Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

O U C H... Sympathy please!

Here are pics of my port rejection. Notice the redness around the port site. That is all tender and hot to touch.

post-204009-13813131244452_thumb.jpg

Wow, impressive red hot circle, and no one was concerned about this but you??? Being a nurse it must have scared the crap out of you!! What part of good aftercare does Lopez not understand??

Take Care,

Kathy

amen Kathy. Good thing I was a nurse otherwise I would not have been so aggressive or understood what was going on. It just boggles my mind that they are so matter of fact about everything.

It is beginning to be painful now. It feels like the port is gonna fall out of my abdomen. I know it won't but it feels like that. I am finding myself holding my abdomen when I go to stand or walk now. There are sharp pains running through the left side down passed my waist so I am concerned what that means. It could be that the muscle is affected now which would NOT be good. Will only know after the port is taken out. At this point I am just ready to have it out. They are gonna do a fill before it comes out so that is good.

Will keep you posted and have more pics after the surgery and when I get home.

My nerves are rattled about the earthquake in TJ so I can't even come back with a wisecrack. Up, down, up, down. One more day sitting at work with this flipping alien trying to escape... If I can make it just one more day.

OMG Penni, we posted at the exact time so my response sounded so uncaring - it was directed at Donali, but just playing. Holy crap, your infection looks worse than mine. My incision looks worse, but my red spot was a fraction smaller and all centered around the incision. Holy smoke, I can feel the hot from here.

What facility will you be in? I'll be at the San Francisco Hospital in TJ, staying overnight. Hopefully being released Friday. I'll have my car on the SD side. Let's play it by ear, but if I feel well, I might drive to the Valley to visit on my way home to see lil' brother. Meeting all you wonderful people has suddenly added tremendous options to my life. I have peeps everywhere! We all do. You all have a home in Vegas... well, you gotta love furbabies!

My thoughts are with you both!! I just want to rush you both in to the operating room and fix you myself. I'm sure if Gross Darcy was with me we could do it!!!:D:( :( I feel like I am on pins and needles just waiting to find out how everything is going to go for you both. I can't imagine how it must feel for you.

Kathy

I'd rather have you and Gross Darcy do it than go to Mexico. I'm going bed now so I can get this day over with! See you guys tomorrow!

Lisa, please let someone come with you to Mexico. Two people can hear something in an entirely different way. If you don't feel like driving back to Vegas, your friend can drive for you. You are not being co-dependent. I'd be very, very concerned if you wer trying to make this drive and surgery all by your self. Nothing is going to go wrong. But you always need a back up plan in case there's a change in the routine. A second person with you will be able to listen and get vital info. for you. Hopefully the child will stay home. That would not be a fun trip for a child. You sound like you have a great supportive friend, that's more that willing to go on this adventure with you. Hang in there. Then return home safely....

Again I get to read all of these post just before going to bed. I can't believe all of this.

I have been checking my incisions like crazy, I was banded 2 weeks later by Dr. Lopez. Mine look and feel fine, healed faster than any other surgery I have had. The super glue worked great for me.

You are now going to see Dr. Kuri? What happened with Lopez?

Did I miss something in the post? And you are going Thursday? I am going to have to check these boards from work, I am getting way behind in them.

Infections and rejections oh my gosh!!

All I can say is I wish you both, a quick recovery from all of this. My thoughts are with you both.

Take care,

Kathy

Dr. Lopez

May 21, 2004

I woke up at 3am and couldn't fall back asleep - too excited that today is my last day of working with this thing - I hope. I want my friend to come as well, but I won't allow a child along. I've always been the surgical patient with problems, and this is nothing in comparison to what I went through when I had RK surgery to correct my vision, which was worse than horrifying. I just hope that one day my body will accept a port. Kathy, e-mail me at work today. I'm going to try to stay off the boards all day because my attorney needs me, and I haven't been there for him. He's really understanding of my problem, but I'm going to try to get a bunch of work done for him today since I'll be out of the office a few days. If you guys see me posting, yell at me or block me for the day. I'm addicted to you people!

Wow, Penni -

That looks pretty awful... :D

And Lisa - I thought the child care was all arranged?!?! Boy, I go to sleep for a few hours, and look what happens! :(

I wish both you girls speeding and uneventful recoveries.

