Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bring back Lisa Bones....

Lisa is a very emotional person and has been harrassed a great deal on here even when she wasn't physically present. Her name continued to be brought up all the time. She is going through a difficult time now after losing her beloved dog and needs support as much as anyone here. She has lost her band, but then so have many other members. Lisa reacted to the things said about her when she had stayed away from the board for mo. and who can really blame her. She lashes out...that is her way, but she is also a truthful and honest person, who makes the funniest posts I've ever seen in my life. She has a beautiful soul and a beautiful sense of humor. If this fiasco involved not only Lisa but a MOD I say give Lisa Bones another chance. I'm sure if she isn't followed around and picked in incessently she will be at peace.

Come on MODS show a little heart. Some of you were her very best friends till things went wrong. She is simply reacting to that.

I think letting Lisa back on board with just a warning like everyone else got is more than fair. I know that many people miss her.

Let's give her another chance? Anyone in agreement please speak up, and the negative ones need not respond, because we know who you are.

Thanks.

Why do we insist on keeping the pot stirred? Let's let this die down and restore peace on this board. We have lots of new members and they don't understand what is going on. Most of us don't understand, even when we have watched it play out.

I enjoy this board and it has and is very helpful to me in this journey I am taking with the lapband. I would hope this site continues to be a source of information and a safe place to bear our hearts when needed.

Let it go. Lisa is a big girl and has proved time and time again she can stand up for herself. Continuing this as an attempt to stand up for her doesn't do anyone any good. Just let it go.

What will be will be.

Peace.

THIS IS MY FINAL POST. FAREWELL

*flips up middle finger*

*skips way*

Dody,

This is what Lisa said in her last post - let her gooooooooooo.

What is done is probably too late to be rectified for sure.....and I say this honestly with a tear in my eye. She will be missed by me and many others, but I will let the subject go.....but do I think Lisa will appear as someone else...UmHum I do....I'm hoping anyway.

Dody, I too found her delightful, and hate that she is banned but others who antagonized her are not. I'll miss her deeply thoughtful insight, her honest and heartfelt musings and most of all her warped sense of humor. Lisa is hilarious without effort. She's one of a kind, that girl, and greatly misunderstood by those who didn't take time to really get to know her. I'm glad I did.

I'm really sorry about Lisa losing her dog. We lost ours last fall and it was very traumatic.

Here is an online support group for those grieving the loss of their pets. Perhaps you could pass it along to Lisa.

http://www.petloss.com/

I have to remind myself that Lisa is moving onto a wonderful new life. She has finally been able to quit her job as a paralegal and is starting her own business. I just know she will be a huge success. I also know this place won't be the same without her. :) I wish her nothing but the best that life holds.

I also have to realize she probably would not want to come back to this place as Lisa Bones at all...if she did come back. She is hurt and was given no warning. She simply could not sign on under her name. Whereever she is she will be a success, because she has an engaging and winning personality that got trounced on by many here that didn't understand the real Lisa. I've always been told what goes around comes around, and I hope in Lisa's case this turns out to be true.

God is in charge...

Heaven knows I may regret this...

I haven't posted in a long while because of the turmoil going down. But believe me, I have watched and read it all, but being a newby, have been too guarded to post ANYTHING for fear of someone taking something in the wrong way and attacking. It seems to take almost nothing these days. I just HAD to post now, because I had actually written a complaint to the mods that this is not a safe environment to share and be supported. None of this would be tolerated in a place of business, a church or your own homes - it shouldn't be tolerated here. I think that the mods and Alex let this go on unchecked much longer than I would have, had I been the owner of this board. Apparently they are much more tolerant and patient than I - nice people our mods. The hundreds of wonderful people on this board have been completely drowned out by the handful of pot stirrers. The ones who protest the loudest should take a look at their own actions and hurtful words. If everyone took a serious look at things they have said in the past couple of weeks (and farther back) you will see some uglyliness that has been claimed to be provoked but has really come out of oversensitivity and failure to think and cool off before posting and frankly spitefulness and pettiness. I am speaking from my heart. Do not attack me for putting into words what most of the newbies that have been reading this board have been thinking. No blame is being assigned, only concern for the wellbeing of everyone here that comes for support, information and entertainment.

