they do happen. Again, I'm so glad you are ok. God Bless!! :)

that is very scary! but i am praying for you. my best advice is hope for the best but prepare for the worst! i thought id be sleeved & it would be uphill from there. healing from surgery wasnt bad. healing from the leak was hell. i never thought in a billion years that it would happen but it did. :(

I'm glad you feel back to normal! And feel better about yourself...even if you wouldn't do it again! At least you have lost, and it wasn't for nothing! This may sound horrible of me, but I'm so miserable with me and my weight, if I "don't make it" I'm ok with that. I know where I'm going if I die. I just don't want to be a financial burden if complications, ya know...

let me say this, pre-op i said the same. i wanted to lose the weight so bad that i wouldve sold my soul for it. but going thru that hell, man... i regretted it. i wanted it to stop! everyone kept saying, "youre sick but atleast u lost x amount of weight." and all i could think was F**K that. i wouldve prefered to gain that weight than lose it and go thru all the bs. all i prayed for was to get better and get to live!!! because i felt so sick and swore i was going to die one day.

so u may feel like u r ok with dying until it seems like death is staring you in the face. it doesnt seem worth it anymore,

I'm glad you feel back to normal! And feel better about yourself...even if you wouldn't do it again! At least you have lost, and it wasn't for nothing! This may sound horrible of me, but I'm so miserable with me and my weight, if I "don't make it" I'm ok with that. I know where I'm going if I die. I just don't want to be a financial burden if complications, ya know...

Yea I understand your feelings. I did not have the complication You had and still doubted my decision to have the sleeve. But now I am so glad I did I could not have lost this weight without it. Good Luck with your recovery and future weight loss. Be Happy with your self.

I'm so glad to hear you are doing better! I hope and pray that the leak is healed completely and you remain healthy! Leaks is my worst nightmare too. I have also read about the leaks being discovered very late post-op, but they are very rare.

Congrats on the weight loss!! I pray for your health and wellbeing! :)

ive recovered, thank god. its been about 3 months since my leak. thank god

Yea I understand your feelings. I did not have the complication You had and still doubted my decision to have the sleeve. But now I am so glad I did I could not have lost this weight without it. Good Luck with your recovery and future weight loss. Be Happy with your self.

well it better be healed completely since its been about 3months lol. i believe all is well tho. thank you <3

I'm so glad to hear you are doing better! I hope and pray that the leak is healed completely and you remain healthy! Leaks is my worst nightmare too. I have also read about the leaks being discovered very late post-op, but they are very rare.

Congrats on the weight loss!! I pray for your health and wellbeing! :)

JA, so good to see you!! I've been on since August and remember reading your posts.

Thank God your well. You are such a beautiful young lady, you look just like my daughter, Ashley. She's almost your same age(25).

Take Care!!

Sent from my iPhone using VST