Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved on June 8th. I have done pretty good so far. I just have not found a Protein shake that I can drink. I have been doing the New whey shots but it can upset my stomach some. As far as I can tell the powder is cheaper too. Any suggestions?

I am also having issues with drinking enough Water. I have never been much of a drinker. :-(

Worry mostly about the Water. Are you using the small medical cups to drink your Water? Some people like warmer water. If water is hard try a decaff tea with some added artificial sweetener. I like Bigelow Peppermint Tea (i always celestial seasonings) but it's actually Bigelow lol. and Truvia. It has helped me a lot.

I'm really struggling with the Protein. It disgusts me though I used to love Protein shakes. It's like a disgusting sticky elmers glue to me now. If i throw it in the blender or use my magic bullet it whips too much bubbles in it.

As for the Water intake - just have something flavored - it still counts as Water. It needs to be sugar free...since I like tea I drink alot of varieties of tea, like MIO sweet tea water flavor enhancer (MIO has a variety of flavors) or Arizona Diet green tea, crystal light, etc.

As far as Protein, alot of people enjoy the ready to drink shakes "Premier Protein" sold at costco and Sams club, it's sold in chocolate, vanilla and strawberry. If you prefer the thinner fruity Protein drinks, try nectar products sold at the Vitamin Shoppe, GNC and on Amazon. I like Pure Protein Powder in Frosty chocolate. I mix one scoop with water and put it in the freezer for awhile. It doesn't tast bad at all, and believe me some Protein powders taste awful.

Good luck!!

Worry mostly about the Water. Are you using the small medical cups to drink your Water? Some people like warmer water. If water is hard try a decaff tea with some added artificial sweetener. I like Bigelow Peppermint Tea (i always celestial seasonings) but it's actually Bigelow lol. and Truvia. It has helped me a lot.

I'm really struggling with the Protein. It disgusts me though I used to love Protein shakes. It's like a disgusting sticky elmers glue to me now. If i throw it in the blender or use my magic bullet it whips too much bubbles in it.

I am not using medical cups. I have tried the luke warm water and i just dont care for it. I tore up the ice in the hospital so ive been drinking iced water. Some days are much better than others. I am just getting back to work so its kinda blah but im trying. I MAY get in 20-30 oz in a day and they told me i need to do 40. I didnt do that much before surgery of any kind of liquid. I have tried the defac tea with sweetener, couldnt do it. I am one that likes tea rarely. Its not that i dont like the taste of water, i just dont drink much. Ive tried the crystal light and all to make it more appealing but that made it worse. I TOTALLY agreee with the bubbles. I never had Protein Shakes until now.

As for the Water intake - just have something flavored - it still counts as Water. It needs to be sugar free...since I like tea I drink alot of varieties of tea, like MIO sweet tea water flavor enhancer (MIO has a variety of flavors) or Arizona Diet green tea, crystal light, etc.

As far as Protein, alot of people enjoy the ready to drink shakes "Premier Protein" sold at costco and Sams club, it's sold in chocolate, vanilla and strawberry. If you prefer the thinner fruity Protein drinks, try nectar products sold at the Vitamin Shoppe, GNC and on Amazon. I like Pure Protein Powder in Frosty chocolate. I mix one scoop with water and put it in the freezer for awhile. It doesn't tast bad at all, and believe me some protein powders taste awful.

Good luck!!

Ive tried all the mix with water stuff, it makes it worse for me. Plain water is fine its just to drink it. I tried a PB cup shake mixed with water drank once sip. My mom mixed plain yogurt in it still only drank one sip. I just bought 12 of the New Whey Protein Shots that have 42g off amazon. I have tried 2 flavors Walmart sells and that are ok so I will see how this does. I can force myself to drink a few onces if it has alot of protein but this 8-16 oz for 14g is not going to cut it lol.

As far as Protein, alot of people enjoy the ready to drink shakes "Premier Protein" sold at costco and Sams club, it's sold in chocolate, vanilla and strawberry. If you prefer the thinner fruity Protein drinks, try nectar products sold at the Vitamin Shoppe, GNC and on Amazon. I like Pure Protein powder in Frosty chocolate. I mix one scoop with water and put it in the freezer for awhile. It doesn't tast bad at all, and believe me some protein powders taste awful.

Good luck!!

I love the MIO it is really good and made with splenda. I also agree about the Premier Protein...I love the vanilla! I am pre-op my surgery is scheduled for Monday June 25th. I am a protein shake-aholic! I hope I continue to feel the same after the surgery!

Do you have an egg timer? Use that to "ping" you to remind you to drink.

I hate Water, but I'm loving fruit20 in peach and propel in berry. I put them in the freezer, using my egg timer to not leave them in there too long to be frozen. The egg timer helps me with that 30 mins before and after you eat not to drink rule.

I do suggest using the medicine cups. I did that for the longest time and it helped reinforce to me the "sip sip sip" mentality. I carried one of those suckers around with me and didn't care who thought what.

Try the cytosport whey isolate RTD Protein drinks. They are delish! Premier Protein drinks are great too. I loved vanilla (strawberry was too sweet). Oh and crystal light in cherry pomegrante rocks. Most of the other flavors, I'm like... meh. But cherry pom is good. I mix a big ol thermo lined cup that I got from the hospital (it's 28 oz) and do at least two to three a day. It took me a while to build up to this, but you can do it. Just remember, Water helps you lose weight as well as keeps you hydrated.

Good luck!

I love the MIO it is really good and made with splenda. I also agree about the Premier Protein...I love the vanilla! I am pre-op my surgery is scheduled for Monday June 25th. I am a Protein shake-aholic! I hope I continue to feel the same after the surgery!

I will say some prayers that you love them after surgery. I loved Pure Protein Frosty chocolate so much, and I hated when I had to go on New Directions for pre-op. Right now I am not a fan of any Protein shake. I drank protein shakes for Breakfast and sometimes lunch for almost 7 months prior to surgery and I have always loved them. This is really hard on me right this second but i was told that someday I will like them again, I just had a little tastebud change for right now after surgery. I am hoping so because I have so many tubs that I bought prior to surgery.

Ive tried all the mix with Water stuff' date=' it makes it worse for me. Plain Water is fine its just to drink it. I tried a PB cup shake mixed with water drank once sip. My mom mixed plain yogurt in it still only drank one sip. I just bought 12 of the new whey Protein shots that have 42g off Amazon. I have tried 2 flavors Walmart sells and that are ok so I will see how this does. I can force myself to drink a few onces if it has alot of Protein but this 8-16 oz for 14g is not going to cut it lol.[/quote']

I bought these Protein Shots too but if you look at the ingredients, the first one is collagen protein. This is not good for us bariatric patients. These shots are designed more for weight lifters than people like us who are trying to lose weight.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using VST

I was just allowed to start Protein Shake 1oz per hour w 7 oz clears on Monday. I had surgery June 11 but also was found to have a hital hernia so they fixed that too so drinking Clear Liquids in the hospital wasn't easy and I stayed in clears till I was released on Friday June 15.

I've not had a problem w the 1 oz of Protein Shakes per hour. Using nectar chocolate Truffle mixed w skim milk. I used this also for pre op 2 week liquid diet too. I'm getting in at least 80 total oz of liquids a day one day I got 100 oz in. I've been drinking Decaf iced tea w stevia, decaf coffee w skim milk and the flavored sugar free coffee syrups, ice Water, and sugar free pop sickles. I did buy Campbell's chicken noodle Soup added 2 cans if water to it and strained out the chicken and noodles and have been using the broth of it to drink.

So far I still like the Protein shakes! I just want something with more flavor! I can start mushies on the 10th.