Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wheezy Whispers-AKA September's Goals

Green, so sad for you. You have certainly gone through a lot. Better days to come and Good Luck tomorrow. This is your time now. Keep us posted, I will be thinking of you

Yep, I did go through a very bad period of my life. It seemed as though my life was littered with bodies (for what I told you was the worst of it but not all of it). Anyhow, I get cut tomorrow. I have to be there at 10 ay em and the op is at 11. I am scared but smiling. I am ready for this, that's fer sure. My final farewell food tour dinner is 2 more barely cooked filet, with fresh tomatoes and garlic. I am also gonna eat cauliflower done up in cheese sauce made with skim milk, eh.:heh: Green's food tour ends here!!!!!

Keep them toenails crossed, eh, because Green's going in.:kiss2:

Well I weighed myself today and I lost one of the pounds I had gained. So now to meet my 8 lb goal for Sept. I have to lose 9. I'm still thinking about the gym........

Question

I had a Dairy Queen Kid's cone today, I ate some and then my puppy had the rest. That's not really cheating is it?

Cheating on what? No diets allowed! If you're talking about your post-op diet... then, no... it's liquidy/mushy... probably ok if you'd chewed/mushed the cone too.

I had a blizzard 5 days after surgery... and I just had one last weekend!

Speaking of which... I have 5.6 lbs to go to make my goal. I'm sorry guys... you probably hate me, saying I just had a Blizzard, and still losing 2.4 lbs this week. BUT... just so you know, I don't eat much during the day (morning/noon/night).

today:

- 5 mini-wheats and enough milk to soak 'em

- coffee

- half a deli sandwich from Subway

- (chinese leftovers) 1.5 chicken balls, 2tbsp rice, "" chow mein, a bite of a spring roll

I don't actually measure... those are guesses.

So yeah, 2.4lbs so far this month. Making my *total* 55lbs exactly... plus I'm in the unchartered territory known as the 220's!

Mandi,

I'm sometimes a little confused about how I should be eating. I was thinking the other day I should start on Weight Watchers. I've always been on or thinking of being on some sort of diet. I have to review my post surgery dietary notes

Thanks

Question

Has anyone found a liquid Multivitamin? If you have where did you find it. All I could find in liquid form was for infants. I have chewable ones but I am having trouble with the taste. I have this thing, once I don't like the taste even just a little bit, I won't take it. I thought that if I could find a liquid one, I could get it down if I plug my nose and not have to taste it so much!!

Hi Argon, congrat's on your weight loss,:clap2: my weigh in day is Monday, so of course because it was Labour day weekend we did not have a weigh in.

I will post my weight loss this coming Monday, i hope it will be as good as yours.

Keep it up and for sure you will reach your Christmas goal of 199lbs.:high5:

Maria:)

Wheezy, before i was banded i was going to a weight loss group called T.O.P.S. (taking of pounds sensibly). They had a diet based on 1200 to 1500 cal's. a day or, you could do your own diet, needless to say i was not very succussful at it. After banding i continued to go there for the support, and for the use of there scales, this way i am still accountable, it helps because we all give each other support.

Now i try to stay within a 1000 cals. per day which seems to work for me.

As for the Multivitamin i have never found a liquid one, i was crushing them, but they were nasty to take that way, now i cut them in halve and that is much easier for me.

Maria:)

What kind of chewables do you have, Wheezy? I have Vita-Vim berry flavoured, and I'm in love with 'em! I've never seen liquid Vitamins either... maybe it's something we can't get in Canada.

*waiting for someone to waltz in and tell us that Walgreen's has them* LOL

I decided to get banded because i wanted to stop dieting. I am 39 and I've been dieting since I was about 10 or 11. My whole life has been about watching what I eat. Every Monday was the begining of a new diet. I own every diet book ever published. every dieting and exercise magazine, I even work at a weight loss center! I want this band to force me to stop eating, to help me so I do not need to "diet"

I want this to be the begining of the end!

Argon, you are doing great!!! I can't wait for my first fill. It's taking me some time to figure out how the band is working for me and I am realizing that it is different for everyone.

For instance, I did not have time for Breakfast, so.... like I did before the surgery, I would pull up to the drive through at McDonalds. I ordered an Egg McMuffin. Well, I'm no longer a slime virgin.....I had two bites and that was it. I know now that anything made with white flour I can't take. Isn't that great!!

The chewable Multi-Vitamin I have is Centrum Select. I will have to look for the Vita-Vims. Do you remember where you got them? We don't have a Walgreen where I'm from is that similar to a Walmart?

Lila, I would love to have my head think that I was no longer on some kind of diet. I was banded less than a month ago, it will take some time, maybe another 30 years?

Irishmist, you brought back some memories for me. I used to belong to a TOPS that was many years ago. It was after my first child was born. It was in one of our community centers and I was probably the youngest one there. I lasted maybe... 2 months.

Atkins, I remember it well.... It's funny that it was mentioned by Argon, I thought of starting it today!!!!

Hi Lila , yes you can buy those Vitamins at Walmart.I have been dieting forever too.Dr Phil;s diet ,T.O.P.,s ,Atkins, etc. I really like my band and i don;t diet just watch what i eat.

Hi Wheezy... yup, that's where I got them too... Walmart. Jamieson chewable Vita-Vim.

I was being a jerk, saying what I said about Walgreens. I don't think we even have Walgreens in Canada. I was joking that probably an American would come in and tell us you could get them at Walgreens. (I'll assume they don't notice this is a Canadian thread!)