Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wheezy Whispers-AKA September's Goals

Wheezy - Bobbie is SO CUTE!!!! congratulations - show us more pics!!! Way to go on the exercize!

The site seems to have been hacked a few times now, some Turkish hack site from what I can tell. It doesn't effect your individual computer in any way. Basically someone just hijacks the url here. They target random sites, just because they can - hackers are a weird bunch.

So our offer on the house we want to buy was accepted, but it's still not ours until all the financing is arranged and stuff. I'm trying not to get too excited until all is completed. I've been scouting out my potential new neighbourhood though. The YMCA is close by, and for a good price I'll have full access to the gym, pool, etc, monthly fees let you take classes for free too, like yoga, pilates, Water aerobics, etc. SO - once we settle in I'll hopefully be able to start working out more regularly. If we get the house, possession date won't be till beginning of October though. I'll have to slog through Sept. on my own and feeling particularly lazy... LOL.

Cool, didn't notice before that I could click on the little pic and get a big one! - and! then get to browse all your other pics too! what cuties!!!!

2776869980096501034glFjrr_th.jpg

This is Austin (cat) and Bobbie (dog). As usual Austin is minding her own business, while Bobbie has a different mindset

I know the picture is small. I'm trying to publish photos from webshots.com and I'm not very familiar with it. I will keep trying.

Hi Guys.

Your pets are adorable Wheezy!!

I was getting the same hack thing too on Sunday, then yesterday my interet service was down, I feel like I've been gone forever.

Good Luck on the house Leila, crossing my fingers for ya!!

Your animals are adorable, Wheezy. So are yours, Cloe. We have one cat at the moment. The other one died earlier this summer from a blood clot. It was a painful, horrible death. The cat who died was on an eternal diet. When we got him from the estate of an old man who had died of cancer he weighed 24 pounds. He was so fat that it was difficult for him to get up the stairs to the second floor which is where he wanted to be in the evening because that is where we watch TV - we have a tenant in the basement flat - and where we sleep. Sometimes we would have to carry him upstairs. When I read in bed he would lie against my spine which was very cosy. Now we are all missing him, including the other cat. The two of them were very fond of each other and made a point of sleeping together. In the past we have had as many as 3 cats and a cockatiel. No dogs, though, because we were both working full time and I am allergic. I love animals and find them very interesting.

We've been looking to buy a house for awhile, now. We wanted a nicer kitchen and more bathrooms than one. We also want to be far away from our psycho neighbour. About two years ago we got ourselves an agent, told him which areas of Toronto we wanted to live in, showed him our house, and said that we wanted something similar but better. (We really like our house except for the dysfunctional kitchen and the uni-bathroom and the nutso neighbour.) So far we've been seeing a lot of over-priced crap or houses that are 3 hundred thousand more than ours is. That's a lot of dollars to get a second toilet and a kitchen where you can make more than a pot of chili or grilled cheese on toast.

Now we are figuring that we will stay here, put up with the lunatic, and only having one toilet, and reno the kitchen. Redoing the kitchen will be a lot less expensive than moving. And the neighbours on the other side are good. She does my gardening.

Nevertheless, I envy anyone who is moving into their dream home.

Aww that is sad about your fat cat. I know it is unhealthy, but I think fat cats are so cute. My stupid cat got flees this summer (sorry, the flees are stupid, not the cat(she was walking by)), and I shampooed her last week. She looked real good, but then I noticed last night she's scratching again. Argh!!

Hey green, why not do something to piss off the insane neighbour, then maybe they will leave!!

Wheezy, the cat is bigger than the puppie!! They are so cute, they look like they love each other.

We are kinda handicapped when it comes to pissing off the insane neighbour. We are just not as nasty as he is. And he has made us his full-time project and so will work on us morning, noon, and night. The dude doesn't sleep. He only catnaps. He has encouraged his dogs to bark at us. If we are in the backyard, they will be there. If we are on the porch, they will be in the front yard. He brings 'em out periodically during the night in order that they might have 15 minute bark sessions. He has smeared our garbage cans with poop, put poison in our planters, torn cherry tomatoes off our porch plants and thrown these around. The final blow was when he drilled holes through the walls of two of my husband's tires. He had to have our truck towed and the tires replaced. And he missed a day of over-time and a day of regular work. Now we have spent 4 grand on surveillance equipment!

The guy is a real nasty piece of work. The whole street hates him. We get the brunt of it because we live next door and he is jealous of us. (I know this because I used to be friendly with him when we first moved in.)

The one nice thing about him is that he loves big women!!! Go figure.

Green, sorry about your cat. My cat is also overweight and has been on diet food since she was a kitten. I once worked in an animal hospital just after I graduated. We once had a cat that weighed 30 lbs, you have never seen the likes of it!!!

Chloe, my puppy likes the cat but my cat is very annoyed about the whole thing. I bet she wishes that puppy never set foot in this house. Although, there's plenty of time for the cat to get used to the idea.

Green, your neighbor really sounds like a psycho!! I would stay the hell away from him. I would have spent the money for surveillance equipment if I were in your situation

Leila, cool, I didn't know you could do that with the picture

Those fatty cats are the most adorable and the most comical even though their health is compromised. Our big cat was the sweetest and the funniest creature. We knew that his weight was not a good thing and we were working hard to get it down. That damn cat hardly moved and certainly didn't play. We bought a radio controlled mouse which the skinny cat loved. I always sensed that he wouldn't make for old bones. But he was big - not 30 lbs, yikes! - but we did have to build him a special over-sized kitty poop box out of a plastic trunk that we bought at either Zeller's or Walmart. LOL

The things we do for our pets!!!

When I worked at the animal hospital, I was 21. We once admitted a cat that was also 21. I was fascinated by the fact that that cat was born the same year I was. Didn't know they could live that long. Needless to say that the cat never left the hospital, well not earthbound anyway.

It is strange the powerful wealth of emotion that we invest in our animals, and the amount of projection that we do. My mate and I had spent a wicked year and a half. My kid brother and then my mother got sick and they both died suddenly. Neither death was clean, peaceful, or expected, and they came on top of my mental illness (with depression). We had a couple of our cats die 6 months before this. My husband was like a rock throughout all of this. Then the cockatiel died in his hands and he just lost it. Life is very strange, isn't it?

Green, so sad for you. You have certainly gone through a lot. Better days to come and Good Luck tomorrow. This is your time now. Keep us posted, I will be thinking of you