Hi Lisa and Penni,

I really, really hope they get this all taken for you both and don't think they should charge you a cent. I would be having an absolute fit with them. Weirdly enough I saw someone post in the mexicanbandsters page and her sister had to have her port removed in April for the same reasons and guess who her doctor was... you guessed it Dr. Lopez. I know you all don't think this is a doctor related problem but I thought two so close together was coincidental but three I think it more serious. I, like Kathy keep checking my wounds frequently. They all seem fine though.

I had a question... A couple of people have mentioned their wounds were glued. Nora told me mine was glued when she was picking my brother and i up from the hospital but once I got home I discovered what look like stitch string type material coming out of the ends of each wound, so I decided from there on out that they had actually been stitched. Can anyone clarify what they had done or if they did both stitches and glue? I am thinking of you both Penni and Lisa and want an update as soon as it is possible. Best wishes, Teresa

Teresa: The stitch type material is the glue as it hardens and breaks up. I noticed the same thing myself. Of course I am just guessing about this not having actually seen what you are referring to. Is the material black or is it light colored?

Just to give everyone a heads up. I got a phone call from Ann Marie last night who runs the website www.belighter.com and schedules lots of patients for Dr. Lopez among other surgeons. She and I discussed the U.S. Liason position and she is talking to Dr. Lopez about hiring me. The person she had in mind declined the position. So, I will keep you guys posted on if I get the job or not. If so then things will get better or at least when someone has a problem or question it will get answered in a timely manner. SHESH!!!

The redness isn't as bad this morning. The pain isn't as intense as it was yesterday. But the area that was protruding has returned and is more tender. SO it is a good thing I see Dr. Lopez tomorrow.

I will have my laptop tonight but tomorrow I won't be online unless I am feeling better than I think I will.

Chat later

Here's the no-down on Lopez (lo-down isn't appropriate since stuff just doesn't happen.)

A month ago when I began leaving messages for Carmen I specifically said "call my cell" and left the number every time. Over a week later there was a message on my home machine from her. Gosh, how many times can I say "cell number" knowing I work days and won't get home message till night? Plus they have all our numbers in our files. Naturally she didn't answer when I called back.

Then all the B.S. you guys already heard, which brings us to Monday when I finally got Lopez on the line. I asked him several times for the "emergency 24 hour number" they promised after my surgery, but he just kept promising he'd call me directly today. I repeated 3 times "at this number" and he said, "yes, at this number" which was my work number. I'm home now but my work buddy took over listening for my phone, and no call from Lopez.

Get this though. I come home to message on my home machine, duh! From Dr. Carmen, stating "now my phone is working and I understand you've been having problems, and Dr. Lopez wants to talk to you so please call." This raised the stressometer. He promised over and over to call my work number. Remember the other day I even posted the time as 9:11 a.m. Monday when Carmen heard me yelling into her line that I had an emergency? And I heard her repeat my name and number? But she leaves a message on my home machine today for a flipping emergency? Claiming phone problems? And there's only one phone in Mexico? I'd like to see her cell phone bill to see how broken her phone really is.

So Lopez let me down again.

As far as my incision, let's think about it under a new light. There are teens and adults paying a fortune for body piercings. If they can have bars sticking through their tongues, why can't I have a LOOP sticking out of my abdomen? Yes, now that I've desensitized the issue, it has graduated from the tube protruding to an entire loop of tube. I freaked. When I changed the bandage and saw the loop I went frazzley, freaked the heck out! Bumping into walls like a broken Cherry 2000, walking in circles, mumbling, freaking. So I called Kuri's office at 6:30 a.m. to leave a message for the receptionist to call me with a nearby hotel cuz I wanted to get there sooner. You'll never believe what happened; he answered the phone. Him, Dr. Kuri in person! The doctor! I was floored. He has his calls transferred to his house and answers them all hours! Wow.

So, my babies, I'm popping a Lortab, slipping an earring through my loop, putting on the purple bra, and heading for the border. Babs will be here soon to pick me up - she's driving! You guys will know before hubby, who will have to find out about my loop and more immediate plans from the note I left. We're stating at a hotel tonight and walking to the hospital in the morn (right around the corner.)

Sorry I can't answer posts but I'm rushing to get clothes together... hard finding stuff that's not binding or too hot. See you soon!

I"ll miss you guys.

xoxox

Lisa

AAAAACKCKKKKK!!!! You go girl!! Make a run for the border!!!

You better call me, too, when you get here!

Safe travels, and don't forget the slutty red glove. :D