My feelings on Lisa go from one end of the spectrum to the other. She reminds me of the child in the book The Good Little Bad Little Girl; "When she was good, she was very, very good, but when she was bad, she was horrid!" We have to let her go. It doesn't matter what her background or what her problems - we've all got our own weighty luggage. It doesn't give any of us license to say many of the things she did, or do many of the things she did. She did a lot of good for LBT (count the many fabulous threads she started from her fertile imagination!), but the turmoil she stirs up outweighs all the good she did. We should not get into a blame game - even those that plead innocence the loudest are nowhere near it. At this point, her mere presence is toxic. It's a shame, but true.

The final word on all of this belongs to Alex, I believe. The blame can't be put on the mods. It's his domain and he can kick any of us out at any time. If anyone doesn't agree with his decisions then they are free to go elsewhere - it's better than staying and having bitter feelings and an unfulfilling support network. If this doesn't clear up soon, I'm afraid that that's what I may do - at the time I'll need all of you the most, which would be really sad. I have three eight year-old boys that behave better than many of the members have been bahaving lately. I really don't need more infighting in my support network.

Please, let's all just let her go and go on with support and laughs as usual. In the past few months, I have come to love this place and depend on the levity and heartfelt good wishes of the members. I'd hate to see that change.

Most Sincerely,

P.S. I don't mean to speak for all newbies - I just know that as a newby that's the way I feel and ASSUME that many other newbies feel the same. You know what they say about assuming...

See, already I'm apologizing. Oy!

Delarla made her decision so it's time to move forward and get on with the business of supporting one another in our weight loss efforts.

I've been around here for a couple of years and have witnessed several nasty message board fueds. I don't know Lisa personally, but I've seen her in many ugly fueds, I've seen her swear she won't be back, I've seen her say she's leaving, I've seen her say that people begged her to come back so she did, I've seen her make people laugh (including myself) I've seen her really hurt people, I've seen her really tick people off, I've seen her leave and I've seen her come back again numerous times. I don't know anything about anyone's personal fueds, I'm just posting about what I've read on this message board.

For the most part, I think we're all adults. If someone wants to leave, then let them leave. If a moderator has broken the rules, then let the power(s) that be handle it.

It's like this board has to go through major drama every couple of months or so. I guess that's going to happen when you get so many people posting on a message board with so many different personalities.

I agree with others that say that this is a board that people should feel safe about coming to for support and information concerning the LapBand and our weight loss issues.

I hope this all blows over soon, if I were a newly banded person and visited this board, I would have to wonder what the band does to people mentally.

BTW, I've lost 115 pounds and feel great! I feel very fortunate that I still have my band, and I feel very badly for those that have lost it. I come here for information more than anything, if I came here for support, I think I might get more messed up than help :)

Tricia

Lisa most certainly DID NOT make her decision to be banned from this site. The decision was made for her. I say bring her back too. I support any efforts 110% to bring her back. Why should one person be singled out for speaking her mind when others do it every day without the same consequences? It all speaks to integrity. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. However, that does not seem to apply here.

LISA gets my vote any day of the week. I don't say this to make friends or keep friends. It's how I feel. I know who I am as a person and as a matter of fact, I like the person I am. I stand on my own two feet and call a spade a spade.

If you don't know her, you are missing out. I only know her from LBT and since she's not been around for mos until recently, I can't say I know her well. I can however say she is true blue. What you see is what you get. That cannot be said of all members of this board. I respect the fact that she doesn't make excuses for who she is. She doesn't pretend to be something she isn't to gain self-worth. No matter how much a person may try, you cannot improve "self" with lies and deceit. Oh, it may fool some people some of the time, but it all comes out in the wash. Mark my word. Whether Lisa is here or not, the truth will come out. I may not be here to see it happen, but the true victory has yet to come.

I think I've only been here about a yr. and missed all the hoopla that went on before,or else I just wasn't aware of who was who. I know now things happen for a reason like I said and I'm sorry I started this post for a very good friend....or a person I knew with integrity who got a little off the beaten track today. Lisa got it all out.....that I do know and she is probably feeling good right now.